Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #81
Jotaesethegeek
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You no longer get email notifications of negotiation updates?

Edit: I just tested it here, works fine. We did a few changes IIRC that no longer send unimportant messages, like a player telling you he's favoring your offer, because he already told you that during the negotiations.

With International Free Agents none emailed to say "This team has given a better offer" to give me a chance to counter offer.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #82
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
As someone mentioned above, I can't find the AI potential vs current ability option. Where can we find this?

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to OOTP18!
You haven't heard about the new feature coming to OOTP 18???

It will allow GMs to make announcements via hologram on a drone, just like Matt Hardy (TNA Wrestling) did.

Matt Hardy Hologram message

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #83
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbreen View Post
Well I attribute my specific case to the patch because I have 500 hours into OOTP17 and have never once had this issue, and I did not have it until immediately after the update.
Same problem for me post patch. I never had one of my minor league players released before as I usually control it.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #84
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaesethegeek View Post
With International Free Agents none emailed to say "This team has given a better offer" to give me a chance to counter offer.
I noticed it too
Old 08-06-2016, 11:01 AM   #85
pbreen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
Same problem for me post patch. I never had one of my minor league players released before as I usually control it.
I even changed the settings as someone here recommended so that I control the entire minor league, not the AI, but still the problem persists.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:05 AM   #86
jaguar8311
Minors (Triple A)

Getting the same problem with teams releasing Top prospects. And they all suddenly happen the day after I sim with the new patch, so no coincidence I think.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:09 AM   #87
pbreen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar8311 View Post
Getting the same problem with teams releasing Top prospects. And they all suddenly happen the day after I sim with the new patch, so no coincidence I think.
I can attest to this. I conveniently have a back-up the day before the patch and there are no problems. The very next day I sim the problems start.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #88
kehowey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTPinstripes View Post
Anyone else have their red and green arrows on minor leaguers disappear with this patch?
Mine are gone too ...
Old 08-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #89
homerj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaesethegeek View Post
That isn't strictly this patch, although it could happen more. Even before this patch, if I had pending offers I would sim day-to-day and then have the "pending offers" screen bookmarked to see what the status was.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #90
rylinus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Minor League Players Being Released

I am also having the problem with released minor league players. Even though I have control over this the AI is releasing several prospects of mine every month. This happened as soon as I uploaded the patch. I have played the game for years and this never happened before, not even once. I only noticed it because my lowest minor league team was all of a sudden down to one player from a full roster.

I've also noticed that highly ranked prospects from other teams (including the overall #2 pick in the previous year's draft) are being cut as well.

This is kind of destroying the whole universe because I am constantly needing to pick up prospects to keep my rosters full but at the same time it feels unethical to pick up the very good players the AI is dropping from other teams. My uneasy truce is to try to pick up the same players I released if they are still available and otherwise just to pick up average to below average prospects as roster filler. But considering that the fun of the game for me is controlling all player development and watching the progress of prospect, this is a very frustrating error.

I have never had a complaint about the game before but this is definitely a real problem and needs to be fixed. I will likely need to stop playing into it is.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into the game and making it as great as it has become. I am a big fan and I appreciate it.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:46 AM   #91
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTPinstripes View Post
Anyone else have their red and green arrows on minor leaguers disappear with this patch?
yeah, mine are gone too. Now that they are gone, i realize how much i tended to use them as gauges to take a closer look at a player.

i didn't help them return if i let my asst, gm control minors or not.

playing historical game (1908) if that means anything.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 08-06-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #92
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
yeah, mine are gone too. Now that they are gone, i realize how much i tended to use them as gauges to take a closer look at a player.

i didn't help them return if i let my asst, gm control minors or not.
And yet mine are fine. First screen print = AI controlling. Second screen print = me controlling, and making the dumb move of promoting Roy and Graves from R to AAA.

Mine is a fictional game from 16, recently converted (pre-patch) to 17.
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 08-06-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #93
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylinus View Post
I am also having the problem with released minor league players. Even though I have control over this the AI is releasing several prospects of mine every month. This happened as soon as I uploaded the patch. I have played the game for years and this never happened before, not even once. I only noticed it because my lowest minor league team was all of a sudden down to one player from a full roster.

I've also noticed that highly ranked prospects from other teams (including the overall #2 pick in the previous year's draft) are being cut as well.

This is kind of destroying the whole universe because I am constantly needing to pick up prospects to keep my rosters full but at the same time it feels unethical to pick up the very good players the AI is dropping from other teams. My uneasy truce is to try to pick up the same players I released if they are still available and otherwise just to pick up average to below average prospects as roster filler. But considering that the fun of the game for me is controlling all player development and watching the progress of prospect, this is a very frustrating error.

I have never had a complaint about the game before but this is definitely a real problem and needs to be fixed. I will likely need to stop playing into it is.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into the game and making it as great as it has become. I am a big fan and I appreciate it.
These guys being released, are they low in work ethic and intelligence?

Because I have seen the AI shun players like these even though they are highly rated. Why this should have been amplified in this last patch, if it was, I don't know but that could be a partial answer.

- Bru

Old 08-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #94
OOTPinstripes
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is it possible to go back to the previous patch? Or is that patch gone forever?
Old 08-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #95
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Seems like a lot of people are having issues with good prospects being released.

I think I'll hold off from updating for now. Hopefully Markus and Matt can reproduce the issues and correct them.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:26 PM   #96
Griever20
Hall Of Famer

The AI has been cutting 17-19 year old minor leaguers alot after spring training and sometimes in the season even before the patch. I keep a close look at those, because I like to add some quality prospects this way.

But I can confirm that after installing the patch, the AI has cut around 75 players in two days in that age range.

Seems like an issue with the AI trying to trim down the minor league rosters while valueing the players wrong... maybe change the AI Player Evaluation could help here.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:43 PM   #97
pbreen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Seems like a lot of people are having issues with good prospects being released.

I think I'll hold off from updating for now. Hopefully Markus and Matt can reproduce the issues and correct them.
It is real irritating when the update is forced upon you on Steam ;(
Old 08-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #98
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Make sure ghost players are off if you have that sort of league. Other than that more details would be necessary to comment/test this.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #99
Griever20
Hall Of Famer

Ok standard MLB league started in OOTP 15, converted to OOTP 17(Former ARI Dynasty), in 2024 season

Changed to 100% accuracy for the sake of argument.

Filter: 19 or younger

Played 2 days after the patch:

This is the free agent list with this filter:

Name:  released prospects.PNG
Views: 400
Size:  95.6 KB

Ghost players disabled.

All players were with R affiliates.

Date: August 13th, loaded the game with the newest patch on August 11th

All players were released on the last two days.

The R league team they were on released alot of on the same day, some of them started 40 games for the team.

Hope that helps a bit. I will leave the game like this for now, any more informations I should look up?

Last edited by Griever20; 08-06-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #100
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I'd FTP this in since you are in 2024 and have converted this league