Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Harry Chiti
Minors (Single A)

problems with 1966 historical league

hi

simmed thru 1966 (a month at a time)to get to expansion draft in 1967 (as unattached GM, and commish mode enabled)

game crashed after conclusion of 1966 (June or July 1st - not sure)

other problems

shutouts did not get registered to individual players during 1966 season - leader board had everyone at zero, as did their individual player pages
Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Harry Chiti
Minors (Single A)

problems with 1966 historical league

hi - confirmed, crashed again on July 1 1967

other issue

on player profile pages, (first page) historical stats not correct, quite often the stats shown will list 4 years...but have the last year as 1961-62 or 62-63...but if you go to the career stats page, all the stats will be present uo to and including the current season (1966-67)

other

Maple Leafs made about 30 trades with Montreal during 1966 test season - will there be a 'rival' setting, so you can get those two teams to not trade with eachother?
Old 03-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
shatner's bassoon
Bat Boy

I've started a historical game in 1966 as well, although I'm playing through the season with the Bruins (who aren't very good...). I'm only up to Xmas, so can't comment on the expansion crash, but:

. It's not so much the amount of deals between rivals (I mean, there's six teams in the league... you got to make deals with somebody!), but the fact that teams will make two or three separate deals with each other over a few days. For instance, Montreal sent Claude Provost to Chicago for picks, and then the next day swapped Jacques Lemaire for Brian Morenz - seems more logical that teams would combine the deals. (Also, neither of those Habs deals look very Sam Pollack, if you know what I mean...)

. Waivers are a bit of an issue - I waived Jack Evans, and he wound up somehow getting traded from New York to Montreal for a prospect, instead of just getting claimed by Montreal. (It may be that NY claimed him and then moved him the same day; there was no notification of who actually claimed him.)

Nothing else really comes up that's 1966 specific, really (and even those two things probably apply outside 1966), and so far it's been an enjoyable game (even though Boston are pretty poor - 18 year old Bobby Orr hasn't exactly dominated the league straightaway!)
Old 03-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chiti View Post
hi

simmed thru 1966 (a month at a time)to get to expansion draft in 1967 (as unattached GM, and commish mode enabled)

game crashed after conclusion of 1966 (June or July 1st - not sure)

other problems

shutouts did not get registered to individual players during 1966 season - leader board had everyone at zero, as did their individual player pages
I had the same circumstance but started in 1947 and can not get past July 1st 1948.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:22 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

If you're getting stuck on July 1, try saving just before then and advancing one day at a time. That'll get you through a lot of the time. Definitely a high priority for fixing in the first update, although the build I'm looking at now still seems to be getting crashes then.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:29 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner's bassoon View Post
. It's not so much the amount of deals between rivals (I mean, there's six teams in the league... you got to make deals with somebody!), but the fact that teams will make two or three separate deals with each other over a few days. For instance, Montreal sent Claude Provost to Chicago for picks, and then the next day swapped Jacques Lemaire for Brian Morenz - seems more logical that teams would combine the deals. (Also, neither of those Habs deals look very Sam Pollack, if you know what I mean...)
Yeah, there's no real penalty for making multiple deals like that right now. I think we need to add some kind of team cohesion system, and make sure the AI takes it into account when considering trades.

Quote:
Waivers are a bit of an issue - I waived Jack Evans, and he wound up somehow getting traded from New York to Montreal for a prospect, instead of just getting claimed by Montreal. (It may be that NY claimed him and then moved him the same day; there was no notification of who actually claimed him.)
Should've been some record of a claim, we'll have to keep an eye out for further reports like that. I'm thinking of removing waivers entirely from the earlier years; right now they're in there as a proxy for the older anti-stockpiling methods (e.g. the intraleague draft), but the way they're implemented is very specific to the post-cap era and that may be causing problems.