Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question How can i be both GM and Head Coach in a new team?

When i started my save i chose one team in KHL. There i was automatically appointed as GM AND Head Coach and i liked the way how it was, because i could choose tactics, set player roles etc. Then i resigned and got an offer from another team in OHL and i found out that i could not choose a tactic system nor set any roles for my players because there was a Head Coach who's responsible for tactics and coaching. So i fired him but now i realize that my team is a priori weaker than any opposition because we dont have a headcoach to enforce our system with tactical points, so we can not get the tactical advantage. And my personal tactic skills are not counted since i am not the HeadCoach.
For example, in my previous team in KHL where i was both GM and HC, on the strategy screen right before a game i could see something like this
Brooks System [13]/Left WIng Lock [13]. Now instead of those 13 it can be maximum [0] ---- because, again, we dont have a Head Coach.
So, my question is - is there a possibility to make myself both GM&HC to control the team tactics? I don't want to hire a HC because i would like to control the tactics and make in-game coaching by myself.
MarkLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:29 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Actually, you should have become the GM/HC of the OHL team when you took them over, if there wasn't a coach in place. We'd like to see the save to find out what's gone wrong there; it sounds like there may be some data issue with the way the jobs were vacated before you got the offer. In the meantime, you may be able to fix it by hiring and then firing a head coach (although you'll likely have to wait a while to fire him, since the owner probably won't allow a newly-hired coach to be fired without justification.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:38 AM   #3
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Does it mean that if i want to be both gm/hc, i should take a look in advance if there is a hc in the team which offers me a contract? Because even if i fire the coach it does not automatically make me hc
Old 02-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLeo View Post
Does it mean that if i want to be both gm/hc, i should take a look in advance if there is a hc in the team which offers me a contract? Because even if i fire the coach it does not automatically make me hc
No, it should make you both. We'd really like to have a look at the save if it's not doing that even after you fire the coach - there are directions for uploading it to our ftp site here, or you can put it on a file sharing site like filedropper.com or dropbox and send me the link.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have tried to "take over" several teams in the commissioner mode. The result is the same. You can only be be GM. Which is not really good in my opinion. Jeff, is there a possibility that you will fix it? Or you will not release any new hot-fixes for FHM3
Old 02-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

This is not the way it is supposed to be working. I've just finished doing some testing on another update, which involved me repeatedly taking over teams in commissioner mode; it always made me their GM/Head Coach. Again, please upload the save, it sounds like there is something that's gone wrong with your specific game that's locking you into GM-only, and we won't be able to tell what's happening with it until we see it.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:38 AM   #7
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you Jeff. I have uploaded my save. Please have a look. "111"
Old 02-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got it, thank you. Looks like the head coach appeared at the exact time you joined the team, he only has history for the last 20 games of the season, just like you. Malte's having a look now trying to figure out what happened and how to correct it.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:19 PM   #9
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Got it, thank you. Looks like the head coach appeared at the exact time you joined the team, he only has history for the last 20 games of the season, just like you. Malte's having a look now trying to figure out what happened and how to correct it.
Thank you so much Jeff. I have just updated to 3.4.116. Started unemployed, got an offer and became both GM and HeadCoach as it is supposed to be, then i resigned, picked a new team and it is also ok - both GM and HeadCoach. So, apparently now it is all right
However if you could "rescue" my previous save i would be really appreciate
Old 02-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLeo View Post
Thank you so much Jeff. I have just updated to 3.4.116. Started unemployed, got an offer and became both GM and HeadCoach as it is supposed to be, then i resigned, picked a new team and it is also ok - both GM and HeadCoach. So, apparently now it is all right
However if you could "rescue" my previous save i would be really appreciate
Malte was able to fix it, check your messages for the link. Still not sure what the original cause was, but you should be able to play it normally now.