Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 01:51 AM   #1
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

For the umpteenth time... any video of the new 3d animation???

Last year, when 16 came out, I passed because they mentioned that the 3d playout of the results would not be included until this year.

Now this year, since they opened pre-orders, I've asked on Facebook nearly every time about seeing video of the OOTP 17 3d animation and to date, every request has been ignored.

Are they ashamed of it? Does it not work? Since they are featuring it still, I assume it's great, but I'd like to see how it looks before committing.

Now I've got ONE DAY left to preorder. I've missed very few years of OOTP since the first version and the 3d is a big part for me as the text got a little old. I played the best graphic sim ever in FPS:Baseball years ago (not arcade mode) and loved calling the shots and watching the game play out. This getting added to OOTP is amazing and if it looks great, I'm in.

I hate to lose out on the preorder!!!

Can someone please show me where there might be some actual in-game video of this feature? Please?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2016, 02:16 AM   #2
Kent814
All Star Reserve

If the 3 D is the make or break for you then id suggest this isnt the game for you. Ootp isnt and never will be about the graphics but about whats under the hood so go play The Show if you want 3D
Old 03-08-2016, 02:25 AM   #3
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent814 View Post
If the 3 D is the make or break for you then id suggest this isnt the game for you. Ootp isnt and never will be about the graphics but about whats under the hood so go play The Show if you want 3D
Obviously that was NOT a helpful answer.

Hopefully someone helpful will come along.

If you'd read my post you'd see I'm a fan of OOTP and understand the strengths of it... the 3d is a HUGE bonus for those of us who play stats based (not arcade).

The Show is nowhere comparable to OOTP, so you go play that since you seem to know more about it.

The 3D is a feature being offered by OOTP, I would like to see it. Yes it's make or break, but they offered it.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:31 AM   #4
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

I think its a fair point considering the track record OOTP has had with graphics up to this juncture.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:35 AM   #5
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
I think its a fair point considering the track record OOTP has had with graphics up to this juncture.
Yep... I've been around like I said since the beginning (hence my join date on the left). I LOVE the power of OOTP with fictional leagues. However, I know for me watching games play out got dull due to all the reading. Sometimes I want to simu-watch my teams play out. The missing 3D playout of the game is the one feature this game has been lacking.

I was downcast last year when they said it wouldn't make it in until this year... now we're here and I'd love to see it. Nothing fancy, but what they promise sounds great, now let's see it!
Old 03-08-2016, 02:35 AM   #6
TheXumaker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The game comes out in 11 days, and I completely agree with Kent, the 3D is just an extra benefit, and from the Road to Release it looked pretty nice Imo
Old 03-08-2016, 02:38 AM   #7
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
the 3d is a HUGE bonus for those of us who play stats based (not arcade).
I know somebody around here who might respectfully disagree with that...
Old 03-08-2016, 02:41 AM   #8
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXumaker View Post
The game comes out in 11 days, and I completely agree with Kent, the 3D is just an extra benefit, and from the Road to Release it looked pretty nice Imo
Just an extra benefit that

1. They are advertisting
2. It's critical to me
3. OOTP is hiding it (or it appears to be since they won't respond with video)

Seriously, no one needs to reply anymore telling me why it shouldn't matter. I'm a grown adult and it's a feature that to me does matter. If they weren't offering it and I was just here advocating they add it, it's one thing. But this is not that case. It's a feature they decided to add, so let's see it.

They want me to back it and that missing feature is finally completing the game... let's see it.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:42 AM   #9
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

I definitely understand where the OP is coming from. It would be nice to see that feature before making a decision on whether or not to pre-order. Especially for those of us that have been foaming at the mouth for this feature for years.

That being said I'm sure we'll see video of the feature at some point. If you get as much enjoyment out of the game as I do, I'd just pre-order anyway. I'm thankful OOTPD offer a discount every year. The savings from that discount every year have probably bought me 2 copies by now.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:47 AM   #10
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
3D ain't no thang chicken wang

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Old 03-08-2016, 02:51 AM   #11
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenames View Post
I definitely understand where the OP is coming from. It would be nice to see that feature before making a decision on whether or not to pre-order. Especially for those of us that have been foaming at the mouth for this feature for years.

That being said I'm sure we'll see video of the feature at some point. If you get as much enjoyment out of the game as I do, I'd just pre-order anyway. I'm thankful OOTPD offer a discount every year. The savings from that discount every year have probably bought me 2 copies by now.
Again, I know I won't get around to playing it without this. Under the hood some great new features, but for my limited ability to play I may as well just play an older version.

If the deadline passes and they don't show it, then they only lose one sale I guess.

I'll wait then for reviews and video and then pick it up during the All Star sale or World Series sale if it looks good. Would love to join everyone later this month, but poor marketing and PR is gonna hinder that.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:46 AM   #12
kq76
Global Moderator

Do you really need a video? Have you seen the screenshot from the newsletter? Imagine the ball being hit and the fielding pawns running after it with the batting pawn running the bases. It's pretty cool, but it's really not much more than that.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:55 AM   #13
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Maybe instead of a video, Markus can post 20 screenshots in succession of a particular play. We can print them out at home and flip through the pages ourselves like one of those animation flipbooks to get a sense of how it looks.

Last edited by Roy Tucker; 03-08-2016 at 05:56 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:00 AM   #14
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

I am sorry for the sarcastic response, but the OP clearly stated seeing the video was important. And animation has been in the making for about three years. There should be no issue showing it before the preorder unless it isn't ready
Old 03-08-2016, 06:27 AM   #15
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
Are they ashamed of it? Does it not work?
No, the reason why we don't have a video of 3D is that we're still working on the ballparks, and making a video takes time and before we could make it public it would have to be approved by both MLB & MLBPA, which takes more time. Don't expect anything prior to release.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-08-2016 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:13 AM   #16
GoBucsGo
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Kudos on the answer, Markus. I LOVE that this dev team is always upfront and forthcoming with it's customers. You guys probably have the greatest sports simulation game on the market and you're still here answering our questions and interacting.

Just wanted to say it's very much appreciated by you guys.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #17
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No, the reason why we don't have a video of 3D is that we're still working on the ballparks, and making a video takes time and before we could make it public it would have to be approved by both MLB & MLBPA, which takes more time. Don't expect anything prior to release.
OK... thanks for finally answering (not you Markus, but someone from OOTP in general). Don't 100% get the answer as it could be done with a fake ballpark and video production these days is very minimal, but you know your priorities far better than anyone else of course.

Will skip the prelease fun and check it out afterwards and pick it up in the next big sale... of if it's really good, may just shell out the extra $5 after release anyway.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #18
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucsGo View Post
I LOVE that this dev team is always upfront and forthcoming with it's customers. .
No doubt there. Now if only the marketing team had done its job instead of dodging the question on Facebook for weeks.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #19
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Makes perfect sense. Having those licenses is a big deal but it is not without a downside.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:29 PM   #20
jerryb1961
Minors (Single A)

Smile

I must admit, this is the new feature I'm looking forward to the most. I really really wish OOTP could get ahold of the code for Front Page Sports: Baseball 98's animations
Closed Thread