Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
gipper2001
Bat Boy

Fictional League setup question

Hi everyone,

I wanted to set up a fictional league using only 24 Iowa locations and start the league in 1900. I want to use real historical players and be able to draft the new, incoming players each year onto the Iowa league teams. I don't want any expansion into the real MLB history, simply the real players playing in my fictional league. Any assistance on how to set that up would be appreciated.
gipper2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

import a historical year that you want to start at, say 1976.

you can tweek the settings some using the wizard but for what you need to do you need to start the game then edit the league Structure and settings to your liking. set the region to us. state iowa, rename your teams, then change logos and even stadiums if you wish.

if I have time i'll make a quick how-to video tutorial this evening. but I have an online league wrap-up show to do, a mission statement for the wiki to write, an off-season sim in my online league and I wanted to get some work done on B.o.B. today as well. So it's a busy OOTP day for me and I can make no promises.

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-22-2014 at 05:53 PM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipper2001 View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to set up a fictional league using only 24 Iowa locations and start the league in 1900. I want to use real historical players and be able to draft the new, incoming players each year onto the Iowa league teams. I don't want any expansion into the real MLB history, simply the real players playing in my fictional league. Any assistance on how to set that up would be appreciated.
Shouldn't be too difficult. Create a new custom game. Add fictional league. Setup your 24 teams. Under options disable enable automatic evolution of the league. Under league progressing options click on automatically import real historical rookies or use random rookies from all eras depending on what you want to do. A potential issue is that when the league is created in 1900, you will need to manually import the historical players for the inaugural season. Another issue (bigger problem) is that MLB didn't expand to more than 16 teams until 1961 I believe. You will not be able to fill the rosters of all 24 teams in your league until 1969 or so. If you use random rookies from all eras, you should be good. If not you will need to have fictional players with real players for any season played before 1969.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
import a historical year that you want to start at, say 1976.

you can tweek the settings some using the wizard but for what you need to do you need to start the game then edit the league Structure and settings to your liking. set the region to us. state iowa, rename your teams, then change logos and even stadiums if you wish.
Good idea.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Gipper I just did this for someone else. I took 1968 historical MLB and created a 1968 fictional league. I deleted all fictional players from the FBL while in commish mode by mass deleting players in each teams roster. I then released all MLB players and under the FBL scheduled an inaugural draft.

So start with MLB year of your choosing. Start game. Go under League Options - Add League and choose Fictional Set up your league and choose start year of 1900 if that is the year you want to start with. Set up that team through the Wizard. You can go back in under LEague setup - Rules, options, etc and make changes. Then while in Commish mode mass delete all fictional players you do not want. (little bubble next to POS, make sure you have all players in organization right click delete)
Then do back to MLB and release all players and then delete MLB. You can also just delete MLB and it should release all players ad coaches but i do not do it that way.
Go back to your Iowa league and schedule an inaugural draft.

Also look for Silvam's top 10 Cities thread for 10 Iowa uniforms if you need them.
look for my Laramie Bob thread on how I setup his league.
Also somewhere is the Field of Dreams park.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
gipper2001
Bat Boy

Thanks so much.
gipper2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Another issue (bigger problem) is that MLB didn't expand to more than 16 teams until 1961 I believe. You will not be able to fill the rosters of all 24 teams in your league until 1969 or so. If you use random rookies from all eras, you should be good. If not you will need to have fictional players with real players for any season played before 1969.
If you don't want to do random debut and don't want fictional players, another way you can deal with this would be to use the Spritze high school database. It has more players. Whether or not is has enough for 1900 to fill out 24 teams, I do not know. But I do know that for that era you won't need 25 players per team... Also, you could consider starting your league earlier, with fewer teams, and turning off Retire According to History. This would allow the league to build up some history and would give you more players by the time you jump in at 1900 (at which time you would presumably expand to 24 teams).

If this is something you're interested in, reply and then I and/or others can point you towards more info.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:05 AM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
If you don't want to do random debut and don't want fictional players, another way you can deal with this would be to use the Spritze high school database. It has more players. Whether or not is has enough for 1900 to fill out 24 teams, I do not know. But I do know that for that era you won't need 25 players per team... Also, you could consider starting your league earlier, with fewer teams, and turning off Retire According to History. This would allow the league to build up some history and would give you more players by the time you jump in at 1900 (at which time you would presumably expand to 24 teams).

If this is something you're interested in, reply and then I and/or others can point you towards more info.
I started in 1901 and had 115 FA. I had 15 man rosters for MLB.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote