Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #141
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
If i run this it isn't going to affect a game i have loaded at the time is it? i am expecting the answer to be no but i didnt see where to set up how many teams i have.
Open the settings.ini file and change the league structure and game counts as desired. It generates schedule files, which you'll have to load in-game during the off-season.
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #142
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

How do I get the program to generate an output .lsdl file?
Old 08-02-2017, 01:56 AM   #143
TheGobOne
Minors (Double A)

Once it runs you will see options at the bottom, one of them is write. You guys need to learn how to read a README file.
TheGobOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:26 PM   #144
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

To expand on that a bit, here's the quick usage guide.
  1. Open the 'run.bat' file (or 'run.sh' for Mac/Linux).
  2. The schedule generator will print some information about settings set to defaults and ask if you want to proceed. If your settings.ini file is missing critical settings, the scheduler will tell you so and prompt you to quit by pressing enter.
  3. If your settings.ini passes muster, the scheduler will prompt you to proceed by entering 'y'.
  4. The scheduler will print the generated opponent pools, series counts, and other debugging information, and then will adjust home-away balance and schedule game times on each day.
  5. The scheduler will prompt you to enter a command. 'help' describes what each command does. 'write' will output the schedule to a file in the same directory as the schedule generator.

If you run the schedule generator from a command line, you can pass in a filename to use a settings file other than settings.ini. You can also edit run.bat/run.sh, replacing settings.ini therein with the filename you want to use.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #145
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGobOne View Post
Once it runs you will see options at the bottom, one of them is write. You guys need to learn how to read a README file.
Your response is simultaneously condescending, unhelpful, and - worse - inaccurate, for the simple reason that when I run the program, I don't get the options you mention.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #146
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
To expand on that a bit, here's the quick usage guide.
  1. Open the 'run.bat' file (or 'run.sh' for Mac/Linux).
  2. The schedule generator will print some information about settings set to defaults and ask if you want to proceed. If your settings.ini file is missing critical settings, the scheduler will tell you so and prompt you to quit by pressing enter.
  3. If your settings.ini passes muster, the scheduler will prompt you to proceed by entering 'y'.
  4. The scheduler will print the generated opponent pools, series counts, and other debugging information, and then will adjust home-away balance and schedule game times on each day.
  5. The scheduler will prompt you to enter a command. 'help' describes what each command does. 'write' will output the schedule to a file in the same directory as the schedule generator.

If you run the schedule generator from a command line, you can pass in a filename to use a settings file other than settings.ini. You can also edit run.bat/run.sh, replacing settings.ini therein with the filename you want to use.
Thank you for writing that out. I guess I should have specified - when I run the .BAT file, I get a black window pop up on the screen for a second, and then it's gone. No options, no output, nothing. I have edited no files, so everything is configured exactly the way you have it set on the download.

EDIT: I have also checked, and my version of Java is both current & correctly installed.

But thanks to your response, I at least know now that the problem is probably something with my computer rather than your program or my usage of it. I remember being able to use an older version of the program just fine on my previous computer.

Last edited by lightgrenade07; 08-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.
lightgrenade07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #147
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Have you made any changes to the settings.ini file? If so, try with the one from the zip file.

If not, are you able to use the command prompt to navigate to the folder where the scheduler is located, and run run.bat from there? That way, the command prompt won't close, and we can see the error message. I thought I had caught all the places where the scheduler might crash before showing an input prompt, but it's possible I missed one.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #148
lbj273
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm struggling to get this to work correctly. I thought I had the schedule with the same structure my league is using but I get an error that it is not.

Anyways if anyone could help generate a schedule for a 20 team league, 1 subleague, 1 division. Balanced schedule of 114 games, 3 home and 3 away vs each team.

I'd also like the schedule to start on Monday with Thursdays as a day off for each team.
lbj273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #149
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273 View Post
I'm struggling to get this to work correctly. I thought I had the schedule with the same structure my league is using but I get an error that it is not.

Anyways if anyone could help generate a schedule for a 20 team league, 1 subleague, 1 division. Balanced schedule of 114 games, 3 home and 3 away vs each team.

I'd also like the schedule to start on Monday with Thursdays as a day off for each team.
Here's a schedule with those settings and the settings file I used to generate it.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGY_G114_SL1D1T20_C_autogen20170804160211.lsdl (64.2 KB, 122 views)
File Type: txt settings-lbj273.ini.txt (3.2 KB, 131 views)
Old 08-04-2017, 05:11 PM   #150
lbj273
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
Here's a schedule with those settings and the settings file I used to generate it.
Thanks for the quick response, but I'm still getting the error in OOTP

And here's a screen of the league structure page:

Any clue what the issue might be?
Old 08-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #151
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Any clue what the issue might be?
That's a headscratcher for me, I'm afraid. One of the more experienced schedule-makers here might be able to tell you what's wrong, though.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:47 PM   #152
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

That error message is indicating the league structure specified in the header of the schedule file is different from the league structure itself. Ensure that your league's size and alignment exactly matches that which the schedule file expects.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:49 PM   #153
lbj273
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
That error message is indicating the league structure specified in the header of the schedule file is different from the league structure itself. Ensure that your league's size and alignment exactly matches that which the schedule file expects.
I actually just figured it out by writing the existing schedule to file and comparing it to the one the generator created. As you said the headers did not match, OOTP was looking for simply "T20" rather than "SL1D1T20"
Old 08-05-2017, 12:30 AM   #154
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I actually just figured it out by writing the existing schedule to file and comparing it to the one the generator created. As you said the headers did not match, OOTP was looking for simply "T20" rather than "SL1D1T20"
Aha, a bug on my end. Does anyone know offhand if the same pattern holds true for, say, subleagues with one division each? Should those files then be SL1T10SL2T10, say?
Old 08-05-2017, 05:40 AM   #155
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Looking at the 1962 schedule file included with the game, it should be SL1D1T10SL2D1T10.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:32 AM   #156
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes. When importing a schedule file, OOTP is VERY picky. One little mismatch, and it will refuse to import the file.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:51 PM   #157
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Looking at some examples, it appears that there's a special case in the league structure for simple one-division leagues. I'll update the schedule generator to correctly output a bare T<number> soon. (For my sanity, the schedule generator's settings.ini files will probably still require SL1D1T<number>.)
Old 08-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #158
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

New version in the first post outputs correctly-formatted schedule files for leagues with only one division.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #159
Mat
All Star Reserve

link in op is only taking me gz file?
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #160
Mat
All Star Reserve

Something is not right with the download link?

I extract the gz file but not the usual package inside...

Last edited by Mat; 08-12-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote