Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 06-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #21
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
I forgot about this website

Baseball Movies List
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #22
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the link... I have been working off of this website.

I have been running into a little bit of trouble filling out enough players in the free agent pool. I have sent away for a few netflix movies and should be getting them this week so I will not be able to finalize my project until i watch a few more movies and add the players.

Im currently at 221 Created Players and would like to have at least 336 to 350 (24 or 25 Man Rosters). I also have 40 Team Personnel types created (GM, Manager, Coaches, etc)

I could use suggestions for the award names

This is what I was thinking
Pitcher Award Name: King of the Hill
Hitter Award Name: Hollywood Hitman Award
Rookie Award Name: Rookie of the Year
Defense Award Name: Golden Gloves

Hollywood Baseball Championship (Best of 9 Series)
longshotsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #23
Chicagofan76
Banned

Award names from my viewpoint seem cool....Any other Fg's u might want? And did ya like the Ed Sullivan i did? i couldnt do him from the movie and the Matt LeBlanc i used was from Friends.
I am gonna do Sugar Santos, and then figure out who else I am missing from various movies of players that also appear in my league.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #24
Chicagofan76
Banned

Comrades of Summer
Sparky Smith is a baseball coach with a future in the game - behind him. Now Sparky'll work for anyone who'll hire him - and that just happens to be a Russian baseball team who barely know their way around a diamond! (1992)
Stars: Joe Mantegna, Natalya Negoda, Michael Lerner, Mark Rolston, John Fleck.

Rated R

Runtime: 90 minutes
I had forgotten where i came up with Sparky Smith from...he is a HOF 3B in my league now i can use correct photo for him..... I think your website has more and better movies...I am trying to find a movie about this guy that plays for the Atlanta Braves who is going after 61 Hr. came out in mid - late 80's
Old 06-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #25
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

That movie was The Sluggers Wife.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #26
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshotsoftball View Post
That movie was The Sluggers Wife.
thanx it took me a bit i was able to find it i did a fg for him but i dont like how it came out.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #27
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

your facegens are great, thanks for the hardwork.

Ok im up to 255 Created players and 66 Additional Personnel

Getting there little by little
Old 06-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #28
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
your facegens are great, thanks for the hardwork.

Ok im up to 255 Created players and 66 Additional Personnel

Getting there little by little
Your league will be fun to play and give me a reason to do my Facegen Project Part II to finish off any players Dreamteams or myself didnt get to this time. i didnt realize there were so many obscure baseball movies.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #29
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

That's for sure there are so many obscure movies out there regarding baseball players. I tried using most of the more popular movies and placing them on the default teams then putting the lesser known and excess players into the free agent market.

For the sake of adding players to the free agent list, I added players from the movie "Beer League". Technically it isnt a baseball movie, but i felt that it works being that bad news bears (BNB) fit in being a little league team. Obviously I didnt make the ratings high on those players as i tried to rate the players based on their performance in the movie then compare it to the level of competition that they are facing.

The players in the Majors obviously have high ratings than the players in Bull Durham because Bull durham was a minor league team, but they have higher potential ratings because they havent maxed out their potential yet. Also the movies such as sandlot and BNB where they are in little league the ratings are a bit lower as well.

Majors > Minors > College > Beer League => Little League
Old 06-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #30
toddgregory
Major Leagues

additional players

if you are looking for additional fictional players you might consider checking out some baseball books like the Legend of Mickey tussler and Zane grey's (yep the western guy) the Red Headed Outfield, or mike lupica's Wild Pitch. there are some others also stephen king just wrote one...

tons of interesting fictional characters if you are a reader
toddgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #31
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Had a busy weekend at work, will get back to working on this tuesday..

Todd- It is a good idea to add players from books, but ive been working on this project for two months already and i think that it would take at least that much time or longer to add baseball players from books. Thanks for your message and hopefully if you D/L the file when it is available that you enjoy it.

I found the following TV series & movies, I'm going to be working on the following shortly

"Clubhouse" The TV series
Zapped
Touching Home
War Eagle, Arkansas
The Open Road

The best part of deciding to work on this project is that i get to see shows and movies about baseball that I had never even heard of before. Granted that some of them are not as good, but some of them are pretty decent.

