Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:55 AM   #101
Nwdcdude
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkim View Post
Is anyone else noticing that the AI isn't signing International Amateur Free Agents?

At first I thought it was my settings since I enabled all the leagues, but then I created a standard MLB game and ran it to August 1st. None of the the agents were signed and (I believe) none were offered any contracts.
Negative, I've seen them signed by the AI on my sim and had a few snagged from the AI as well by better offers.
Nwdcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #102
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Is it time again to say how much I love this game and respect the developers? Thanks guys, you are the best.
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #103
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkim View Post
Is anyone else noticing that the AI isn't signing International Amateur Free Agents?

At first I thought it was my settings since I enabled all the leagues, but then I created a standard MLB game and ran it to August 1st. None of the the agents were signed and (I believe) none were offered any contracts.
If the AI teams essentially run out of space in their draft budgets, we're probably a little too restrictive in them not giving out offers, even if they have other budget space available. We'll look to fix it for the future, but not sure we can get out a patch for it. When the budgets roll over to the off-season they'll sign players, or especially in the first year, since we already include a class of international FA, you can basically skip that first year's FA and things should return to normal.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #104
Hkim
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If the AI teams essentially run out of space in their draft budgets, we're probably a little too restrictive in them not giving out offers, even if they have other budget space available. We'll look to fix it for the future, but not sure we can get out a patch for it. When the budgets roll over to the off-season they'll sign players, or especially in the first year, since we already include a class of international FA, you can basically skip that first year's FA and things should return to normal.

Okay. Sounds good. For a moment I was worried I'd need to reinstall the game or something.

I'll keep playing forward and seeing what happens. I'll let you guys know if the issue persists.

Thanks for the help!
Hkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #105
endgame
Hall Of Famer

If the fiscal limitation is actually the cause of this behavior in your league, you may also consider moving the date of the Int Ammy draft to the offseason when budgets are recalcuated, IIRC. On the surface, I see no real detriment. Generally, these guys are going to the Complex anyway and in rare cases directly to Rookie level, which is still far enough in the future to assign them there. FWIW
Old 10-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #106
ty24
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Having this problem as well. So if I understand you correctly, you're advising turning off the international amateur draft functionality for the first year and then reenabling for years 2+?
ty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #107
diamondparoxysm
Minors (Single A)

Just now saw this.

Was wondering why Javier Baez and Taijaun Walker were both non-tendered after they were traded for each other.

Thanks, guys!
diamondparoxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:46 PM   #108
TwinsGuy11
Minors (Triple A)

I haven't gone through my computer yet to see if it's something on my end slowing it down, but did the sim speed slow down for anyone throughout the year? I haven't played the game since May, but I wanted to really get into it now that I don't have to endure the Twins losing everyday.

I tried simming last night but it was significantly slower than it was back in May.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify I'm posting in this thread because I wasn't sure if it could be a patch/update related issue or not.

Last edited by TwinsGuy11; 10-19-2016 at 04:48 PM.
TwinsGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #109
LouGerig_IronHorse
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by termcl View Post
Those of us who, like me, play out all our games one day at a time, a slower speed, day to day, isn't a bad thing or a hindrance.

Fully agreed. I play out EVERY game, one day at a time - whether CPU manger vs CPU manager, whether I manage one team or manage both teams. I play in commissioner mode, so I tend to jump in and out of teams a lot to try to tweak rosters, lineups, etc. So trading a little slower time factor for smarter AI - at least for players who play the game this particular way - won't impact us at all in a negative way - and will only make the game experience that much better!
LouGerig_IronHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #110
ty24
Bat Boy

I hate to be a negative person here, as I've purchased OOTP for many years and thoroughly enjoyed it, but this hotfix is so buggy for me that it literally takes the fun out of playing. I was getting along fine prior to the update. Is it possible for me to somehow roll the update back? I believe I still have the file from the prior update, but my assumption is that even if I tried to install, it wouldn't work since I already have a newer version. Please advise. I really want to play the game, but won't waste anymore time under the current version.
ty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:25 PM   #111
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty24 View Post
I hate to be a negative person here, as I've purchased OOTP for many years and thoroughly enjoyed it, but this hotfix is so buggy for me that it literally takes the fun out of playing. I was getting along fine prior to the update. Is it possible for me to somehow roll the update back? I believe I still have the file from the prior update, but my assumption is that even if I tried to install, it wouldn't work since I already have a newer version. Please advise. I really want to play the game, but won't waste anymore time under the current version.
Sent you an email

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote