Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 01-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
kingtut313
Minors (Double A)

Team wants

is there a way to let other teams know what i am looking for in trades?

for example, i am in need of a lefty in the bullpen and a veteran starter. since it is july, i have been trying to shop some players around to see what i can get in return, but all the offers are for players that play positions i have no interest in.
kingtut313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtut313 View Post

for example, i am in need of a lefty in the bullpen and a veteran starter. since it is july, i have been trying to shop some players around to see what i can get in return, but all the offers are for players that play positions i have no interest in.
not really. i have been able for players to fake a need by changing the position of players (ie. making all my OF as CF even if i was not playing them there i started getting offers for LF and RF)..

the trick is to create a "need" in the trading screen, AI will react to that. maybe if you say all your starters are relievers you would get offer for starters...
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtut313 View Post

Le R strategy is probably best. i tend to find a team in last place that hs a plyer who is doing well then see what they want for that player. My CL Trapp is doing terrible so I wanted a CL. The Nationals are in last place. There CL Allison has a 2.15 ERA no BS I asked to see what they wanted and all they wanted was a 2.5 star 28 yr old AAA SP with 9 GS in the majors who would not have played for my team anytime soon. I thought is was a steal.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Le R strategy is probably best. i tend to find a team in last place that hs a plyer who is doing well then see what they want for that player. My CL Trapp is doing terrible so I wanted a CL. The Nationals are in last place. There CL Allison has a 2.15 ERA no BS I asked to see what they wanted and all they wanted was a 2.5 star 28 yr old AAA SP with 9 GS in the majors who would not have played for my team anytime soon. I thought is was a steal.

agreed. also, look at upcoming free agents filter to get targets, and then go talk to rebuilding team... this is how I go to get an extra bat, or an injury replacement.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
kingtut313
Minors (Double A)

good ideas guys

i ended up just pounding the pavement and looking at tons of player reports to find a few suitable targets

it would be nice when you are shopping a player to list your wants or even add it in the settings for your team somewhere
Old 01-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #6
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Your last stratagem is often my own, and in your case what I'd likely do is take on the initiative looking for that veteran SP, narrowing your filters/views down to the criteria you deem most important in that candidate. My guess is twofold: you'll find a narrow set of teams who have exactly the kind of SP you're looking for, and it shouldn't be too difficult a task to hit the trading table and find an adequate to worthy MR to pair in the trade. Depending on your difficulty setting, it might take a little cash to seal to deal. I'd think, worse comes to worse, even two separate endeavors, SP with one, MR with the other may end up being the course. Either way, it's a time investment, but pretty sure you'll get what you're looking for; not without some sacrifice, too.

Yes, it'd be great to add a feature that let us shop the package, but I think the number of permutations and need-based logic that would go into that might have us watching the progress line for a great deal of time. Not that I, personally, would object, but the game seems to have its fair share of I-want-it-and-I-want-it-now users that need to be satisfied as well. Best of luck to you and your negotiating efforts.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
kingtut313
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Yes, it'd be great to add a feature that let us shop the package, but I think the number of permutations and need-based logic that would go into that might have us watching the progress line for a great deal of time. Not that I, personally, would object, but the game seems to have its fair share of I-want-it-and-I-want-it-now users that need to be satisfied as well. Best of luck to you and your negotiating efforts.
based on my very brief time playing and researching, the game already makes a prejudgment on what your team needs based on your roster and the computer GMs will offer players accordingly. i think being able to override, or even just add to what the game deems your needs are, would be useful.