Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

What's Your Fictional League?

So, with the release under 2 weeks away...

I thought it'd be cool to share our fictional leagues for those that are planning on doing one. Here's my alignment with colors and logos (that are still a work in progress). If you're wondering, I'm planning on starting with a 26 team league, symbolized with an 'X' next to the team, and then expanding to 32 over time since 6 is the limit. I really wanted to start with a 16 team league but I don't want it to cap at 22.

Supreme Hockey League (SHL)

Last edited by thirdsaint; 09-15-2015 at 10:45 AM.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Logos are awesome man, good job.

But it's news to me that you can only cap a game with one expansion and six teams total. I had plans of taking a fictional league through a semi-historical expansion like the NHL, but I guess that's dead now.
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

It's three expansions with two teams each time.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-27-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbm View Post
Logos are awesome man, good job.

But it's news to me that you can only cap a game with one expansion and six teams total. I had plans of taking a fictional league through a semi-historical expansion like the NHL, but I guess that's dead now.
Yeah, what Orioles said, it's 3 expansions with 2 teams each. One of the devs said they'll look to expand that in the future which is good. I had the same hopes. I think I'm also going to create a 16 team league and hope that I can carry it over to future versions of FHM and have the ability to keep expanding it to get to 32 teams.

As for the logos, I ripped them all from somewhere or another so I can't take any credit. If I had the time I'd make my own. Instead I just take out any city text, change the colors, add a puck here or there and call them my own.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #5
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
It's three expansions with two teams each time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Yeah, what Orioles said, it's 3 expansions with 2 teams each. One of the devs said they'll look to expand that in the future which is good. I had the same hopes. I think I'm also going to create a 16 team league and hope that I can carry it over to future versions of FHM and have the ability to keep expanding it to get to 32 teams.
Ah I see.

Is there a way that anyone knows of where you can take the data from some previous seasons of play and transfer it, even manually, to a new game, basically starting a new game every time there's an expansion?

Quote:
As for the logos, I ripped them all from somewhere or another so I can't take any credit. If I had the time I'd make my own. Instead I just take out any city text, change the colors, add a puck here or there and call them my own.
Fair enough! But either way, you did a nice job making them your own.
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If I cap the expansion(except for 36 teams),I plan too start all over with the capped league(s) and start expansion again. I am more interested in expansion rather than League Histories.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #7
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I had started to gather together some logos to use for my fictional league, which will be probably 24 to 26 teams to start, with one conference North America and the other conference European ..

However, now that I see some of the work being done on Facegen jerseys, I'm thinking I'll likely end up deciding my teams based on what fictional jerseys are available as I will want to have jerseys for each team and won't want to burden the modders with (too many) requests.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #8
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I had started to gather together some logos to use for my fictional league, which will be probably 24 to 26 teams to start, with one conference North America and the other conference European ..

However, now that I see some of the work being done on Facegen jerseys, I'm thinking I'll likely end up deciding my teams based on what fictional jerseys are available as I will want to have jerseys for each team and won't want to burden the modders with (too many) requests.
Yeah, I'm hoping it'll be easy to make my own so I won't have to bug them too much either. I mainly picked my logos with the chest piece in mind given that hockey naturally has the best looking jerseys with the logo front and center.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:08 PM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

here's my baseball team names.

I will bring the hockey markets over and keep the names. Will have to lose alot of the non hockey markets or at least limit them (*cough *cough California) But the Toronto Tigers will change to the Toronto Lions. The Hamilton Tigers already claimed the name! The North Toronto Blues will be coming too and the BC Storm.
Attached Images

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-15-2015 at 10:10 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:28 AM   #10
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Would be great to have a creator program to not burden modders..

With that said, I posted this, and this is what I have in FHM14 which was only purchased to make this league in anticipation that one would carry over the league into the new game (thought I'd spend 15-20 bucks on time than the game...ie time to make the league before the release of then FHM15)

but ah well .... if there is not a sweater creator program and can't import this league ... well, I guess I will be making requests ...

But here is my league, can even share the rosters as I intend to work out the rosters I made into FHM2

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-modders.html
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #11
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
Would be great to have a creator program to not burden modders..

With that said, I posted this, and this is what I have in FHM14 which was only purchased to make this league in anticipation that one would carry over the league into the new game (thought I'd spend 15-20 bucks on time than the game...ie time to make the league before the release of then FHM15)

but ah well .... if there is not a sweater creator program and can't import this league ... well, I guess I will be making requests ...

But here is my league, can even share the rosters as I intend to work out the rosters I made into FHM2

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-modders.html
Yeah, I would love those mod programs too and I'm sure someone will create them in time. In the meantime, I hope the templates are easy enough for me to use Photoshop to change jersey colors, etc.

I already use Photoshop for my baseball league jerseys since I love the 'star' system used in soccer to denote championships a team has won. Every year I add a star to the team's jersey who won and will do the same in hockey.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #12
Evok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
I already use Photoshop for my baseball league jerseys since I love the 'star' system used in soccer to denote championships a team has won. Every year I add a star to the team's jersey who won and will do the same in hockey.
I will totaly do that too !! My league is still in creation however, so i'll post it later !
Evok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:04 AM   #13
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

24 team, 2 conference, 4 division league with an 84 game schedule like the 92/93 NHL season.

United Hockey League (UHL)

Eastern Conference
Atlantic Division______North Division
New York___________Detroit
Philadelphia_________Minneapolis
Buffalo_____________Chicago
Pittsburgh___________Cleveland
Boston_____________Ottawa
Montreal____________Toronto

Western Conference
Central Division________Pacific Division
St. Louis_____________San Jose
Dallas_______________Los Angeles
Phoenix_____________Seattle
Denver______________Portland
Calgary______________Las Vegas
Edmonton____________Vancouver

24 Real minor league teams (undecided on which teams)

Fictional Juniors
North American Junior League Hockey League
18 Teams 3 Divisions (East, Central, West)
12 Canadian Teams
6 U.S. Teams (PA, NY, MI, MN, WA, AK)

I'm also really anal and would like to have a league with a balanced division or conference schedule. Hopefully there is a built-in schedule for a 16 or 12 team league.

East
New York
Philadelphia
Boston
Tampa
Washington
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

West
Detroit
Chicago
Minneapolis
St. Louis
Los Angeles
Calgary
Edmonton
Vancouver

I would love:
88 Game schedule
Conference: 8 Games (4H/4A) against each opponent (56games)
Non-conference 4 games (2H/2A) against each opponent (32games)

Last edited by GiantYankee; 09-18-2015 at 12:24 AM.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #14
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Keep 'em coming guys, I like seeing all the different ways people play and leagues they create.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:01 AM   #15
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

KONTINENTAL HOCKEY LEAGUE-NORTH AMERICA (KHL-NA)
EASTERN CONFERENCE
ATLANTIC DIVISION
New England Blazers(Springfield,MASS)
Providence Reds
Boston Braves
Philadelphia Spartans
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Arrows
Carolina Cougars(Greensboro,NC)
Nova Scotia Explorers(Halifax,NS)

CENTRAL DIVISION
Toronto Rifles
Montreal Voyaguers
Birmingham Barons
Cincinnati Tigers
Texas Outlaws(El Paso,TX)
Dallas-Forth Worth Spurs(Dallas,TX)
Detroit Express
Michigan Stags(Detroit,MI)

WESTERN CONFERENCE
WESTERN DIVISION
Kansas City-Omaha Knights(KC,MO)
Salt Lake City Golden Eagles
Tucson Mavericks
Denver Bears
Utah Grizzlies(Provo,UT)
Fort Worth Wings
Colorado Gold Miners(Colorado Springs,CO)

PACIFIC DIVISION
Oakland Seals
Anaheim Amigos
San Francisco Spiders
San Diego Toros
Los Angeles Aztecs
Seattle Totems
California Cobras(Fresno,CA)

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-18-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:21 PM   #16
julius
Minors (Single A)

This has been very interesting. I have a league that I have tuned in one way or another through several simulations over the years, and involves editing virtually every player and team. If possible I start a league 15 years or so before my 'official' detailed play with it so that I can draft/edit players at 18 each year and have the game build up stats for them. After 15 years of otherwise quick simulation, the players and league should be seasoned with a pretty detailed and coherent history, which aids in the immersion. This also provides a bit of a break in editing since you are only editing one age group at a time between simulating seasons. Anyways, this is the plan for FHM2.... Also, I hope to start with the NHL (historical?), and to edit that, rather than using the fictional option, just so I can retain the rest of the hockey world as part of my fictional NHL replacement league.

Here is the latest evolution of the league (32 teams)

Atlantic Division
Quebec Remparts
Ottawa Barons
Boston Bruins
Detroit Red Wings
Toronto Maple Leafs
Montreal Maroons
Cleveland Greys
Hamilton Bulldogs

Metro Division
New York Americans
Cincinnati Tigers
Florida Panthers
Pittsburgh Hornets
New Jersey Giants
Halifax Grey Gaels
Baltimore Clippers
Philadelphia Flyers

Central Division
St. Louis Blues
Dallas Rangers
Houston Hurricanes
Milwaukee Badgers
Chicago Black Hawks
Minnesota Wolverines
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Atlanta Eagles

Pacific Division
Seattle Thunderbirds
San Francisco Bulls
Calgary Golden Bears
Edmonton Oil Kings
Regina Pats
Los Angeles Raiders
Denver Bison
Vancouver Seahawks
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:07 AM   #17
landru22
Major Leagues

I plan on bringing my long-running fictional league, the Super Hockey League, into FHM2 (as I did with FHM1). I started this league around 1971 or 1972. It has goone through many different structures and I have used many different programs to simulate it over the years (FHM1, SimonT Hockey Sim, Faceoff Hockey, and my own program to name a few).

Last season, the Chicago Chargers won their first ever Morris Cup Championship. The league is as follows:

Eastern Conference
East Division-------------------North Division:

Florida Glades-----------------Buffalo Blades
Long Island Burners----------Boston Stranglers
New York Comets-------------Montreal Canadiens
Philadelphia Crusaders------Quebec Cobras
Pittsburgh Pythons------------Toronto Toros
-------------------------------------Ottawa Centurions

Western Conference
Central Division---------------West Division:

Chicago Chargers------------Los Angeles Firebirds
St.Louis Stingers-------------San Jose Seals
Texas Rustlers----------------Colorado Six Shooters
Detroit Blazers----------------Calgary Chiefs
Minnesota Monarchs--------Edmonton Originals
------------------------------------Vancouver Pucks

I will likely expand to two more teams in the upcoming season to even out the divisions. The Washington Eagles and Winnipeg Falcons will likely be the two expansion teams.

Last edited by landru22; 09-19-2015 at 10:10 AM.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #18
bhrangerfan0809
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I plan on creating a world with leagues of national teams (continental leagues). Basically the assumption would be that this is a world where hockey is the most popular sport and every country plays it. So every country competes for their continent's championship and those champions meet in a World Hockey Championship to determine the world champ.
bhrangerfan0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:33 PM   #19
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

12 Team League

EAST
New York Knights
Philadelphia Seals
Detroit Mastodons
Toronto Huskies
Montreal Owls
Ottawa Nationals

WEST
Chicago Wolves
Minneapolis Loons
St. Louis Spartans
Calgary Cowboys
Edmonton Wildcats
Vancouver Caribou
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:51 AM   #20
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

They are saying now that Fictional Leagues can expand until the leagues reach 36 teams. The Fictional Leagues Minor Leagues won't be able to expand(no biggie in my books),