Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Stuff I've noticed

Ok so after simming a season, here are a few notes and random thoughts.

The standings looked good actually, Top east teams were, NYR, Boston and Washington, it basically was something I would have predicted in the off season from 1 to 15 with the Islanders being dead last.

In the west The Wings and Canucks finished 9th and 12th while the Oilers, Jackets and Flames were dead last again very realistic.

The scoring leaders (fully aware that scoring isn't there yet) were
Giroux 26-53-79
Neal 41-37-78
St Louis 28-48-76
Crosby 27-48-75 (too low in 81 matches)
Getzlaf 25-46-71
Perry 41-30-71
Tavares 30-41-71
Malkin 32-38-70
Wheeler 22-47-69

Again most players here at top 10-15 players, the cons which I've noticed in scoring is that natural scorers tend to barely have any assists

Kessel had 50 goals and 18 assists
Stamkos was 46-19
Carter 41-22
Neal 41-37
Gaborik 39-34
Kovi 39-20

Only 9 players were 30-30 and more (20 in the actual NHL last year).

Also wondering if there is a place to locate draft ranked players in a game tab, I wasn't able to find it if there is, hopefully by release we get a tab regarding the draft, the EHM model was fun where they would have rankings 3 times a year. Also an OOTP model with top players and prospects lists would be amazing, for some reason I kept thinking it was there when browsing through the league and team menu over and over again.

Haven't messed too much with trades, tried going for HAglin by offering Rene Bourque, a first and second and I got a hell no, maybe by release having AI trade input or counter offers would be something I would love.

Overall after one season, I'm optimistic and excited...Now it's time to check out draft generated players and player progression.

Also once the off season hit I noticed players in the trading block that should not ever be there, Quick, Lucic, Alzner and Edler, and as you guys know trading for them is easy, got Lucic for 2 2 and a half/3 star prospects and a second rounder.

Last edited by Methodz; 03-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Just reached 2014 draft and it was empty for me, no players to draft at all. Either my savegame is glitchy, or it's hasn't been implemented yet.

Also I haven't seen any serious progress on the player I drafted, then again it's been one year (I drafted Darnell Nurse)

Anyway, i'm done with the beta until drafting is fixed.

Last edited by PromisedPain; 03-05-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

Very minor stuff, but it seems as if no matter how great a goaltender plays, he won't be named amongst the game's three stars.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Saapas
Bat Boy

The AI coach will sometimes change the playing goalie (I had Niemi set as starter and yet Greiss was playing) even though I haven't given him the authority to do it.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
s_mkheidze
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saapas View Post
The AI coach will sometimes change the playing goalie (I had Niemi set as starter and yet Greiss was playing) even though I haven't given him the authority to do it.
I had the same issue...sorta. My lines kept getting switched back to what they had as default. Might be something that needs to be fixed at some point. Other than that, still learning to navigate the game. So used to EHM that it is a little hard to figure this one out.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mkheidze View Post
Other than that, still learning to navigate the game. So used to EHM that it is a little hard to figure this one out.
I suggest keeping notes on your experiences in navigating the interface, and then posting them up in a thread. The fact that it is entirely new to you will be invaluable reference material for the developers in terms of the game's ease-of-use and intuitiveness of the interface.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPain View Post
Just reached 2014 draft and it was empty for me, no players to draft at all. Either my savegame is glitchy, or it's hasn't been implemented yet.

Also I haven't seen any serious progress on the player I drafted, then again it's been one year (I drafted Darnell Nurse)

Anyway, i'm done with the beta until drafting is fixed.
They had mentioned that there was an entry draft bug where it would just disappeared and not come back. Should be fixed within the next beta version I'd think.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodz View Post
They had mentioned that there was an entry draft bug where it would just disappeared and not come back. Should be fixed within the next beta version I'd think.
Alright, fair enough. I'll just wait till the next version....