Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
JeffHaber
Bat Boy

A Few Quick Questions

Hi all - I'm new to the game and I'm looking to start a game starting in 1900 so I have a few questions.

A) What are some good add-ons to download for this type of game?

B) If I choose to play as the Dodgers - does the team automatically relocate to LA or do I have to do it manually? If I don't relocate the team, do the Mets become a team in the 1960s lol? I read somewhere that the game can automatically add expansion teams to your league the year they really came into the MLB in real life.

C) When I get to the 2000s, will players currently in the minors (Oscar Tavares for example) be available to be drafted?

Thanks! - Jeff
JeffHaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHaber View Post
Hi all - I'm new to the game and I'm looking to start a game starting in 1900 so I have a few questions.

A) What are some good add-ons to download for this type of game?

B) If I choose to play as the Dodgers - does the team automatically relocate to LA or do I have to do it manually? If I don't relocate the team, do the Mets become a team in the 1960s lol? I read somewhere that the game can automatically add expansion teams to your league the year they really came into the MLB in real life.

C) When I get to the 2000s, will players currently in the minors (Oscar Tavares for example) be available to be drafted?

Thanks! - Jeff
A.) If you like Facegen, the Historical Facegen Project's work is absolutely fantastic. If you like actual photographs, there are options there, too. There are also historical stadium files available in add-on central that adjust the ballparks to their real life park factors for each season (by pstrickert.)

B. You'll be able to set that when you set up an historical league. You can easily set it up with a couple of clicks so that the Dodgers automatically move to LA, the league expands and teams move correctly, rule changes come into play at their correct times, and so that changes in the style of the game reflect real life (more or less offense, etc.

C. Players are available to be drafted the year they first made an appearance in the major leagues, so in the case of a player who has never had a MLB PA or IP, they would not be available to draft at any point. If you're not playing with statistical recalculation on this can occasionally lead to some unexpected results when a player's first season featured very few ABs or IPs, as the game will adjust them downward significantly (unless you turn that off, which can cause problems of its own, as a guy who had 4 ABs in a season and went 2-4 with a homer or something would have unbelievable ratings.)

Have fun!

Edit: I would highly recommend the file in this link as the best option for Facegens:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...egen-pack.html

That builds on the Historical Facegen Project's work, adjusting the coloring of many of the facegens, especially of older players where black and white or sepia photos were used to generate the Facegens, causing zombielike results.

For actual photos, the Gambo/wil_T photopack in add-on central is probably the go to pick.

Last edited by Ruthian23; 05-02-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
JeffHaber
Bat Boy

Thanks for all the info!
JeffHaber is offline   Reply With Quote