Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #21
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
@bobbycockstrong: I wrote one sentence. You wrote two long posts telling me how to act, live, think, etc. Who is being hostile?
Are you causing trouble again my friend? 😉
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #22
justpatrick
Major Leagues

I donīt know how this thread got into a discussion on free versus pay to play, but I will happily add fuel to the fire.

I donīt understand how people can have their PP game ruined because other people arenīt playing it the "right" way. Itīs a competitive game and some people get pleasure from paying for their team while others, like myself, enjoy the challenge of doing it on a budget. So what?
I personally enjoy playing against whales, it makes for me a richer experience to see if I can beat these juggernaut teams (alas, usually no), but no matter what, I enjoy the game even though they donīt play with their toys the same way as I.
So really, if it bugs you so much that you canīt have fun in the game, then this game is clearly not for you.
And really, canīt we all just get along?
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:50 PM   #23
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
@bobbycockstrong: I wrote one sentence. You wrote two long posts telling me how to act, live, think, etc. Who is being hostile?
What was hostile in anything that I wrote? Yeah you wrote one sentence, but it seemed to be an erroneous one, so I called you out on something - that doesn't mean anything I said is hostile.

Nor did i tell you how to act, live, think, etc - I offered a viewpoint. What you do with that is up to you - from your post it seems you just either deflected or continue to blindly misinterpret things. Only you know, i guess.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:02 PM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycockstrong View Post
Nor did i tell you how to act, live, think, etc - I offered a viewpoint.
That's all I did too. You should try being more tolerant.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #25
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Lol. Tooo funny...😁
Funny, but still being reported for inappropriate language and harassment

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #26
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I'm not worried, this board isn't moderated. The guy has 201 posts and 85 threads started, mostly complaining about really important things like not being able to see the stats for the number of times someone spits chewing tobacco while stealing home. All he does is complain and clutter the board with new threads about how he's going to leave and never buy OOTP again and then never does.

If this board were moderated, someone would have told him to knock it off with new threads and merged all of them into one.

Is it me that's really the problem here? Or do you like all of these threads? http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...archid=3266240

One of them is actually complaining about not being able to see the number of foul balls. The guy deserves to be called out precisely because the board isn't moderated.

If using the word 'bitching' is inappropriate, I hope you don't own a television.

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-02-2019 at 04:56 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #27
justpatrick
Major Leagues

So apparently we canīt all just get along after all.
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #28
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
That's all I did too. You should try being more tolerant.
Maybe your sentences were a "viewpoint" in some technical sense of the word but your "viewpoint" from what I could derive from these single sentences was that you claimed hostility from one of the other posters, and then claimed I was being hostile as well - but there wasnt really any evidence in either case of hostility.

Similarly, while we all can technically be more tolerant, there doesn't seem to be any evidence anywhere that I lack tolerance. So not sure I follow your one line "viewpoint" here either, but to each their own I suppose.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:18 PM   #29
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
So apparently we canīt all just get along after all.
Toxic communities are toxic.

I am extremely thankful that there are no ways to communicate with one another in game.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #30
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Toxic communities are toxic.

I am extremely thankful that there are no ways to communicate with one another in game.
Toxic communities? You are joking right? Trump tower is a Toxic Community not a OOTP forum. 😁 Aren’t we aiming a little high here? (Or better yet maybe being?)
Old 03-02-2019, 05:43 PM   #31
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Suggesting he might be happier somewhere else is harassment and worthy of reporting to the OOTP Gods? If that is the case my friend there would be no one left on this forum. No offense meant just stating a fact. (Well maybe you and Medici) He is close to perfect also and a very close friend because of it. 😁
Old 03-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #32
Recte44
Global Moderator

This thread doesn't seem to be accomplishing much except for some borderline behavior.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:16 AM   #33
madjac74
Minors (Double A)

I'd be more apt to try online leagues BECAUSE of perfect team. I've always wanted to try an online league but it always seemed a bit intimidating. finding a league, getting accepted, time commitments, etc...

Perfect team is easy to get started, very casual and fun but some things I miss that I could possibly find in an online league are interaction with other competitors, sense of history (not being in a completely new league every season), I need the GM aspect ...drafting, signing, cultivating the next superstar... hopefully a slower pace, no difficulties downloading replays or box scores.

Now that I have a taste of online play, I'd like to get over my anxieties and try a dedicated online league. But with the limited attention my PT team needs, I could certainly do both.
madjac74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #34
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
EXACTLY - MONEY is what turned me off from the real life sports....now it is ruining SIMs (for me) but plenty of people love spending MONEY
Oh man. Imagine having money to spend on a video game.
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote