Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #21
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
This kind of reply is absolutely unnecessary. If you don't like the OP, that's your prerogative, but there's no need to made ignorant comments like those.
You are right, I should not have stooped to his level. I just need to deal with his constant trolling and bashing OOTP. So I guess I just should put him on ignore like I have his other 3 aliases. It pisses me off and I apoligize for venting that in my earlier reply. I just have to remember 'ya cannot fix stupid' and 'there is no vaccine for dumba$$'
Old 01-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #22
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

?

Last edited by rmilin11; 01-12-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #23
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, at least three things off the top of my head: may want to use the enter key and break up your thoughts; nice vent; before your 5-hour energy drink inspired rant, did you happen to notice the three or four posts (at least) offering screenshots and a few questions trying to provide answers and trying to assist you?

Lastly, the manual can be improved. No one's going to argue that with you. In fact, there's a thread right now working on just that concept. It has come a long, long way from where it first started. So for now, can we just focus on identifying a problem and then try to find solutions?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #24
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

all I can say is my 13 yr old loves baseball and I bought another copy of OOTP 14 and he has been playing it on his own both solo and online for over 6 months
Old 01-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #25
Ike348
All Star Starter

You already know how to resume a saved game, you said you were able to go the manager's screen, which is, technically, resuming a saved game.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #26
smithtm
Minors (Double A)

rmilin11, I started a game, then clicked the save and leave button as shown below:

After that, I exited out of OOTP, then went back in and continued my game as seen below:

And when my game loaded, I saw in the upper right corner the game I had been playing. Moving my cursor over this, the pointer changed into a finger pointing and when I clicked on my game, it continues.

Hope this helps.

Todd
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #27
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilin11 View Post
!
you are blaming others for you being unclear. "game in progress" is not a clear statement when you have a game that has a game inside a game.

you could have said something like: "i am in the 5th inning of a game and want to save it and come back to it later & can't figure out how and it has left me a bit frustrated"

see that is a clear statement.

you are the cause of your own frustrations at this point.

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-12-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #28
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithtm View Post
rmilin11, I started a game, then clicked the save and leave button as shown below:

After that, I exited out of OOTP, then went back in and continued my game as seen below:

And when my game loaded, I saw in the upper right corner the game I had been playing. Moving my cursor over this, the pointer changed into a finger pointing and when I clicked on my game, it continues.

Hope this helps.

Todd
Here's hoping you write a dynasty about your Michigan League. Would love read about it and see all the Uniforms and such. Wouldn't want to be there right now, but I sure do miss Traverse City.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #29
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You people insist that I am a troll but I am telling you I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW TO RESUME A GAME IN PROGRESS!!! I never posted on this site maybe I did 10 years ago when I bought this game when it first game out. From what I remember back then the instructions were lousy then also and I had problems setting up the historic seasons because the instructions assumed that you knew about compuers which I had no knowledge of back in 2003. I also see that the historic seasons are much easier to load because back then you had tro load the seasons from your computer going in to my computer and clicking on saved folders. This was never mentioned in the early game either it was assumed that you knew what to do and was never mentioned in the instructions. Now when I tried to get back to my game in progress there is no mention in the manual on how to do that either. Once again this game creator is assuming that once you load the saved game you will know how to get back to the playing field without this being mentioned in the instructions. That is why all you can do is insult me and not point out where in the manual on how to do this because you cant because it doesnt say how. If you people insist that it tells you how to resume a game in progress in the manual then why dont you post a copy of where it says it??? You then get insulted because I am putting the game down I am not putting the game down I am putting down the instructions and how they were written. If the instructions were written properly I wouldnt need to come on here with hat in hand and hope that there is one person that can tell me how in detailed steps on how to resume a game in progress.
I have enough BS to deal with in my life I did not buy this game to cause me more grief. The person who wrote out the instructions made no effort in writing the instructions for someone who does not know how to play this game. That is the problem with most people who write out instructions they write the instructions for themselves and for people who already know what they are doing.
Since the people on here dont seem to understand let me give you a analogy on the right way to write instructions and the wrong way. Lets say you are giving driving instructions and you say go to the second traffic light and make a left turn. Now those are great instructions but only if the person knows what a traffic light is and only if the person knows how to turn a car using the steering wheel. The better instructions would be go to the second traffic light this is a light that hangs in the middle of the intersection and changes from red to yellow and green. Now the person knows what you mean by traffic light. Then you say make a left turn by taking your car steering wheel and repeatedly turning the wheel to the left this will make your wheels turn left and the car will then turn to the left. Now you see the right and wrong way to write instructions. This manual only tells you how to load the saved game but tells you nothing on how to get back to the game screen!!! Then when I come on here to ask a question instead of helping me you call me a troll and insult my intelligence. OK why dont you people tell me how old I am since your so smart? Without any other information all you can do is guess. I did not buy this game to guess I bought it to relax and have some fun playing it and so far it has caused the exact opposite!!!
Holy Smokes.

endgame offered his three things off the top of his head and so will I, now.
  1. MarkInCincy gives a clue which I have suspected previously in other similar situations here: "Quit trolling these boards (last known count this is your 4th different account you have used in the last 6 months)." I don't know how Mark can tell this but it fits one profile that I have in mind.
  2. That being the case, OP has joined my list of members to be ignored. Which is his loss because, should he be legitimate and calm down enough to ask another question without going off into a wild, incongruous rant, I will not see it and be able to help him.
  3. I am going to be more discriminating with the people that I help in this forum. As I said before, I will be happy to "be helpful when I can to the 99% of newbies who come here to ask legitimate questions, have proper manners when they do so, have patience of more than 45 minutes waiting for an answer, and are thankful for getting it."

- Bru

Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #30
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I am going to be more discriminating with the people that I help in this forum. As I said before, I will be happy to "be helpful when I can to the 99% of newbies who come here to ask legitimate questions, have proper manners when they do so, have patience of more than 45 minutes waiting for an answer, and are thankful for getting it."

^This

That 1% should just get no responses.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #31
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just got this game yesterday and I am about to throw my computer out of my window. This game is so confusing with vague instructions and no customer support so that is why I am here now.

Here is one question I would like to know how do you save a game in progress and then load it so you could continue playing?

I have repeatedly tried to do this but to no avail in fact the closest I got was having my game simulated and ruined.

This is suppose to be fun not frustrating!!!
There is a Save & leave option on the bottom right. When you come back to hit Play - Enter game vs. Hopefully this is what you meant. Not the save game when you exit out of 14.
When you finish this game go back to the Play menu and hit Finish Simulation. Unless i am wrong you will next let you advance to the next day otherwise. (someone might lcue me in on that part myself) From there you can go to the Play menu and go onto the next game.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 01-12-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #32
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

oooooooo

Pretty

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #33
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
This game is so confusing with vague instructions and no customer support....
Gee willikers. You need to take a deep breath and slowly exhale. No customer support you say? I for one didn't know you even needed any of us over in tech support to help you. This great community has many very knowledgeable members that can offer some very good help. A lot of times, I will sit back and wait a little while and see if the OP receives any responses before I chime in. Sometimes, their help can actually be better than what I can offer. However, going on an 5-Hour Energy drink induced rant will not net you any helpful responses. Just please chill and be as specific as possible in you post as to what you need help with.

Lastly, I do search all of the OOTP forums multiple times every day (even to weekends and holidays) to see if anyone needs our help. And at that, I'm not the only one who does this.

Cheers,
Bowtie

Old 01-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #34
Kevdog1020
Major Leagues

Quote:
You people insist that I am a troll but I am telling you I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW TO RESUME A GAME IN PROGRESS!!! I never posted on this site maybe I did 10 years ago when I bought this game when it first game out. From what I remember back then the instructions were lousy then also and I had problems setting up the historic seasons because the instructions assumed that you knew about compuers which I had no knowledge of back in 2003. I also see that the historic seasons are much easier to load because back then you had tro load the seasons from your computer going in to my computer and clicking on saved folders. This was never mentioned in the early game either it was assumed that you knew what to do and was never mentioned in the instructions. Now when I tried to get back to my game in progress there is no mention in the manual on how to do that either. Once again this game creator is assuming that once you load the saved game you will know how to get back to the playing field without this being mentioned in the instructions. That is why all you can do is insult me and not point out where in the manual on how to do this because you cant because it doesnt say how. If you people insist that it tells you how to resume a game in progress in the manual then why dont you post a copy of where it says it??? You then get insulted because I am putting the game down I am not putting the game down I am putting down the instructions and how they were written. If the instructions were written properly I wouldnt need to come on here with hat in hand and hope that there is one person that can tell me how in detailed steps on how to resume a game in progress.
I have enough BS to deal with in my life I did not buy this game to cause me more grief. The person who wrote out the instructions made no effort in writing the instructions for someone who does not know how to play this game. That is the problem with most people who write out instructions they write the instructions for themselves and for people who already know what they are doing.
Since the people on here dont seem to understand let me give you a analogy on the right way to write instructions and the wrong way. Lets say you are giving driving instructions and you say go to the second traffic light and make a left turn. Now those are great instructions but only if the person knows what a traffic light is and only if the person knows how to turn a car using the steering wheel. The better instructions would be go to the second traffic light this is a light that hangs in the middle of the intersection and changes from red to yellow and green. Now the person knows what you mean by traffic light. Then you say make a left turn by taking your car steering wheel and repeatedly turning the wheel to the left this will make your wheels turn left and the car will then turn to the left. Now you see the right and wrong way to write instructions. This manual only tells you how to load the saved game but tells you nothing on how to get back to the game screen!!! Then when I come on here to ask a question instead of helping me you call me a troll and insult my intelligence. OK why dont you people tell me how old I am since your so smart? Without any other information all you can do is guess. I did not buy this game to guess I bought it to relax and have some fun playing it and so far it has caused the exact opposite!!!
If you don't know what a traffic light is, whoever administered your road test failed at their job.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #35
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

OP's question has been answered, and it hasn't done any good.

Can this thread be closed yet?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #36
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I tried to get this thread removed but it looks like my torture will not stop.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #37
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not only is this game confusing but there is no instructions no support and no help here either.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #38
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I bought this game with the intentions of playing a baseball game I didnt realize that the game is also trying to figure out how to play it.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #39
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The more I try to figure this game out the more questions it gives me its like sinking in quick sand...
Old 01-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #40
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here is what I learned about this game. The more you play the more questions you will have. There is no help from anyone if you ask a question so you must figure it out on your own. Do not try to start anything until you are 100% sure on what you are doing because your game will eventually will be ruined. Except the fact that you will always be confused and except the fact you will never be sure of anything about this game. Except the fact that you never should expect something you expect it to be in this game because you almost will most likely be wrong. Never come on these boards looking for help because you will be insulted humiliated and made fun of and your question will never be answered. Otherwise its a great game and a good deal for $20...
Closed Thread