Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Online Leagues

OOTP 20 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 20 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 02-01-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Creating an online league

I have been trying and it is not working. I have the FTP set up in the settings and tested it and it uploads and all looks good. But when I send out a quick join message, the copy it to the clipboard and it does not work! It says it is an invalid code.

I found the thread where you have to copy over the .dat file for it to work, but that does not help either.

Let me explain what I am trying to do.

I want to create an online league and myself and a friend are the only humans that are playing. Computer player on all the other teams. We are using the 1961 season. I am the Tigers and he will be the Yankees.

OK, so 1st thing is I have to get the other guy to join the league, make his changes and upload them. Then that is where I get confused. For my team can I just go in and make the changes since I am commish then upload them to the server?

Is there a walk though somewhere on the site to show me how to do it?
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:01 PM   #2
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedian2019 View Post
I have been trying and it is not working. I have the FTP set up in the settings and tested it and it uploads and all looks good. But when I send out a quick join message, the copy it to the clipboard and it does not work! It says it is an invalid code.

I found the thread where you have to copy over the .dat file for it to work, but that does not help either.

Let me explain what I am trying to do.

I want to create an online league and myself and a friend are the only humans that are playing. Computer player on all the other teams. We are using the 1961 season. I am the Tigers and he will be the Yankees.

OK, so 1st thing is I have to get the other guy to join the league, make his changes and upload them. Then that is where I get confused. For my team can I just go in and make the changes since I am commish then upload them to the server?

Is there a walk though somewhere on the site to show me how to do it?
If you are simming the games then you don't even need to export to the server. The changes you make will already be in your game. You will just need to download your friend's export before every sim to get his changes into your game.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #3
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbD View Post
If you are simming the games then you don't even need to export to the server. The changes you make will already be in your game. You will just need to download your friend's export before every sim to get his changes into your game.
That is what I did, but the problem is he cannot download the initial file to join the team. It says it is a bad archive.

But I also tested something. I went in as ACT AS a manager and made changes to the lineup. I then simulated the game for a week and looked at the box scores and it did not make the changes that I told it to.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:53 PM   #4
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

I can't believe that no one can help me to get this started.

The beta people that were in charge of this section of the game should be ashamed. It does not work!!
Old 02-25-2020, 10:38 PM   #5
84CubsFan
Major Leagues

I can try to help you.

What is the exact error you’re getting when your friend is trying to download the league?
84CubsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:38 AM   #6
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84CubsFan View Post
I can try to help you.

What is the exact error you’re getting when your friend is trying to download the league?
Thanks... I am waiting to hear from him to know.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbD View Post
So if he is controlling the yankees and i want to control the tigers I create a 2nd human manager (me) and make changes as commish,, do I need to do an ACT AS to do it or just being commish change it?
Old 02-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #8
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Just create yourself as the manager to control your team. You can then do things as the commish. I'd password protect that portion at the least.

The problem with the league file for your friend (as I understand you) is either in the naming or some syntax. I assume you're uploading the initial file for him somewhere. He has to get that outside the game the first time. Then he can update inside the game from then on.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote