Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #21
DKimb
Bat Boy

Expansion teams

When I start a new league and try to do an expansion draft, the game isn't giving the new teams games in the schedule. This used to not be an issue so long as I scheduled the expansion draft immediately from the start of the game. Is there a way around this?
DKimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #22
jmuelly
Minors (Double A)

Found it

Last edited by jmuelly; 05-12-2016 at 06:20 PM.
jmuelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:12 PM   #23
computerbaseballgeek
Bat Boy

Oops -- wrong forum. Sorry guys

Last edited by computerbaseballgeek; 05-12-2016 at 06:14 PM.
computerbaseballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #24
computerbaseballgeek
Bat Boy

Minor League Database

Thanks for the latest update. I know you guys are swamped, but I was curious if you had any update on when/if we'll be able to import individual players from the minor league database? I also read something about a work around to import them now, but couldn't figure out how that works. Thanks again
computerbaseballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #25
kcharles520
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers09 View Post
Guess I won't download anymore updates. Downloaded this one and lost saved data. It came up with a box said there was a problem with the saved data and want to restore it, which I did and then the game continued to load but it was an old save point.
That happened to me on the 1st update a while back...did you install the game to a custom folder or the default location?

When I used custom folder the update deleted my league...so always use default.
kcharles520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #26
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Holy cow. They do pay attention! (Which I knew anyway, but this time it was personal. )
Quote:
Fixed spring split stats report
Except that it's fixed only for ST batting, not pitching.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #27
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Except that it's fixed only for ST batting, not pitching.
Ouch.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #28
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Ouch.
Oops.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:45 PM   #29
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Can I ask a question? (Let's assume yes)

When you have the box checked to automatically adjust your league modifiers for accuracy, I'm assuming it does that at some point before the season starts or does it check every few months?

The reason I ask is I know the LM's are changing, at least sometime during the trek to the new season, but this season stolen bases are really low and I can see my attempts changed to .248 or something like that (I'm using the same 2015 league totals).

Just curious how all that works, thank you!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #30
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Can I ask a question? (Let's assume yes)

When you have the box checked to automatically adjust your league modifiers for accuracy, I'm assuming it does that at some point before the season starts or does it check every few months?

The reason I ask is I know the LM's are changing, at least sometime during the trek to the new season, but this season stolen bases are really low and I can see my attempts changed to .248 or something like that (I'm using the same 2015 league totals).

Just curious how all that works, thank you!
You can always ask a question. It won't always get answered

Modifiers are adjusted on opening day. You might have had a bunch of speedsters on the rosters at that point, and thus they got adjusted down. Feel free to manually bump it up for the rest of the season, and you can double check at the start of next year.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #31
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I'm having trouble setting filters for the General Managers. Every time I select something new in the list (say, Favo(u)r Prospects to Vets), I get this error message, which crashes the game:
Attached Images

Last edited by dishnet34; 05-13-2016 at 04:40 PM.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:19 PM   #32
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
I'm having trouble setting filters for the General Managers. Every time I select something new in the list (say, Favo(u)r Prospects to Vets), I get this error message, which crashes the game:
Oh yeah, sorry, looks I only made it halfway through that code before we put out this patch. Please don't use any of the new values in filters. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:30 PM   #33
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
You can always ask a question. It won't always get answered

Modifiers are adjusted on opening day. You might have had a bunch of speedsters on the rosters at that point, and thus they got adjusted down. Feel free to manually bump it up for the rest of the season, and you can double check at the start of next year.
Thanks!

I don't like messing with that stuff but the stolen bases are really down this year. I'll call it an "off" year. As long as next season, the game sees it as anomaly and adjusts it again.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:23 PM   #34
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Oops.
Eh, stuff happens. It's fixable.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:34 PM   #35
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Unplayable now

Had no problems. Now with Patch 6 I have tons. Lots of game crashes under almost any situation. Ugh. Lets fix what isnt broke. Im done.
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:17 AM   #36
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post
Played out a few 3D games last night. Problem free here. Thanks guys
I used to experience crashes in 3D mode on a Mac but I've now successfully played through three games in that mode (two on a laptop and one on an iMac) with no problems. Looks like progress has been made on this last patch.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:32 AM   #37
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

4 games in 3D.. so far so good, thank you!
Old 05-14-2016, 01:25 PM   #38
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Download not working

I've attempted multiple times to download the newest update.
It seems to start but early on, latest try was after 34.1 of 825 mb, it just stops.
In one instance it goes from saying download will take five minutes to seven hours.
Is it something I am doing or an issue with the update?
And on the fourth try, it seemed to download fine. I'm unclear how to delete messages.

Last edited by rink23; 05-14-2016 at 02:05 PM.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #39
Dave Hansen
Major Leagues

Since the new patch, have things changed with the Minor League
rating/evaluation?

My old existing game shows that my minor league strength number is now zero...down from 100-120 or so before the latest patch.

I've started two new 2016 MLB seasons and what I have found that any minor leaguer below 19 never appears on any team's minor league system report.

My previous league had a lot of 17-19 year olds, hence not being picked up with the latest patch.

Looking at the start of two new leagues...looks like 99% of all players are 20 years and up...no 17...18...and only one 19 out of a sample size of 200.

The young players are in the minor leagues ...but they are not being picked up as part of the best 100 players and the team's strength of its
minor league system...that was not the case prior to the patch as I had
numerous 17-19 year old players appearing in both reports.

Did something change?

Also, I've played 10-12 games in 3D mode and still get some goofy animations...catcher running all the way out to CF for a 2-3 putout...fielders and balls disappearing in the corners of the LF/RF areas.

No crashes experienced either before or with the latest patch in 3D mode.
Dave Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:53 PM   #40
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There were way too many teenagers before - when we did the change to boost draftee talents, we didn't adjust the algorithm for top prospects, so it got way too loaded up on teenage talent. And if you look at the MLB top-100 prospect list, there aren't a top of teens. There's maybe a couple 18 year olds and a handful of 19 year olds.

We may have gone too far the other way, but even the best 17 year olds are still a bit too far away from the show to really show up on top prospect lists. AI teams will still value them, but they won't necessarily show up on the top prospect lists.