Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #21
kev24fan
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsusedtorule View Post
Is the Mac OSX installer working for others? I keep getting an unconfirmed download message and no download?
I have been trying to download it but it has not moved at all and it says it will take 5 more hours.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #22
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Don't suppose this fixes the issue for mac users related to baseball cards and accented player names?

Old 08-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #23
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

awesome Markus...now the early countdown starts for OOTP18!!!

and I can only imagine what you guys are going to do with that version.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
Old 08-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #24
zappa1
All Star Starter

It's pretty cool that the catcher moves to take an inside or outside pitch. A neat little thing added to the 3D animation. Like it.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #25
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev24fan View Post
I have been trying to download it but it has not moved at all and it says it will take 5 more hours.

try the mirror server
Old 08-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #26
Kasabian
Minors (Single A)

As someone mentioned above, I can't find the AI potential vs current ability option. Where can we find this?

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to OOTP18!
Old 08-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #27
smiller
Major Leagues

Just downloaded the latest patch and now the infielders' labels stay on the screen blocking the 3D action and the ball shimmers in the air when hit. Any idea why this is happening as none of my settings pre-patch have changed?
Old 08-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #28
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
As someone mentioned above, I can't find the AI potential vs current ability option. Where can we find this?

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to OOTP18!
It's on the league settings->Rules, in the minor league options. You have in the past been able to set that option individually for each minor league team in their settings->Stats&AI page under general roster strategy, but figured it was easier to hit one button than to hit 15 if you wanted to change it.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:57 PM   #29
smiller
Major Leagues

Matt, If I can't fix this problem I just reported, there any way to uninstall the patch? I can 't play the game when the 3D is in this state as it is basically worthless.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:07 PM   #30
Kasabian
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
It's on the league settings->Rules, in the minor league options. You have in the past been able to set that option individually for each minor league team in their settings->Stats&AI page under general roster strategy, but figured it was easier to hit one button than to hit 15 if you wanted to change it.

Sounds good. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2016, 05:11 PM   #31
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Matt, If I can't fix this problem I just reported, there any way to uninstall the patch? I can 't play the game when the 3D is in this state as it is basically worthless.
I'd suggest re-installing the patch, and maybe checking to see if you have any drivers that need updates as well. While we did make changes to the 3D, we didn't make any changes to how things render.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #32
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure why, but after the update the managers are not creating pitching or hitting lineups at rookie. i created a test fictional league to test out some of the new settings, and everything is at default. I'm not sure why every rookie team has blank depth charts.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
Old 08-05-2016, 05:14 PM   #33
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd suggest re-installing the patch, and maybe checking to see if you have any drivers that need updates as well. While we did make changes to the 3D, we didn't make any changes to how things render.
Sometimes a simple reboot rectifies things.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #34
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is awesome btw. I LOVE how it actually changes all the settings to either current and potential and then you can go to an individual league and change it for that league only, like AAA.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
Old 08-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #35
smiller
Major Leagues

I've redownloaded and rebooted, and my drivers are fine, but the problem still persists. I have downloaded every patch since 17 came out and never had a problem with the 3D. Again, is there any way to either uninstall this patch or can I reinstall the previous patch as, frankly, this has ruined the game for me?
Old 08-05-2016, 05:49 PM   #36
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

Will file a bug report, but my projected pitching match-ups have disappeared via email.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #37
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
I've redownloaded and rebooted, and my drivers are fine, but the problem still persists. I have downloaded every patch since 17 came out and never had a problem with the 3D. Again, is there any way to either uninstall this patch or can I reinstall the previous patch as, frankly, this has ruined the game for me?
you'll need to unlicense, and then uninstall the game with windows (but you don't need to delete all the folders when windows asks) before you can go back to a former patch. Also, you'll need to have a back-up to reload or it'll basically be only the bare bones game. i had to do this with one of the early patches, and it worked out well. All your custom stuff will get erased though, so be certain to save it so you can reimport those files if you have any. But as far as i know, the only way to go back to install a former patch is the WIN uninstall route. Good luck.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:15 PM   #38
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

Has the roster set issue with Adam Warren been corrected? His HPB numbers were way off the charts; I was told his player was corrupted.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:24 PM   #39
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Somebody created a almost updated Rosters.
Minor League Evolution.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:23 PM   #40
awick
Major Leagues

- Fixed where the computer manager could ignore age limits in certain situations

Could someone address this one? What situations have been addressed?
Closed Thread