Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 09:18 PM   #1
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

Exclamation So why should I buy OOTP19?

From reading about new additions seems to me its just an updated roster and 3D graphics tweak. So why SHOULD i invest in this game?

Rosters can be updated in OOTP18...

Last edited by Leafs2016; 02-10-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #2
joejccva71
Minors (Double A)

I too am curious about this. Are there enough updates to the game to warrant the purchase? If the AI not just from other teams but from your coaches is much better then that's good enough for me but it's a good question to ask.

If I just play the GM of the Yankees, Indians or Cubs and I let Girardi, Francona, or Maddon take full control of the team (lineups, callups/senddowns and rotations) then they should be immaculate and definitely a huge difference than other managers in the league, etc.

See what I mean?

Last edited by joejccva71; 02-10-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:52 PM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

The Road to Release will probably make a good case, I’d imagine.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #4
low
Hall Of Famer

Annual release cycles is one thing I absolutely hate about sports games. Glorified roster updates is a what a lot of them turn into, especially when they have zero competition (Madden and NBA2K come to mind). This is why I no longer buy them every year. I'll probably be skipping OOTP the next year or two.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Annual release cycles is one thing I absolutely hate about sports games. Glorified roster updates is a what a lot of them turn into, especially when they have zero competition (Madden and NBA2K come to mind). This is why I no longer buy them every year. I'll probably be skipping OOTP the next year or two.
I saw that every ear, then Markus comes out with something that i want then I get the game. As of right now i'm waiting til the game comes out til I buy it but that has more to do with patches vs anything. i want to see more of the 3D stuff and if misc things have finally been fixed or updated.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Old 02-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #6
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
OOTP has Competitors as you can see here
http://gmgames.org/section/mlb-baseb...mulator-games/

They have several competitors which Gives them more of a reason to try to be creative and Groundbreaking. So they can keep their customers here playing OOTP and to be able to get new customers from the other games

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 02-10-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Absolutely your right to spend as you please but be mindful that should that position carry the day with significant enough numbers there would be no game to purchase at all.

I will however defend the so-called glorified roster update, as a thing of real value that competitors in the genre charge a significant sum for, including past seasons (free in OOTP not the competition) that is separate from the core game cost.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 02-10-2018, 11:32 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can say that about EA NHL as well... BUT

I support the text sim developers, especially Out of the Park developments, Wolverine Studios and Solecismic. Without our support, they would stop making these great simulators and we would be stuck with console sports games.

None of the developers above have ever just had a "glorified roster update". They work their tails off and somehow add lots of great features, UI enhancements, better AI, etc...

To each his own.. but as long as I'm still employed, I will always buy from these developers as long as they keep making yearly versions of their games. (which they need our support)
Old 02-10-2018, 11:45 PM   #9
joejccva71
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

I support the text sim developers, especially Out of the Park developments, Wolverine Studios and Solecismic. Without our support, they would stop making these great simulators and we would be stuck with console sports games.
Let's not forget about Sigames - Football Manager, as absolutely brilliant as that game is.

I just hope the AI is drastically improved in OOTP 19 because if it's not, then it is just a roster update honestly.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:09 AM   #10
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
Let's not forget about Sigames - Football Manager, as absolutely brilliant as that game is.

I just hope the AI is drastically improved in OOTP 19 because if it's not, then it is just a roster update honestly.
If OOTP19 is just a glorified roster update, then I’m at a loss to explain the massive efforts being devoted as we speak to feature testing and enhancement (not to mention the refinement of past features and AI). I know you’re not on the other side of the mirror. So, I’ll cut you some slack. But, frankly, your comment is insulting.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:23 AM   #11
bombboy85
Major Leagues

Quote:
I absolutely can't disagree with you in some of this. If the $40 to pre-order is an expense that is tough to justify absolutely may not be worth it. For myself it's affordable compared to all the time I spend in the game instead of spending money elsewhere. I buy every year because I love this game and somehow I think it couldn't get better but it always does beyond just updating rosters. The devs of this game seem to love and listen to their community and make the improvements people want year in and year out. Just looking at how the games internals work (ignoring UI updates) it is so much better than just 4 years ago. The first announcement always seem to be nice updates but nothing major but as more is revealed it shows how much they worked on.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:40 AM   #12
mars001
All Star Reserve

I gladly buy every year to support the developers. I've never been disappointed with a verison. I play the game every day. I can't think of a better or more worthwhile to spend $40. Well worth it.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:53 AM   #13
joejccva71
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
If OOTP19 is just a glorified roster update, then I’m at a loss to explain the massive efforts being devoted as we speak to feature testing and enhancement (not to mention the refinement of past features and AI). I know you’re not on the other side of the mirror. So, I’ll cut you some slack. But, frankly, your comment is insulting.
No you make a good point. I guess I'm just used to how EA is with their sports games is all. I remain optimistic with OOTP, I do love this year's game.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:11 AM   #14
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I will probably get it. If it doesn't have enough to validate for me the purchase then i will just think of it as seeing a movie in which the previews were great but not much else or maybe a night or hour of drinking if i still drank.
I'm not expecting that i won't be happy with 19. Only 2 versions i was disappointed with was 2006 and 18. The game making every team an expansion team when you go from manual expansion to auto expansion forced me to go back to 17. Whatever they did from 17 to 18 messed it up.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:20 AM   #15
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

This game is at a point where you can't expect these shiny spectacular additions year after year.

I have the feeling that a lot of guys don't realize any more how much is in this game already ... and that it still is a computer game and not reality.

Markus and his team constantly work on a lot of small things that most of us don't even realize.

So why should you buy OOTP19?

Maybe for the features announced already. Or to support a small company, where you actively can interact with the owner itself and get a personal feedback

You see, it's hard for me to explain why you should buy OOTP19 if you don't already know ... simply because this is no question for me, year after year I'm one of the first to pre-order.

But let's take a look from the other side - what would happen if we'd all stop buying OOTP after v19:

The already small team would have to be reduced, so even small changes to the game would take much longer, not even speaking from new additions.
The game would stagnate at a certain point, interest in the game would plummet, causing activity in the community to do the same.

And after a few years this game would be history.

So let's support Markus and his team even though there are no shiny new additions (even though I can't see that for v19)

But obviously each and every one of us has to come up with his own decision.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 02-11-2018, 07:13 AM   #16
TwinsGuy11
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Not make this a thread about 2k, but you really didn't mention them with Madden, did you? With how much content they add and how deep that game is?
Old 02-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #17
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
No you make a good point. I guess I'm just used to how EA is with their sports games is all. I remain optimistic with OOTP, I do love this year's game.
I apologize if I was a bit harsh. It’s just that I know from about a decade of experience on the beta team how much Markus , Andreas, Matt, and others, including Bigrod, Spritze, the roster guys, etc., etc., bust their tails each year to add an impressive set of new features and refinements to make the game worth purchasing. To them, the worst thing is to have potential customers go “ho-hum.” The Road to Release articles will go into more detail about OOTP19 and help you decide if the game is worth your $40.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:10 AM   #18
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Hours in OOTP 16 in Steam: 2,036
Hours in OOTP 18 in Steam: 0

So why should I buy OOTP19?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #19
jaysfan17
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

You beat me to the punch. I was going to say "don't forget EA NHL". What a crappy game now. I remember it being fun, not anymore.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #20
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I respect what pstrickert said but my stance is more with MizzouRah and Germaniac in this regard. A few years back, I had the same thoughts as Leafs2016 and joejccva71 but I stayed on board anyway and did not regret it. This year, I just sent in my $40 ahead of time because OOTPD has earned my ongoing support.

Whether that sentiment will be rewarded remains to be seen but even if not, I will not regret the money. However, for how long OOTPD can count on that sentiment also remains to be seen as it will not be inexhaustible if the game does indeed become stagnant over time.

- Bru

Closed Thread