Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:41 PM   #81
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
There are certain ISP's implicated in blocking. It's almost certainly not OOTPD fault.
I emailed Jeff and quickly got my link. I'm downloading now. Better late than never.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:47 PM   #82
pmantz
Bat Boy

a quick question guys: do I still get the steam code if I order today?
pmantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:24 AM   #83
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
There are certain ISP's implicated in blocking. It's almost certainly not OOTPD fault.
This is almost certainly true, but I still had a bit of a chuckle when my e-mail to Jeff was bounced back as spam by OOTP's mail server. Apparently it goes both ways. old timer took quick care of me via PM, though.
Shame, shame on you

NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:41 AM   #84
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OK guys, on Friday we will release the Gold Master Beta of OOTP 17 to the friendly folks who have pre-ordered. In order for things to go smoothly, please read on.

1) Locate your serial number, you will need it on Friday. You can find it in the confirmation email of your purchase, below the line that says "REGISTRATION INFORMATION". The serial number looks like this: OOTP17-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

If you cannot find the confirmation email, no problem. eSellerate has an after-purchase-support page, where you can find all your orders and receipts online. Please open the after-sales-support page here. Next to "Finding your order number", in the second section on that page, enter the email address that you used when you made the purchase.

2) We will send you an email to the email account you used for ordering once the game is ready to go on Friday (probably in the afternood ET). The email will include the link to the setup files (one each for PC, Mac or Linux). Sending all the emails does take us some time, so don't worry if others receive it half an hour earlier than you do! ... You should, to be sure, check your spam folders too when looking for the email. Also, if you unsubscribed our newsletter in the past couple of years, you will not receive an email because you are blocked from our list. If that is the case, please email gary.breckenridge@ootpdevelopments.com or andreas@ootpdevelopments.com on Friday with your order receipt, he will review it and reply with an email containing the links.

Cheers!
Markus
I never got the email.
It is not in my SPAM folder. I have the purchase email from MyCommerce/Esellerate.
What is my next step?????!!!!

Thanks.
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:45 AM   #85
DocHalladay
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
I never got the email.
It is not in my SPAM folder. I have the purchase email from MyCommerce/Esellerate.
What is my next step?????!!!!

Thanks.
I'm quite sure if you email one of the two email addresses below (From the Markus post you quoted), with your order receipt, they can assist you.

please email gary.breckenridge@ootpdevelopments.com or andreas@ootpdevelopments.com on Friday with your order receipt, he will review it and reply with an email containing the links.
DocHalladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #86
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHalladay View Post
I'm quite sure if you email one of the two email addresses below (From the Markus post you quoted), with your order receipt, they can assist you.

please email gary.breckenridge@ootpdevelopments.com or andreas@ootpdevelopments.com on Friday with your order receipt, he will review it and reply with an email containing the links.
I did that just now. I also read about a "Jeff" above. Who is that?
Old 03-19-2016, 08:53 AM   #87
DocHalladay
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I did that just now. I also read about a "Jeff" above. Who is that?
Jeff Riddolls, FHM producer
DocHalladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #88
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yep, best bet is to email one of those 3, depending on who's most likely to be awake and checking their email (Andreas is here in Germany, Gary and Jeff are in NA)
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #89
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yep, best bet is to email one of those 3, depending on who's most likely to be awake and checking their email (Andreas is here in Germany, Gary and Jeff are in NA)
Wouldn't it have been a good idea to also put a link here which wouldn't work unless you input a valid Order # ????

I wanted to 'play' with this Sat morn before heading out and now I have nothing. What was the point of ordering early (I guess I DID save $5, but I'd pay that $5 to have the game)?

I'm very bummed at this point.

Last edited by Leefoo; 03-19-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:47 AM   #90
Leefoo
Major Leagues

It's been well over an hour since I sent my email and it is 3:47 in Germany.

Are they gone for the weekend?
Old 03-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #91
jmuelly
Minors (Double A)

I'm still waiting. Slightly disappointed on the failure to get this issued. Waited yesterday not knowing there could be an issue if we were unsubscribe do from newsletters until I came to the boards this am.

I had 4 hours to burn this am and couldn't use any of it.
jmuelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #92
jmuelly
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Wouldn't it have been a good idea to also put a link here which wouldn't work unless you input a valid Order # ????

I wanted to 'play' with this Sat morn before heading out and now I have nothing. What was the point of ordering early (I guess I DID save $5, but I'd pay that $5 to have the game)?

I'm very bummed at this point.
I hear you, I submitted request 4 hours ago. I likely won't even get to play the title now until the actual release. Had I not come to the boards I'd never know that the possibility exists that unsubscribe do newsletter recipients may not get the link. Seems very amateurish IMO that a title can't be distributed as your saying or with a predetermined host site that was provided with receipt of purchase.
jmuelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:02 AM   #93
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuelly View Post
I hear you, I submitted request 4 hours ago. I likely won't even get to play the title now until the actual release. Had I not come to the boards I'd never know that the possibility exists that unsubscribe do newsletter recipients may not get the link. Seems very amateurish IMO that a title can't be distributed as your saying or with a predetermined host site that was provided with receipt of purchase.
Maybe next year they'll 'cover their butts' by posting a forum post here that can only be downloaded via a valid order number.

VERY unsatisfactory. I know they're a small company, but still....make good on your promises.

Also, it might be a good idea if they sent a validation email when you pre-ordered to acknowledge the purchase. I got one from MyCommerce, but nothing from the company.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #94
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
It's been well over an hour since I sent my email and it is 3:47 in Germany.

Are they gone for the weekend?
Just sleeping. (I'm on Pacific, not German, time.) You should have a response now, and now that I'm awake anyone who sends a request should be getting a reply within a few minutes. If it appears to be taking longer than that, send a PM to me here, there have been a few issues with inbound emails bouncing. We're going to have to do some investigating on Monday about what exactly is going on with the blocking in both directions.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #95
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
.....and the pitch is ripped....deep....deep.....GONE!......Homerun for the fans of OOTP
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:17 PM   #96
diamondparoxysm
Minors (Single A)

What's the point of the two servers? Sorry if it has an obvious answer.
diamondparoxysm is offline   Reply With Quote