Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
Zimmer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can't Play Game player stuck in DFA

If need be, I'll report this to the bug report but I am hoping some of you know a fix.

I have a player whose time ran out on DFA so you get the warning that the player needs to be assigned to a team or released. However, ... when you go to the DFA screen and attempt to assign him to a team, I get "player is injured, place him on the DL instead!" But, ... when I attempt to drag him to the DL, or click to place him on DL from right click menu, he stays glued to the DFA list and will not move to DL. Then, ... attempting to "Finish Day" or play next game, I get the original warning about a player DFA's who needs assigned or released so back to Square 1.

Have Hurricane Irma bearing down on me and really would like to play the game until I lose electricity since I am cooped up inside so if anyone knows a fix that does not involve "file a bug report", please do help me and thanks in advance.
Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Did you try commissioner mode. manually put him on dl or remove him from dfa?
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #3
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I would use commissioner mode to move him to a minor league team and then put him on the DL. The game won't let you put him directly on the DL because he's not on any roster at the moment. It's a loophole that probably should be closed somehow.

Also, stay safe, man.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
Zimmer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Angry I am in Commissioner mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I would use commissioner mode to move him to a minor league team and then put him on the DL. The game won't let you put him directly on the DL because he's not on any roster at the moment. It's a loophole that probably should be closed somehow.

Also, stay safe, man.
Thanks to both of you for responding. I was in commissioner mode from the get go so that doesn't help. I can "assign to DL" and the message comes up to select 10 day or 60 day, I do that, click OK, but the player remains frozen on the DFA list.

This is such a bummer. Maybe my last day on earth and I can't play OOTP.

UPDATE: Here is how I fixed it.

I went to the editor and saw that he had 11 days of injury but 0 days on DL. I added 10 days to the "days on DL". However, that didn't fix it as it still had the player frozen on the DFA, unable to assign to a team.

Then, I went to the section to "add an injury". I added a new injury, went back to the DFA screen and was then able to move the player to the DL. Thanks to both of you about mentioning "commissioner mode" and although I was already in commissioner mode, I didn't think about using the editor until you mentioned that.

Unless I overlooked it, I did not see anywhere in the editor that allowed me to add days to the 10 day (?) countdown to assign or release because that would have possibly worked to, but by adding a new injury through the editor, that did fix it. Thx again

BTW, re your, "I would use commissioner mode to move him to a minor league team" ... I was in Com Mode and still couldn't move him to a minor league team. Maybe you implied using the editor to move him to a minor league team. I didn't see anywhere in the editor that allowed a change of team, in fact, I don't see in the editor that it even says what team they are on in any combo box.

Seems to me this is a bug that ought to get fixed.

The game designers might note that if I had not been playing Com Mode, this could have been a fatal flaw and I may have had to scrap the entire game. I would like to play in non-Com mode for the challenge but here is a case where playing in Com Mode allowed me to escape a bug and a frozen game. Looks like I will be playing in Com Mode forever for the ability to work around certain bugs.

Last edited by Zimmer; 09-09-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:16 PM   #5
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

In the editor, there should be a "Select New Team" Under Team Information, which is right below the player information on the left side
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #6
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
Have Hurricane Irma bearing down on me and really would like to play the game until I lose electricity since I am cooped up inside so if anyone knows a fix that does not involve "file a bug report", please do help me and thanks in advance.
The real question is, why aren't you getting to safety?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:48 PM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I would have expected in the above that you should have been able to place him on the major league roster and then the MLB disabled list. I know in the past I've also simply used one click to add him to the secondary roster, and then he should be able to be dragged to the DFA list (if you don't have an open spot on the MLB roster).

Putting him on the minor league DL is not really supported behaviour, since if he got hurt in the MLB I would imagine that the MLBPA would have a problem with trying to send him down and put him on the minor league DL. But I guess sometimes it would be nice to have a bit more explanation for what might actually be possible to do with a player, since it's understandable that not everyone is a CBA expert.

Also, stay safe
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Anything happen when you drag him to the bottom on the screen other then option to release him?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #9
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I would have expected in the above that you should have been able to place him on the major league roster and then the MLB disabled list.
The problem is what happens when the ML roster is full.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #10
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Putting him on the minor league DL is not really supported behaviour, since if he got hurt in the MLB I would imagine that the MLBPA would have a problem with trying to send him down and put him on the minor league DL. But I guess sometimes it would be nice to have a bit more explanation for what might actually be possible to do with a player, since it's understandable that not everyone is a CBA expert.
Does the CBA prohibit teams from even DFA'ing a guy who's hurt? My guess is yes, but I'm far from an expert.

I'm wondering if the injury was an illness that the player came down with after he was DFA'd. I could be completely wrong, but that is one possible scenario that could have put the OP in the situation he had.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #11
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
Have Hurricane Irma bearing down on me and really would like to play the game until I lose electricity

LOVE the commitment!
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:59 PM   #12
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

This sounds like a player who was on the 60 day DL and is therefore no longer on the 40 man roster. assign him to the 40 man roster and if he still has options left move him to AAA and you should be able to move him to the DL if needed. If the 40 man roster is full then you have a decision to make.

If you have another player on the ML roster who has already used an option this year you can clear space on the ML roster by moving that player to the minors then placing the guy on the ML roster then the DL.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:53 AM   #13
Zimmer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Made it through the hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
LOVE the commitment!
LOL, I did the basic preparation stuff and knew I would lose electricity (had no electricity for 7 days) so I just wanted to play the game and take my mind off the impending doom.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #14
Zimmer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hurricane or not, when you wanna play, you play

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
The real question is, why aren't you getting to safety?
If you know this could be the last day on Earth, you just start checking off things you wanna do. The game is a recent purchase so I just wanted to play some since I knew I would not be able to play for a week or so after Godzilla wrecked the county I live in. Had everything prepared and emergency preparations done so "game on".
Old 09-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #15
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Good to see you made it through.