Currently Included in the game are players from the following movies

1. A League of Their Own
  2. Angels in the Infield
  3. Angels in the Outfield (1951 & 1994)
  4. Bad News Bears (1976 & 2005)
  5. Bad News Bears Goto Japan
  6. Bad News Bears in Breaking Training
  7. Bang the Drum Slowly
  8. Beer League
  9. Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings
  10. Brewesters Millions
  11. Bull Durham
  12. Calvin Marshall
  13. Eastbound & Down (TV Series)
  14. Ed
  15. The Fan
  16. Field of Dreams
  17. For the Love of the Game
  18. Little Big League
  19. Mr 3000
  20. Mr Baseball
  21. Major League 1 & 2
  22. Major League Back to the Minors
  23. The Natural
  24. Pitcher and the Pinup
  25. Rookie of the Year
  26. The Sandlot 1 & 2
  27. The Sandlot Heading Home
  28. The Scout
  29. Sugar
  30. Summer Catch

Last edited by longshotsoftball; 06-12-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #32
Chicagofan76
Banned

Pitcher & The Pinup was stupid to me i turned it off after 20 mins.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #33
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

cool

Thanks for sharing this, I probably won't use it as is but it could be fun to import players into fictional leagues.

You've been very thorough! FYI I got Pastime a while back on Amazon for not very much ($5 maybe?). I didn't like it all that much, but you seem to have (as do I) a very high tolerance for that in baseball movies

I remember a similar roster set like this for High Heat a long time ago; it's a lot of work to put these together. Nicely done.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #34
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLoophole View Post
Thanks for sharing this, I probably won't use it as is but it could be fun to import players into fictional leagues.

You've been very thorough! FYI I got Pastime a while back on Amazon for not very much ($5 maybe?). I didn't like it all that much, but you seem to have (as do I) a very high tolerance for that in baseball movies

I remember a similar roster set like this for High Heat a long time ago; it's a lot of work to put these together. Nicely done.
those was yours on high heat? i have them on a disk somewhere
Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #35
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Being that I added players from Eastbound and Down, I decided to research baseball TV Series'. I came across Blue City Blues from 1983, I was only able to located one episode online, but it was enough for me to create most of the Players.

Just finished adding Players from the Benchwarmers and Stealing Home.

I was also able to find Clubhouse online and that will be next on my list

Last edited by longshotsoftball; 06-14-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #36
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Being that I added players from Eastbound and Down, I decided to research baseball TV Series'. I came across Blue City Blues from 1983, I was only able to located one episode online, but it was enough for me to create most of the Players.

Just finished adding Players from the Benchwarmers and Stealing Home.

I was also able to find Clubhouse online and that will be next on my list
There's more then just Kenny Powers? I watched the 1st episode and if i ever see another 1 i will put my foot through the TV. It was the worst show I ever watched from Netflix. Blue City Blues I might have to try to find so I can do facegen for them but probably wont make it into my 1st set. I want to do The Clubhouse, but also not sure if i will get to them tonight. I did Virgil Sweet & Sammy Bodeen, both came out fairly accurate although Bodeen doesnt look as young as needed.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #37
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Reg Mackworthy... the guy who ended Powers Career. The pitcher and the pinup isnt all that great i agree, but the worst I have seen was Tiger Town the only movie that i had to turn off because it was terrible..

I have a few movies I got in from netflix and ill be watching them this weekend to hopefully finalize the league once and for all. I know i am taking a ton of time to complete this but that is just because I want to have this as accurate as possible.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #38
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
those was yours on high heat? i have them on a disk somewhere
No, I didn't make them, I just used them. But I did make and edit many, many roster sets for HH (I played 2001 and still would if OOTP wasn't so good) and I know how much work it is. IMO it's more tedious than the graphics/pictures stuff, but I suppose to each his own.

I finally saw "Long Gone" the other day and it's really, really good. If you can track down a tape or find it somewhere, it's well worth the effort.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #39
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

I havent been able to track down a copy of Long Gone.. Im going to check my local video store maybe they have a copy stashed somewhere.

I watched Touching Home last night with Ed Harris. I have to say it was a solid movie overall. Its about two brothers who play ball and their personal struggles.

Back to work...
Old 06-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #40
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my computer shutdown and crashed the game. I tried to load the game and it keeps crashing on loading leagues 5%. I just put a ticket in to see if it can be fixed I hope so.

Being an idiot i did not have a backup of the league, the only thing i do have is a beta test version that i simmed two seasons that i would have to go back and edit, as well as add all of the other free agents that i added to the game after the beta test.

Hopefully I will be able to get this fixed and wont have to re-edit the league all over again.. But either way I will have this quickstart up and running eventually.