Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
demjansk1942
Minors (Single A)

Some Noob questions

Okay I did a few things and then I went back and noticed the changes weren't saved. I'll explain what I want to do and then listen to your advice.

I want to play the NY Mets and the 2013 season. However, I would like to set up my own lineup against LHP and RHP including placing some Triple AAA players on the 25 man roster. However, when I did this once and switched screens to the manager options it went back to the lineup Terry Collins would place.

Therefore, I would like to have control over the initial lineups against the RHP and LHP. My goal is to allow Collins to control subs and I control the initial pitch and batting mechanics.

What am I missing and do I need to save things?

Thanks for your help
demjansk1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

First, make sure you are actually in charge of the team. There are a number of ways to check this: Your Manager Menu should show the team logo, have an option to take you to your team's home screen and allow you to resign from team. When you click on Team Menu, your team should be showing.

Next, go back to Manager Menu and click Manager Options. YOU, not Terry Collins, should be what is showing for Setting Lineups/Depth/Pitching Staff. Delegate the rest of the settings to Collins or your minor league managers as you wish.

Next, when you go to play out a game, as I assume when you say you want to "allow Collins to control subs and I control the initial pitch and batting mechanics," you need to go into Options and Preview before the game starts and choose what you want to handle and what you want Collins to do for you. For example, it sounds like you want to be in charge of Offense Strategy and Pitching Strategy and you want Collins to handle Substitutions. Choose you or him to also control Baserunning and Defense Strategy.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demjansk1942 View Post
Okay I did a few things and then I went back and noticed the changes weren't saved. I'll explain what I want to do and then listen to your advice.

I want to play the NY Mets and the 2013 season. However, I would like to set up my own lineup against LHP and RHP including placing some Triple AAA players on the 25 man roster. However, when I did this once and switched screens to the manager options it went back to the lineup Terry Collins would place.

Therefore, I would like to have control over the initial lineups against the RHP and LHP. My goal is to allow Collins to control subs and I control the initial pitch and batting mechanics.

What am I missing and do I need to save things?

Thanks for your help
Go to GM Menu - options then put yourself in control of the lineups. see my SS.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
demjansk1942
Minors (Single A)

Hi Again,

Thanks for the information, I looked at my screen and can't find the screen shot. However, in my set up I have myself on setting lineups and collins on roster moves and transactions and initiate and react to trades. the monor league signings and promotions is blacked out.

do you think thats a good set up for starters?. I also looked at the player profiles, crazy information, I figured out the numbers for the batters since it looks like a higher number from 1-20 is better?
demjansk1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demjansk1942 View Post
Hi Again,

Thanks for the information, I looked at my screen and can't find the screen shot. However, in my set up I have myself on setting lineups and collins on roster moves and transactions and initiate and react to trades. the monor league signings and promotions is blacked out.

do you think thats a good set up for starters?. I also looked at the player profiles, crazy information, I figured out the numbers for the batters since it looks like a higher number from 1-20 is better?
See where it says A. Fox where your GM name is? click that and then manager options.
I prefer 1-10 it is easier some prefer 1-20 2-8 1-100.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Yes, a higher number is better. Use 1-10 or 2-8, whichever you like better.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote