Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-26-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Perfect Team 2.0 discussion

I'm not sure if everyone has caught all of these new features, so I wanted to point them out here.

Quote:
For OOTP 20, Perfect Team mode will return with more cards (over 3,200 total) and more features, including exciting tournaments (coming in April), collection missions (coming April / May), an improved auction house, more achievements, an additional league level (6 in total) and all the new strategy and AI improvements of the core game. Build your very own Perfect Team and battle the best OOTP managers in the world!
For one, I'm really glad there is an additional league level because it seems like there needs to be one because the difference between diamond and perfect is too high.

Second, collection missions!!!

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0245/

Last edited by zrog2000; 02-26-2019 at 12:14 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Added support to have players in lineup backup other positions, and substitute in starting lineups for them

This year we have introduced several new strategic options, such as an opener and a follower as MLB teams continue to seek every possible advantage to winning in 2019. We have also improved the simulation engine and AI to handle and counter these new options and also make the smartest strategic decisions possible at any time during the game.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

Everything on that list I'm looking forward to,especially a deeper pool of cards.

It does feel like that last line should read: "Build your very own Perfect Team and battle the biggest spending OOTP managers in the world!" as I worry about any pay to win type of setting but hopefully the tournaments are set up with that in mind and it at least is at the subconscious forefront while they design stuff. Another league level sounds like it could alleviate that slightly. (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum??/Diamond/Perfect)

Either way I'm super optimistic and looking forward to OOTP 20. Been playing since 14 and this version I'm looking forward to the most by far.

Last edited by SodoMojo; 02-26-2019 at 12:36 PM.
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #4
cavacom
Minors (Single A)

I'm most excited about tournaments but I'm very happy about the additional level.
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #5
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodoMojo View Post
Another league level sounds like it could alleviate that slightly. (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum??/Diamond/Perfect)
You missed that there is a new level, Iron, at the bottom of the tiers (it's not listed on that newsletter, but Markus mentioned it). And it's going to be a minimum 4 up/4 down promotion/relegation system, which will help move teams around better. No more whales getting stuck because they get upset in the LCS.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:48 PM   #6
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

They could take some tips from how Hearthstone is run.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #7
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Tourney's and collections sound like fun. Tourney's more so.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #8
Kushiel
All Star Starter

We'll have a grand time!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:10 PM   #9
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

I don't have access to the game right now (at work). What is the current total # of cards in the game? I think it says it on the collection page. Wondering how many cards there are currently compared to the over 3,200 they will have
sharpk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:10 PM   #10
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
It also sounded like the highest performing teams in the entry league will get seeded somewhere between Iron and Gold so that should help some also. I'm pretty sure that was in Markus post.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:13 PM   #11
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpk23 View Post
I don't have access to the game right now (at work). What is the current total # of cards in the game? I think it says it on the collection page. Wondering how many cards there are currently compared to the over 3,200 they will have

I believe it is 2,511...
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #12
chazzycat
All Star Starter

what is a "follower"?
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:22 PM   #13
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
It also sounded like the highest performing teams in the entry league will get seeded somewhere between Iron and Gold so that should help some also. I'm pretty sure that was in Markus post.
correct... sounds like what they wanted to implement in v19, but since it was decided sort of last-minute and there was some push-back, they didn't... from Markus' post:

"After the launch on March 22 (which is a Friday) teams will spend 3 days in the Entry Pool. On the first promotion / relegation round on Monday, March 25, we will populate the first three levels, based on team performance in the Entry Pool (minimum 30 games, teams with less than 30 games go to the Iron level automatically). After that, it's business as usual and the levels will fill up over the next 3 weeks."
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #14
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
what is a "follower"?
The pitchers that replace openers.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #15
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
what is a "follower"?
It depends. Mostly with the opener strategy, it's 1 guy pitches the 1st, then the follower (a true SP) pitches 2-3 times through the lineup. There's also a "bullpen day" strategy where the 2nd pitcher is just a long reliever and you send nothing but relievers out there all game.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #16
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
what is a "follower"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
The pitchers that replace openers.

what basically in old-school terms... a team that uses a reliver/closer as their starter to pitch the first inning (or two)... that starter is referred to as the "opener"... then the normal starter is brought in but instead of being called a reliever, he is referred to as the "follower"

it's like new math for baseball kids these days, can't leave weird enough alone
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:27 PM   #17
chazzycat
All Star Starter

thanks guys. I understand the whole "opener" thing, I just hadn't realized there is a term for the SP who comes in after.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #18
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Anyway, the new settings and AI are very welcome because the opener strategy has several problems in OOTP 19:

1) If the pitching team uses a RP as an opener, the game automatically makes your opener pitch like a SP, going for the long-haul rather than going for a 1 inning, all-out performance. So, true RP get a Stuff penalty and get rocked during their starts.

2) If the pitching team uses a SP as an opener, set with a low pitch limit to take them out quickly, they still pitch like a SP and don't get to take advantage of the Stuff bonus that the bullpen gets. Also, I beleive they still fatigue like a SP and not a RP (i.e. they can only open every 4th or 5th day at 100%)

3) For the hitting team, there's no settings available that allow the AI to recognize an opener is not the true starter and thus you get these starting rotations that are all one-handedness followed by a bullpen of the other handedness dominating a lineup that was setup with the intention of playing more than 1 inning vs. the opener's handedness. Basically, the opener strategy can be used to trick the teams into putting out a suboptimal lineup. Match your stadium to that strategy and you can be really tough to beat at home.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-26-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #19
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I'm afraid that I'm never going to trust AI to handle facing openers correctly and that's probably going to drive me nuts.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #20
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
For the hitting team, there's no settings available that allow the AI to recognize an opener is not the true starter and thus you get these starting rotations that are all one-handedness followed by a bullpen of the other handedness dominating a lineup that was setup with the intention of playing more than 1 inning vs. the opener's handedness. Basically, the opener strategy can be used to trick the teams into putting out a suboptimal lineup. Match your stadium to that strategy and you can be really tough to beat at home.

Great, another loophole for people to exploit.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote