Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
julius
Minors (Single A)

Update this week?

I understand that you are planning an update, since enough issues appear to have accumulated to make it difficult for some of us to run a league for any length of time. I am holding off re-starting a new league until we see what the fixes are (I expect some fixes might not be available for saved leagues) Are you still planning to release an update this week?
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
Cole
Hall Of Famer

As soon as details are available to be shared about an update, they will be shared by the developers.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

hmm. is it true that it may not work for saved_games? If so, would it work for quicksaves?
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

We will release update #3 later this week (at the moment I hope we get it out Friday morning German time in time for the weekend). It will concentrate on bug fixing but also has some new additions as well.

Regarding save game compatible: the update is save game compatible except for database changes (e.g. we added KHL skater career stats to the game), which only work in new started games (that will be the case with all updates).

As far as I know we fixed all reported crashes (in case we could reproduce them) and tried to fix at least the high priority bugs as well.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:15 AM   #5
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

It's german morning ..... I saw where JeffR said that the RiverDrivers correction is too late for this update..... that should mean ready for take-off, right?

Thanks
Old 10-23-2015, 02:28 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Had some problems overnight with something we added yesterday, that may set us back a little. We'll post more when we have a better idea when we can get it out.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:42 AM   #7
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Hey it's your product .. I am just a sim-darling who is dependent on it ... gotta trust that you will ensure of the goods when the goods are ready to be delivered :-)
Old 10-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #8
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Had some problems overnight with something we added yesterday, that may set us back a little. We'll post more when we have a better idea when we can get it out.
Take the time to make the update solid.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:21 PM   #9
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Regarding save game compatible: the update is save game compatible except for database changes (e.g. we added KHL skater career stats to the game), which only work in new started games (that will be the case with all updates).

That's a neat addition, but have the issues with the WHA playoff stats showing up as Stanley Cup playoff stats been resolved?
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:37 AM   #10
jwr38
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
make it work should be the biggest goal. I would rather have a patch that lets me play the game than get a patch, test and then need to wait weeks again for another patch.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:44 AM   #11
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Is there a list of whats included in the patch?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:10 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like it'll be early next week for the patch. Malte tried working out the problems from the late addition and batted .500, one thing's good and another not so much. Sebastian and I also both had offline commitments this weekend, so we'll get things sorted out, maybe get a few more fixes in, and then get it out. On the bright side, this may let us get a bunch of new research data and fixes in that would've had to wait until the next update otherwise.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #13
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Looks like it'll be early next week for the patch. Malte tried working out the problems from the late addition and batted .500, one thing's good and another not so much. Sebastian and I also both had offline commitments this weekend, so we'll get things sorted out, maybe get a few more fixes in, and then get it out. On the bright side, this may let us get a bunch of new research data and fixes in that would've had to wait until the next update otherwise.
Thanks,Jeff, keep up the good work.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:54 AM   #14
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Hello, Gute Donnerstagmorgen,

What I really want to ask is when should we expect to get the update ... but I'll hold off on that....

But if not that ?, are we going to get a list of what the update will include and solve? Thanks
Old 10-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #15
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

I'm hoping it is coming soon, as my save is dead right now, hoping that the patch will fix the historical crash that i'm getting (talked about in the Tech Support thread).
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #16
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
I'm hoping it is coming soon, as my save is dead right now, hoping that the patch will fix the historical crash that i'm getting (talked about in the Tech Support thread).
SSG Hockey is excited for this update as well to continue, but also know the importance of getting things fixed versus rushing something out the door.

Keep up the love for us online leagues, and thanks for all of the work on these updates!
Old 10-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #17
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
SSG Hockey is excited for this update as well to continue, but also know the importance of getting things fixed versus rushing something out the door.

Keep up the love for us online leagues, and thanks for all of the work on these updates!
Absolutely. Was more stating my hope, definitely would rather them get it right.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:35 AM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

Hang in there, guys. One of the apparently-easy things we needed to fix turned into Sebastian having to rewrite a large section of code, which he just finished earlier today. Going by my testing tonight, looks like it worked, though.