Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:26 PM   #121
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

As a medium-term lurker of this forum and relatively new player of OOTP (since about 2013), I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the developers of this game!

One way to thank you guys is to buy the dang game (which I pre-ordered a few days back), sure. But, with the unfortunate direction in which a certain popular console baseball game has been going lately, it's so nice to see there is a home out there for folks like me who really want a lot of detail and strive to be as "sim" as possible. I really hope this is a BIG year for OOTP and that there's a nice spike in sales.

LOL @ "nothing update for way too much money." I see this lengthy features list and ask myself: why can't other game developers give us so much "nothing" for this much money, too? I'll take that over getting actual nothing for, say, $60.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #122
TwinsTHunter
Minors (Double A)

Is there going to be anyway to replace a suspended player during their suspension? As far as I remember you can't put a suspended player on the DL, so was curious if there's any plans to create a suspension list so you can maintain a full roster when players get suspended for fighting (or PED use like real life Jorge Polanco)

Can't wait until tomorrow!!
TwinsTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #123
christopherpmoreno
Minors (Single A)

from what i've seen so far, this game is amazing!!! you guys continue to put out an outstanding product year after year, thanks for all the hard work!
christopherpmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #124
Bill Veeck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am just shocked at how comprehensive, intuitive and ________ this latest version is. The fill-in-the-blank word is larger than any particular word I can think of to describe the accomplishment all these years of work has led to.

Congratulations to everyone who has worked on this and to everyone who has supported their work to this point. They couldn't have created all this without your support.
Bill Veeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:59 PM   #125
CrescentMoonie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Turn off automatic league evolution or simply expand your league manually, or move expansion minor league teams around manually if you do not like the way thew game handles it. Problem solved.

And "on yet another nothing update for way too much money" made me laugh out loud, seriously.
So...basically your response to a valid complaint is a middle finger. Great response from the developer sitting in the echo chamber.

Even manual expansion screws up the minor league levels because it's programmed incorrectly and has been from the start. There are FOUR full season minor league levels and you continuously put out a game that is programmed to have three. When expansion comes around, teams either get an Advanced A or regular A league team, but not both which is what the real world looks like in baseball and has for 2 decades.

Instead of passing the buck, how about fixing the obviously wrong situation? Just because the sycophants here slobber all over everything you do, that doesn't mean you can give an F You to anyone who points out a legitimate flaw in a game that you refuse to fix.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:02 AM   #126
CrescentMoonie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsTHunter View Post
I really don't mean for this to sound defensive, and you are certainly free to spend your money how you please, but these issues can be fixed manually (as I'm sure you know)
When expansion occurs, you're given the option for minor league teams at the AAA, AA, and A levels. The problem is that there is A+ and A that are both full season and this game is not programmed to handle them correctly. It's a glaring flaw that several people have pointed out for years now and not only has it not been fixed, but they've tried to argue that it isn't wrong.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:11 PM   #127
Mancandy
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Turn off automatic league evolution or simply expand your league manually, or move expansion minor league teams around manually if you do not like the way thew game handles it. Problem solved.

And "on yet another nothing update for way too much money" made me laugh out loud, seriously.
The fact that you didn't acknowledge the last and most important part made me laugh out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
I'll pay even more money if you set it up for us to be GM and have the expansion team start drafting and populating its minor league system a year before taking the field.
This. For the love of all that is holy, this times 1000. I would take this over all of the upgrades on the last couple versions combined. That and some semblance of a build a stadium feature are all this game desperately needs.
Mancandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:16 PM   #128
alec.thomas11
Bat Boy

Anyone know why my stats screen looks like this instead of the new layout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alec.thomas11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #129
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

WIndows users: to take a screenshot, just type Ctrl+Alt+PrntScrn. That will put a copy of the screen into your clipboard and then you can open up Paint and press Ctrl-V to paste it in there. Boom, you don't have to take a picture of your screen with your phone.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:35 AM   #130
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The number of panels you get across on the stats screen will vary with screen resolution. Looks like anything less than 1440 across you'll only have space for 2 categories wide and will have a little blank space on the screen.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #131
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
When expansion occurs, you're given the option for minor league teams at the AAA, AA, and A levels. The problem is that there is A+ and A that are both full season and this game is not programmed to handle them correctly. It's a glaring flaw that several people have pointed out for years now and not only has it not been fixed, but they've tried to argue that it isn't wrong.
You know what - you're right. That's a flaw. Ideally, there should be more of a distinction among the A levels, and automatic expansion doesn't handle that situation well.

But dude, get some perspective.

You're like someone who won't buy a house because you don't like the towel holders in the bathrooms. And not only do you dislike the towel holders, you go on and on and on about how awful the towel holders are, as if the towel holders are the most important feature of any house, and that anyone with half a brain would likewise reject an otherwise ideal house because of the lousy towel holders. What everyone else here is saying is: "THEY'RE FREAKIN' TOWEL HOLDERS! If you don't like them, then replace them with something else!"

As EVERYONE has pointed out, if you don't like how the game handles expansion, you can do it manually. It takes a little bit of extra effort, but it's quite easy. And it's not like expansion happens every third week of the season. So once every ten seasons or so you have to add a couple of extra A-level minor-league clubs for expansion teams. Big deal! Seriously, if you can't handle that, maybe OOTP isn't the right game for you. I'd suggest something a little less challenging, like Chutes and Ladders.

And you can be satisfied that your concerns have been heard. I glanced at your post history and EVERY post that you've submitted - except for one - has been about this issue. Look, we get it - you don't think the game handles expansion teams' A-level minors correctly. Duly noted. It's time now to move on. If you think the game is unplayable because of this flaw, then go and play something else. Continuing on as you do has gone beyond advocating for a position and has descended into common trolling.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:45 AM   #132
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

I cannot even take crescent seriously when one of his posts on the subject he says to make it manual. A lot of people suggested that and he sounds down on the idea that he had to do any of the work. It's a game with so many options you have to MANUALLY put together to make it your league. Why is moving a team or two in minors the biggest holdup? Sounds like he's here just to bitch and not have a solution.

Chop On: Atlanta Braves
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:56 AM   #133
CrescentMoonie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
As EVERYONE has pointed out, if you don't like how the game handles expansion, you can do it manually.
Except that it still doesn't work. Even if you manually add teams to what should be the A+ leagues, the game does not promote players through the system that way with expansion teams.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:59 AM   #134
CrescentMoonie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck.nicholas View Post
I cannot even take crescent seriously when one of his posts on the subject he says to make it manual. A lot of people suggested that and he sounds down on the idea that he had to do any of the work. It's a game with so many options you have to MANUALLY put together to make it your league. Why is moving a team or two in minors the biggest holdup? Sounds like he's here just to bitch and not have a solution.

For those who can't/won't read, it doesn't actually work manually. Expansion occurs, teams get only one single A full season team, and even if you create one for the level that is missed, the players don't promote through correctly.

The game is programmed for 3 full season minor league levels and that is wrong and has been for decades. Markus refuses to fix something that has been shown, over and over again, to be wrong because he knows that there's a base of people who will buy the game no matter what even when it has an obvious major flaw that should have been fixed years ago.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:53 AM   #135
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Awesome improvements! Can't wait to switch to OOTP19!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote