Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-22-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
Empach
Minors (Double A)

My Suggestions

Hi, I just picked up FHM6 and as I play through I'm going to write down any bugs I find or suggestions I have.
To start on a positive note, I'm enjoying the game. I've played each FHM since the beginning and each version has gotten better.
I'm playing in standard mode, currently GMing the Toronto Maple Leafs.

-In the team tab menus it would be nice if the current selected was highlighted somehow. With the Leafs each tab is the same blue.

-On the player popups it would be helpful to see the player's current cap hit. Injury status would also be helpful to see at a glance.

-When on the message inbox if I click into another screen, like a player page, then hit back it would be nice if my scroll bar position was retained.

-I was trying to extend some players and with two of them (Gauthier and Mikheyev) after a few rounds of responses I met their demands and submitted. The message back acts like I sent them my previous offer, but the demand meeting final offer. Functionally I think both players don't want to negotiate anymore, but that's not what I'm seeing on the screens. They still give contract demands.

-When recalling players from the minors, upon each recall I'm asked to assign them a jersey number if their desired number is already taken. This is annoying to do over and over again. Can the game remember their last number and just keep using that until theirs a conflict? Or maybe a setting to automate it? Or an option to automate if I'm simming?
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:18 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empach View Post
-When recalling players from the minors, upon each recall I'm asked to assign them a jersey number if their desired number is already taken. This is annoying to do over and over again. Can the game remember their last number and just keep using that until theirs a conflict? Or maybe a setting to automate it? Or an option to automate if I'm simming?
It's supposed to be checking if their last number is open, assuming they played at least one game wearing it when they were up previously. Can you give me a specific example where this is happening so we can see if something's going wrong?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:13 PM   #3
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It's supposed to be checking if their last number is open, assuming they played at least one game wearing it when they were up previously. Can you give me a specific example where this is happening so we can see if something's going wrong?
It's possible they didn't end up playing a game. If it happens again I'll let you know. I can provide a save if it's helpful.

New item: It's close to the trade deadline so I went to check on the NHL Trade Block. On this screen every player has $0 under the Cap Hit column.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #4
Empach
Minors (Double A)

I have an example of being prompted for to change numbers for a player who played earlier this season. I claimed Vladislav Kamenev on waivers at the beginning of the season. He played 21 games as number 90 before being sent to the AHL (where he also used 90) on Jan 1 2020. On Mar 7 2020 I recalled him and received the message to assign a number. His desired number is 91 currently held by John Tavares.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #5
Empach
Minors (Double A)

A few thoughts regarding signing prospects.

-It would be nice if there was a message or a list somewhere when a prospect's rights have lapsed.
A message warning rights will expire soon would be helpful.

-With KHL prospects it would be good if the signing window opened earlier than July 1. I had some KHL rights that I wanted to sign, but I always get the message that they are under KHL contract, even though their season is over by May. This gives no opportunity to sign them in season if their rights are about to expire.
It's also why prospects like Sorokin and Kaprizov end up as UFAs after season 1. Their NHL teams have no opportunity to sign them befor losing their rights.

-When trying to sign prospects for next season I would get a warning of maximum contracts reached. This was in June and I had plenty of UFAs that would expire in July. It would be helpful if the game counted future contracts against future contracts rather than current. I imagine that might get complicated though.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:21 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empach View Post
A few thoughts regarding signing prospects.

-It would be nice if there was a message or a list somewhere when a prospect's rights have lapsed.
A message warning rights will expire soon would be helpful.
You mean besides the information behind portrayed under TEAM > UNSIGNED DRAFTEES > SIGNING DEADLINE?
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 07:44 PM   #7
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
You mean besides the information behind portrayed under TEAM > UNSIGNED DRAFTEES > SIGNING DEADLINE?
Yes, I use that list. It's a good resource. I still think a message would be a nice reminder. Not a big deal, just an idea.

I have found the Unsigned Draftees list inaccurate at times. There have been players with a rights expiration date coming up, but after it passes I still have their rights and the date moves up. I'll keep an eye on this. Maybe I've just been misreading.