Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #41
catcherjul
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt arnold View Post
in a perfect world, the new mode will catch on enough that we can hire more resources to improve on the core game. We're definitely not going to forget about how the company has made it this far.
this!
catcherjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #42
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
"why are you spending time making this instead of addressing the flaws the game currently has?" um, did you read the features list? there are a lot of new things coming to the main game this year and a lot of new fixes. the game wouldnt be perfect this year with or without this new mode in the fold.

you want the game to be better? well, that costs money. more money for OOTP means a better game in the future for all of us, no matter what mode you like to play.
This is totally true. You guys should see all the work we're doing right now in beta to try to polish things and address current flaws with the game.

We've actually done a lot more work on this within the past few years (and even this year in particular I think) than we'd been able to before, because we have more resources to do it with. If PT can take off, then we'll only be able to do that all the more as Matt mentioned above

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #43
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slic1149 View Post
Seriously, has Markus ever done anything except try to make our game better? Why in the world would anyone not trust the developer? Additions that enhance the experience for some customers without altering the core game should be viewed as a step forward, not backward.
I wore out my Thanks button on the previous page! I very much appreciated all the comments made therein but Slic said it best, particularly the bolded sentence. This is what I am going to keep in mind the most, that Markus will not forget the concepts and the community that made this game great.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #44
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Mea culpa for missing this especially profound and reassuring pronouncement but it is from three months ago and it is in the 18 forum. Who goes there anymore?

That's me, highlighted below.
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 02-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #45
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Here I am again. Where the heck was I on November 14, 2017? I feel like whistling.
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 02-19-2018, 07:29 PM   #46
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
So, micro-transactions are coming to OOTP? I never thought I would see the day.

There are so many things that need improvement in this game and this is what they decide to spend development time on? I hope it works because they've lost a purchase from me and likely future purchases. I've bought every version even when I knew I would barely play it because I wanted to support the game. Not doing that now with this selling out to this micro-transaction bull crap.
Seems many said the same thing when we wanted 3D and when they implemented it. Micro transaction are the current future of gaming. I dont blame them. I may or may not use the feature. I care more about my fictional league over anything else.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #47
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Seems many said the same thing when we wanted 3D and when they implemented it. Micro transaction are the current future of gaming. I dont blame them. I may or may not use the feature. I care more about my fictional league over anything else.
Ah, but 3D gave non 3D players the spinning cursor. If one uses the broadcast screen we are treated to the a daily earthquake whenever a game shifts from afternoon to evening. Not sure if this is graphics related, but the strobe light (create a facegen) first time through the order problem from 14 or 15 is back as well. Like you, I don't blame them for adding 3D as it sells games and tons of people enjoy it. I just will never fall for the "if you don't want to use it just turn it off" line ever again. In the end, if the game produces great historical play numbers, I can live with a spinning cursor and find ways to work around earthquakes. I can't live with 250 being the benchmark for hits in a season. Even if I am just a niche within a niche.

Last edited by David Watts; 02-20-2018 at 09:17 AM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #48
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Non-sequitur. The Game, what is this from?

If they say
Who cares if one more light goes out?
In a sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
We're quicker, quicker
Well I do

- Bru

Old 02-20-2018, 09:44 PM   #49
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Non-sequitur. The Game, what is this from?

If they say
In a sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
We're quicker, quicker
Well I do
"One More Light" by Linkin Park. Thank me very much. I'm welcome.

End of non-sequitur.

- Bru

Old 02-21-2018, 06:39 AM   #50
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

End of non-sequitur.
It's really sad now after his suicide. Same goes for their song, "Leave Out All the Rest."
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #51
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

I keep reading "They hired new resources for this feature. Nothing is being taken away from the core game!"

Why not hire those resources to work on the core game instead? To me when you don't you are taking resources away from the core game.

I understand why this is happening. I just never thought OOTP would turn into this. Like someone else has already said, this is a niche game and that's what makes it so great IMO.

It is a little frustrating for OOTPers like me. I am a simmer. I don't play out games. I don't care about 3D. If I wanted 3D, I'll just go play The Show. I want an immersive texted based sim. For some who plays the game like I do, there's pretty much nothing added in 19. The "Redesigned Interface" isn't even really a redesign. It is just a new skin. How about redesigning the interface so that things are easier, more user friendly? UIs have some a long way since we moved to this UI.

I want to see feeder leagues given some polish and made to be more real life like.

I want to see improvements to financials.

I want to see the AI in Promotion/Relegation leagues manage the franchises like they would in real life. There is not a popular real life example, but you can come up with something good. You are talented people.

One of my biggest issues with OOTP is how features get added and they are only polished during the version they are released. Feeder leagues have been around for a long time and seen no attention. Promotion/Relegation is going to be in the same boat.

There have been thousands of good idea posted on these forums over the last 18 versions that would be really great additions to the game.

This is just my opinion, obviously. Who am I kidding? I am still going to buy the damn game. I love this game.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:53 PM   #52
Bkennedy
Bat Boy

Quote:
I keep reading "They hired new resources for this feature. Nothing is being taken away from the core game!"

Why not hire those resources to work on the core game instead? To me when you don't you are taking resources away from the core game.
Except that's really just not how business works. If their projections show that PT makes a certain amount of money or more money than the base game, they can't afford to just hire extra people to add to the main game. They have to put those new resources towards something that will pay for itself.

Then, with that extra money they've now brought in, they can in the future expand the team working on the main game if they'd choose to do so.
Bkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #53
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:

I understand why this is happening. I just never thought OOTP would turn into this. Like someone else has already said, this is a niche game and that's what makes it so great IMO.

It is a little frustrating for OOTPers like me. I am a simmer. I don't play out games. I don't care about 3D. If I wanted 3D, I'll just go play The Show. I want an immersive texted based sim. For some who plays the game like I do, there's pretty much nothing added in 19. The "Redesigned Interface" isn't even really a redesign. It is just a new skin. How about redesigning the interface so that things are easier, more user friendly? UIs have some a long way since we moved to this UI.

I want to see feeder leagues given some polish and made to be more real life like.

I want to see improvements to financials.

I want to see the AI in Promotion/Relegation leagues manage the franchises like they would in real life. There is not a popular real life example, but you can come up with something good. You are talented people.

One of my biggest issues with OOTP is how features get added and they are only polished during the version they are released. Feeder leagues have been around for a long time and seen no attention. Promotion/Relegation is going to be in the same boat.

There have been thousands of good idea posted on these forums over the last 18 versions that would be really great additions to the game.

This is just my opinion, obviously. Who am I kidding? I am still going to buy the damn game. I love this game.
I actually think what you're saying is fair.
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #54
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I think Mr. Kennedy has it, spleen and Jerry. My thinking is this now: What you wanted you would still be wanting, or you would have received at some point down the road, regardless of whether they did Perfect Team or not.

If anything, maybe sooner if they do Perfect Team.

That is my impression from having participated in this thread. It sounds stupid but, those two posts from Markus shown above, it was like he was looking me in the eyes and speaking from the heart.

He has earned my trust. In the future, I will try to remember that I gave it to him.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 02-21-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:00 PM   #55
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

End of non-sequitur.
My tribute to Parkland
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:24 PM   #56
kjb023
Major Leagues

Well I, for one, am excited for Perfect Team...
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:37 PM   #57
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I am too though I'm skeptical of it. Most of the ultimate team modes were a little rough right out of the gate. It'll all depends on how the games are played and how easy or hard it'll be to get players. If they use the stupidity that EA uses like contracts. I'm hoping it'll be a blast

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:15 PM   #58
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There are so many things that need improvement in this game and this is what they decide to spend development time on? I hope it works because they've lost a purchase from me and likely future purchases. I've bought every version even when I knew I would barely play it because I wanted to support the game. Not doing that now with this selling out to this micro-transaction bull crap.
I don't use micro transactions either but I believe Markus when he says he will always have OOTPxx for those of us who just play. The last 14 years have been so rewarding to me that I'll support it until I can't.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #59
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorry to hear spleen. I know you’ve been around as long as I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2018, 10:49 AM   #60
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure why anyone would be upset about the microtransactions being in the game for a specific game mode that doesn't have an effect on the main game.

Nothing was taken away from development, they have new people working on the game mode that uses microtransactions and the same people are working the main game same as always.

I don't like microtransactions either but it has zero effect if you play the game the normal way.

Either way, sad to see a regular hang up the cleats. Sad to hear

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote