Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #1
Six String Guild
Bat Boy

I am this close to buying but...

Hi all:

I was a big Earl Weaver Baseball fan back in the day and have been looking for something like it ever since. I actually bought OOTP probably over 15 years ago but for several reasons, was turned off by it, mainly because they didn't have real players. On a lark, I looked up OOTP a day ago and it sounds like they do now PLUS all of the customizations I am looking for...I think. Below is a list of what I want to do w/ my game. Could someone let me know if OOTP 19 will allow me to do the following?
1. I want to take the best players from the past 40 years and make a fantasy/fictional league of 30-36 teams (depending on the number of players I come up with that are "worthy" lol).
2. Can I have more than 30 teams? Can I name them anything I want and pick a stadium from history?
3. From what I read, it sounds like maybe I can do this but it might be complex? How hard is it to do? IF so, is there a thread or webpage somewhere that walks a person through how to do this?

One more thing, if I decide to buy, should I buy it on Steam or from OOTP themselves? Any difference besides price?

Sorry for the questions. I've done some research and I can't really determine from what I've read and watched if this game gives me what I want. I'm looking to recapture some of that Earl Weaver magic, if not more. I'm ready to buy but I just need that extra confirmation. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Six String Guild; 01-21-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Six String Guild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

2. Yes. Yes. Yes.

3.Yes. Somewhat. Not that I know of (the pages with the buttons are pretty clear)
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The game comes with a quickstart of "All-Time Greats". I would suggest buying the game and playing that league for a while to see how you like the game and learn some of the basics.

If you read the manual, there will be information on how to set up a custom league and import players into that league. It is certainly possible to do what you want, but I would say it is challenging for a newbie to pull off without instructions.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #4
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

if you want to browse the manual here's a link. maybe it will clear up some issues?

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...php?man=ootp19
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote