Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 04-16-2006, 03:55 AM   #1
Dregen
Minors (Double A)

Questions

When creating a baseball world, will you be able to add on the real-life world? Such as, keep what is already in real life and just add on teams and leagues, without having to have fictional players in the MLB and other existing leagues?
Lastly, will there be a global map allowing you to just click on a country, view the leagues, and then add to it? Or, will you just type in a name as in other OOTP versions?

Thank You,

Walter
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

Could you explain more on the real-life world? OOTP 2006 will not include real players or teams from any of the leagues around the world (including the MLB), but adding to a league (assuming using a 3rd party roster set)? Isn't that already what Diamond Mind Baseball does? I think you're looking for somethine like the Ankit or the Lahman database.

Last edited by Raderick; 04-16-2006 at 03:59 AM.
Raderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
Boozie1580
All Star Starter

I think he just means, can you add fictional leagues to a baseball world that contains real life MLB rosters?

The answer is yes (sort of). The game doesn't come with real MLB rosters, so the only way to get those is to download a third-party roster pack. I don't see any reason why you couldn't load up one of those and add leagues to it. The game doesn't treat that any differently that it would a league with fictional players, because it doesn't know the difference. Basically, since real rosters don't come with the game, you can do pretty much everything with real roster packs that you can do with game-generated fictional rosters.

Boozie1580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
Boozie1580
All Star Starter

As for the map, I don't think it's in the game but I don't think you have to type in the league name either. Im assuming there would be some kind of menu with a list of leagues to choose from.

Boozie1580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
mcgsports
Banned

Pre-Game Editor like NHL Eastisde Hockey Manager has because that might help?
mcgsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #6
blgoblue2
Banned

how did you get 3 warnings?
blgoblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
Dregen
Minors (Double A)

Thank you for the responses. Where can I find detailed real life roster packs? I read that you could import historic rosters, that's where I got confused.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:52 AM   #8
Mike Ivie
Minors (Triple A)

Dregen, people make them all the time including new ones for each new season. I have found them in the mods forum.