Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #21
CTSoxFan
Major Leagues

This is so exciting, not having full minor leagues always turned me away from modern historical replays. I can't wait to try this.

CTSoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #22
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

if i start the historicals in 1901, and have a AAA level, will the game automatically add it's own minor league levels and players in 1919 to my structure, or would I need to use the games players and levels only?

And is the OOTP 17 minors a full set in minors leagues (AAA to A) or only one or two levels? i am assuming if it's only one or two levels, i can add more?

All this probably will be more than obvious when the game comes out, but just curious now. i didn't think 16 could be beat, but this is certainly looking like it's going to be absolutely great!!!!
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 02-19-2016 at 12:07 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:11 PM   #23
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
if i start the historicals in 1901, and have a AAA level, will the game automatically add it's own minor league levels and players to my structure, or would I need to use the games players and levels only?
As of 1901 you'd have to add minors manually, the in-game historical minors don't kick in till 1920.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
And is the OOTP 17 minors a full set in minors leagues (AAA to A) or only one or two levels? i am assuming if it's only one or two levels, i can add more?
Full set, but how full depends on the year. In 1920 you only have one affiliated league. In 1995 f.e., you have all the leagues that you'd get in the MLB quickstart. And yeah, you can always add more if you want.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:19 PM   #24
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

thanks..... you guys are great in getting info out and quickly! guess i'm heading off to get my credit card and pre-order. March iis SOOOOO far away now.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #25
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If I add two expansion teams(both from Texas) for the early 1970s Dixie Association ,will one of the new teams go to the Southern League the next season to keep an even amount of teams in the Southern and Texas Leagues?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
If I add two expansion teams(both from Texas) for the early 1970s Dixie Association ,will one of the new teams go to the Southern League the next season to keep an even amount of teams in the Southern and Texas Leagues?
Not automatically.

You'd have to deal with moving any teams you add manually. The game will only take care of teams already in the db.

Of course you could edit the db and add in your own teams and then the game would treat them the same as any other historical team and auto move them according to your specifications, but that's be a lot of work and would risk introducing crashes, so it's probably not worth it.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:31 PM   #27
bleachercreature
Major Leagues

...and I was going to save money by not purchasing this year. I may have just been bumped from sidelines to pre-order.

put me in coach...
bleachercreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #28
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

will the historical minor league show up in games that I am already playing or do I have to start the dynasty over in order to get the minors to show up?

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:35 PM   #29
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
will the historical minor league show up in games that I am already playing or do I have to start the dynasty over in order to get the minors to show up?
You'll have to start a new game.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #30
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

My reaction on reading this was to shout "Holy ****ing **** crackers."

Just so I'm not overreacting here.

1) Does this mean that if I start, say, a Pittsburgh Pirates franchise in 1985, and I will have a 20 year old Barry Bonds on the roster of my Class A Prince William affiliate, with appropriate potential ratings befitting a 1984 first-round pick, and that the game will sim out his career? That he might flame out/suffer a career-ending injury/ etc. etc.

2) What about "never-weres?" If start a 1992 Yankees franchise, is there a possible future in which Brien Taylor becomes a superstar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You'll have to manually do it for fictional leagues I'm afraid.
3) So what about real leagues? If I take over the Mariners in 2009, can I draft Mike Trout out of high school?
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post

1) Does this mean that if I start, say, a Pittsburgh Pirates franchise in 1985, and I will have a 20 year old Barry Bonds on the roster of my Class A Prince William affiliate, with appropriate potential ratings befitting a 1984 first-round pick, and that the game will sim out his career? That he might flame out/suffer a career-ending injury/ etc. etc.
Yes! Guys may not be 100% on their absolute correct MiLB team, but it's pretty darn close. They won't be too far off at any rate, maybe a level high or low at worst.

Quote:
2) What about "never-weres?" If start a 1992 Yankees franchise, is there a possible future in which Brien Taylor becomes a superstar?
Yes again. Of course for both this and your above request to work out right, you'll have to select the setting not to use recalc, but let the OOTP engine take over, but all that is completely customizable.

Quote:
3) So what about real leagues? If I take over the Mariners in 2009, can I draft Mike Trout out of high school?
Yep!
Old 02-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #32
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

So for historical mode, players will now be entered into our league's draft at the age they first appeared in the minor leagues, rather than the age they were when they played their first MLB game?
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #33
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I just want to clarify Markus' post a bit here in the interests of accuracy. You'll notice he said all affiliated leagues. That doesn't include the PCL as of 1920, as it was still an indy league then.

Indy, Negro and International leagues aren't currently included in the default setup. Maybe that's a feature for the future, let's hope so! I know we have a lot of the data collected.
Not sure how you program the racist unwritten rules if the negro leagues were put in.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #34
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yes! Guys may not be 100% on their absolute correct MiLB team, but it's pretty darn close. They won't be too far off at any rate, maybe a level high or low at worst.

Yes again. Of course for both this and your above request to work out right, you'll have to select the setting not to use recalc, but let the OOTP engine take over, but all that is completely customizable.

Yep!
This will be the GREATEST THING OF ALLLLL TIME.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #35
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
So for historical mode, players will now be entered into our league's draft at the age they first appeared in the minor leagues, rather than the age they were when they played their first MLB game?
Yes.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #36
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yes.
This will solve all my issues with doing non-recalc historic simulations. Players that didn't play well until 27, 28, 29 year olds will actually have more correct player development now. Whoopee.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #37
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes.
Oh snap.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #38
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:

Brien Taylor....No matter how many years go by, that name still fills me with a sense of dreadful longing for what could have been.

From K's to crack. Sad stuff.

Ex-New York Yankees prospect Brien Taylor sentenced to prison

Last edited by Caporegime; 02-19-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #39
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
Not sure how you program the racist unwritten rules if the negro leagues were put in.
It'd be doable, if tricky. Mostly we'd have to create a second American nationality for African American players and do a couple other things as well.

Not sure if it'll ever happen or not, though I'd bet it will at some point. Gotta save something good for future releases, right?
Old 02-19-2016, 01:08 PM   #40
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just want to clarify Markus' post a bit here in the interests of accuracy. You'll notice he said all affiliated leagues. That doesn't include the PCL as of 1920, as it was still an indy league then.

Indy, Negro and International leagues aren't currently included in the default setup. Maybe that's a feature for the future, let's hope so! I know we have a lot of the data collected.
I can't begin to tell you how cool it would be to have the old PCL in there. Many of the legendary minor leaguers were PCL players. Players would go back and forth between the PCL and the majors. Joe Dimaggio had a 61 game hitting streak in the PCL. When does the PCL coverage start?
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote