Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:40 PM   #61
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
I find myself with Monday off now and I've declared it a baseball holiday! I'm going to watch baseball movies the entire day while I spend some time getting to know the 19 Beta build...what movies should I watch?
Can't go wrong with at least these three ...

1) The Natural
2) Eight Men Out
3) Soul of the Game

Then top it off with a few of these...

- Field of Dreams
- Pride of the Yankees
- For the Love of the Game
- Money Ball
- 61*

There's lot's more but those should give you a good run.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:37 PM   #62
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I find myself with Monday off now and I've declared it a baseball holiday! I'm going to watch baseball movies the entire day while I spend some time getting to know the 19 Beta build...what movies should I watch?
Of course, it's about way more than baseball, but Bull Durham's definitely one of my all-time faves. Major League's good fun too, especially Uecker.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:05 PM   #63
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

You can't talk about great baseball movies without listing Sandlot right up near the top.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:46 PM   #64
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
You can't talk about great baseball movies without listing Sandlot right up near the top.
I've seen bits of it. I should really watch the whole thing sometime because I keep hearing that it's right up there in the baseball movies pantheon.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:09 AM   #65
Lolos
Minors (Single A)

Any suggestions of tutorials?
Lolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:18 AM   #66
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolos View Post
Any suggestions of tutorials?
This is the Manual for OOTP18. It's a steep learning curve but well worth it once you get the hang of it. I spent all of the OOTPX development cycle starting and stopping and figuring out settings, but YMMV. In the end all that effort to learn the ins and outs of the settings was worth it for me. I can pretty much set up a game in five minutes without the setup wizard now. The manual for OOTP19 will be made available at some point in the development cycle, and you can get it then. The manual for OOTP18 is where I would start.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:23 AM   #67
Lolos
Minors (Single A)

Will I be able to play the WBC?
Old 03-17-2018, 12:27 AM   #68
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Will I be able to play the WBC?
Excellent looking thread here on the WBC and how to get the most out of it.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:31 AM   #69
Lolos
Minors (Single A)

Thanks, sorry for too many questions what size image I can use, i want to use images of players instead of their actual faces models is their a package out their or just starting to download lots of images through Google?
Old 03-17-2018, 12:32 AM   #70
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I've seen bits of it. I should really watch the whole thing sometime because I keep hearing that it's right up there in the baseball movies pantheon.
It’s an absolute classic.
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:33 AM   #71
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Next time you have a day like that, watch all of Ken Burns Baseball
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:35 AM   #72
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
That's quite a day.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:46 AM   #73
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks, sorry for too many questions what size image I can use, i want to use images of players instead of their actual faces models is their a package out their or just starting to download lots of images through Google?
There are various and sundry photo packs available in the Photos section of the Mods section of this forum, which is right here. Have a look around and see if you find something to your liking. I use facegen because I like having the players update their uniforms wherever they go in my game, but I remember using photos when I started out too. There's an amazing historical facegen collection somewhere on this board with 36,000+ facegens if you can believe it should you ever want to use those. pstrickert (awesome dude) put out a link for it in a thread called "Historical FaceGens: What happened?" or something like that.

When you download the game, there's something called Add-Ons Central through which you can add all kinds of mods to your game right in the game, no muss no fuss. There's instructions for that here.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #74
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
I actually borrowed it from my dad to watch back in August when I was recovering from my appendectomy. In the middle my DVD player crapped out. If I had bothered to replace it, that's what I would watch Monday. I have gone mostly iTunes for my movies now and have many of the movies mentioned. I'll be picking up one or two more this weekend.

I think Moneyball is a no brainer due to my GM status in my league.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:32 AM   #75
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

I will try and understand baseball and all the stats but still have a good time!
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #76
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
i watched it when i was in my upper-half of the teens (ie a petualnt lil %$#@) and thought it was a movie for children and "unwillingly" watched it. (wasn't interested, stayed for a few minutes and got sucked in.)

i remember laughing quite a bit during that movie. i was pleasantly surprised. while a typical teen personality in some respects, i never like simple movies. plot, continuity, acting were all important to me at an early age. it's a well-made movie, if i recall correctly. (really hard to do with kid actors from my perspective.)

it's one of those movies that may be geared toward kids, but has enough adult moments and themes that you can actually enjoy it... or as an adult watching it with adult friends. like finding nemo. never watched that as a kid, no emotioanl attachment, and still liked it as an adult.

probably need to be in the mood for it, thogh. light-hearted fun movie.

gotta shout out to natural, eight men out, and bull durham for baseball movies.

natural has lost some luster for me. i realize it's the "style" of the acting, but i don't like it as an adult. too sappy for me, now. but as a "kid", the natural was greatest baseball movie i ever saw.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-17-2018 at 05:56 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:03 PM   #77
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
That reminds me I will have to find time to do my annual viewing of Ken Burns’ classic, but that will have to wait until after a few weeks of OOTP 19 immersion.......
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:36 PM   #78
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
That reminds me I will have to find time to do my annual viewing of Ken Burns’ classic, but that will have to wait until after a few weeks of OOTP 19 immersion.......
Re-watching this now and the best part of the classic is Buck O’Neill and it’s not even close.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #79
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
OOTP 19 looks like it’s going to be great, with all sorts of improvements to the “core” game and a lot of minor tweaks. So, I’m curious how folks plan to start playing this version of the game (and I'm not talking about that first day, calling-in work and convincing the wife or whatever that you need a large chunk of hobby time that weekend, although I like reading about that stuff too).

So how do you plan to start playing OOTP 19 and how will you approach it (will you play out all of the games this year, do season sims, on-line leagues, all of the above)? Are you importing an old league? Will you start a new fictional baseball world? Will you just continue an established on-line league?

Are you going with a new 2018 MLB start and if so, what kind of basic settings will you use and what team will you manage?
First thing I'm going to do is start the game unemployed and install all of the latest mods. Then, pick a team to try the game out at first and test. After that, I will start a new game with all of the mods installed and begin the 2018 season.
RubeBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #80
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Re-watching this now and the best part of the classic is Buck O’Neill and it’s not even close.
Yep. Buck is the absolute star of that epic. His eyes are so full of life. He shared a lot of great stories in that movie, but I'd bet it was just the tip of the iceberg.