Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:01 AM   #21
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Nope.
Oh well... someday.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #22
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
Did 3D rendering of historical parks like Forbes, Crosley, The Polo Grounds make it in this year?

Have you tried the historical parks that myself and adion have worked on? Virtually all parks from 1920 on are featured and some have multiple versions based on different configurations through the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2018, 11:29 AM   #23
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

I was thinking about this and I know it’s a bear to research and then build them all in, while trying to release a new version of the game each year.

Eventually, one way to do this is gradually. By that, I mean go back one “stadium generation” per MLB team and start from there. So, let’s say starting with OOTP 20, create whatever the last stadium was used by every MLB prior to their current one, and go with that and build it in; in the Orioles case, that would be Memorial Stadium for example. Then, in the release after that, time permitting, include the prior generation and so forth for each. One thing however is that I can imagine that the game-file size would really begin to grow.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:37 AM   #24
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
I was thinking about this and I know it’s a bear to research and then build them all in, while trying to release a new version of the game each year.

Eventually, one way to do this is gradually. By that, I mean go back one “stadium generation” per MLB team and start from there. So, let’s say starting with OOTP 20, create whatever the last stadium was used by every MLB prior to their current one, and go with that and build it in; in the Orioles case, that would be Memorial Stadium for example. Then, in the release after that, time permitting, include the prior generation and so forth for each. One thing however is that I can imagine that the game-file size would really begin to grow.

You should peruse this thread and then find adion’s who added backgrounds to every ballpark

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=242856

Old 01-30-2018, 12:04 PM   #25
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Have you tried the historical parks that myself and adion have worked on? Virtually all parks from 1920 on are featured and some have multiple versions based on different configurations through the years

Actually I have not. Over the years I've collected or edited gigabytes of 2D stadium pics, art assets from other games, and work from talented modders (like you silvam) so 3D view was something i just didn't use the last two versions. I think that's how long it's been around. Plus I really like the extended PbP. So that and the fact I have 2D pics of almost every stadium where a pitch was ever thrown 3D was just a curiosity I just didn't care about.

It may be that way again in '19 but with new renderings and animations I'm definitely going to give it a look.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #26
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
Actually I have not. Over the years I've collected or edited gigabytes of 2D stadium pics, art assets from other games, and work from talented modders (like you silvam) so 3D view was something i just didn't use the last two versions. I think that's how long it's been around. Plus I really like the extended PbP. So that and the fact I have 2D pics of almost every stadium where a pitch was ever thrown 3D was just a curiosity I just didn't care about.

It may be that way again in '19 but with new renderings and animations I'm definitely going to give it a look.
You should check them out. For someone who loves historical like me, they took the game to a whole new level
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:37 PM   #27
lschaef
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Will we be able to change any imagery inside the 3D parks? For example, if it's the park for a fictional team, putting their logo on the dugout roof, on the scoreboard, etc?
Quote:
You can already do this in OOTP18 but it involves outside tools like Sketchup etc. We don't have an in-game 3d park editor, though it'd be awesome to eventually make that happen someday.
Does anyone know if there is a tutorial somewhere on how to make edits like these?
lschaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:21 PM   #28
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
One thing however is that I can imagine that the game-file size would really begin to grow.
That is an issue, certainly.

As I've said though, I personally hope that one day we'll see the stadiums get the treatment fictional logos got this year, although I must admit that 800 fictional stadiums would be somewhat ... prohibitive file size wise

Actually, on a tangent to that, it would be interesting to let us tie stadiums to team cities or nicknames in the same way logos work. So if you have a team in, say, Brooklyn, and a stadium named something starting with "Brooklyn" then they would use that stadium by default. Or if you have a team named the Dolphins, and a stadium called something like "Dolphins Stadium" then they would use that by default.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #29
drksd4848
All Star Starter

I'll vouch for Silvam's parks.

He did a great job and you'd be hard pressed to find a historical ballpark that isn't covered; some specific park models have multiple eras represented.

Considering how much time it takes to make one 3D ballpark, it was a real herculean effort on his part. Adion did a nice job with the backgrounds as well.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:36 AM   #30
knight1376
Major Leagues

test......
knight1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:33 PM   #31
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post

Those are fantastic. But has anyone done Palace of the Fans?
gentlemanofleisure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:36 PM   #32
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah I hear you for sure. It's just a matter of our having only so much time and manpower though, and having to set priorities which are always going to be the MLB related stuff, since that's really what drives the game forward.

We are including a whole bunch of newly designed custom logos with the game this year though, around 800 of them iirc. So at least that's something
If I recall correctly, it took about 100 hours for Teflon Skies to create just one of his gorgeous stadiums... I'm sure Henry spent a lot of time on his stadiums, too.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-06-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #33
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

I am sure that creating stadiums is incredibly time-consuming.

I count myself among the many grateful that we have talented and generous members of the OOTP community willing and able to do this.

The stadiums really add to the game immersion and make the game so much better.
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #34
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I am sure that creating stadiums is incredibly time-consuming.

I count myself among the many grateful that we have talented and generous members of the OOTP community willing and able to do this.

The stadiums really add to the game immersion and make the game so much better.
Absolutely. I didn’t think the game could be better, but 3D stadiums have just taken it to another level!
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #35
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
All the fictional and historic parks I know of are made by Silvam and modified with backgrounds by me. I don't know if Silvam has any plans for new ones but I am in the process of up dating all of the current ones with day & night backgrounds. When I am finished will them I will up load them and put the link here and, I believe, OOTP will ad them to the add ons and on steam.
Back before they had 3D stadiums, I used some 2D ones uploaded by someone (maybe Silvam) for my fictional league and took hours upon hours to readjust the ball locations. When you have the 3D stadiums finished, will the ball locations fix themselves or will I have to do that?
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #36
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

OOTP18 introduced a new feature for ball location positioning. All you need to do (for each park) is to place seven (I think) ball location markers at specific locations (OF wall, 3B, 1B, HP). The rest of the location markers will be automatically assigned.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #37
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
OOTP18 introduced a new feature for ball location positioning. All you need to do (for each park) is to place seven (I think) ball location markers at specific locations (OF wall, 3B, 1B, HP). The rest of the location markers will be automatically assigned.
Really?!?!?! That is SO much better! I didn't even know that!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:27 PM   #38
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

I haven't even used the old pictures of my fictional stadiums since 3D came out.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #39
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
This so cool. Is there a place to read more about this instructions or something?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #40
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if it's in the manual or not. But a popup message should let you know which locations to set (ball locations screen).
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote