Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #61
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
There is no cost to enter tournaments.

No, tournaments will not have a gambling element associated with them

Can you leave a tourney after you jined and league has not begun. I'm 1 in 64 to join so far
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #62
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Suggestion

When you enter a tournament and import your players in, can their strategies also be imported? Like base running, stealing, etc. I do a lot of tweaking during PT to the hitters.

I actually do not do much tweaking to the pitchers, but if I have Brock or Rickey I want them to be aggressive on the base paths.

I am surprised that that rating is not automatically raised for the speedsters or for the higher rated power hitters DO NOT PH!

Just a though.
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #63
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedian2019 View Post
When you enter a tournament and import your players in, can their strategies also be imported? Like base running, stealing, etc.
They are.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:07 PM   #64
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Can you leave a tourney after you jined and league has not begun. I'm 1 in 64 to join so far
You can always withdraw. Open the box for the description of it and the withdraw button is in the lower left corner.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #65
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
You can't. They are created automatically, server-side.

Can we perhaps balance more toward the smaller tournaments, then?

The big 128-team jobs seem to expire without ever filling up.

They just don't seem to be worth playing, in risk [6 days until start time !!?wtf?!!?]-reward [1st round washout] terms.

Additionally, their graphics load time every round are omg just shoot me.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:17 PM   #66
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

What does modified double elimination mean?

I joined a q-diamond dblel-t32-id20. Eliminated in the QF with 1 loss. Doesn't seem logical to call it a double elimination. This is essentially a RR tournament with single elimination without RR. 3 rounds of double elimination then single elimination. Why not call it double elimination for 3 rounds then single elimination. If this is intended it should be worded differently or a link to a tournament rules page.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:13 AM   #67
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
What does modified double elimination mean?

I joined a q-diamond dblel-t32-id20. Eliminated in the QF with 1 loss. Doesn't seem logical to call it a double elimination. This is essentially a RR tournament with single elimination without RR. 3 rounds of double elimination then single elimination. Why not call it double elimination for 3 rounds then single elimination. If this is intended it should be worded differently or a link to a tournament rules page.
It's 2 rounds of double-elimination, then drops into a regular elimination bracket. Same way it's handled in the regular game.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:39 AM   #68
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
It's 2 rounds of double-elimination, then drops into a regular elimination bracket. Same way it's handled in the regular game.
Then this is not a double elimination tournament. I'm not certain what this would be called, but double elimination should mean double elimination, otherwise it is something else. The tournament descriptions need to be reworked as what is currently displayed is EXTREMELY unclear and confusing.

As a fan of college baseball, I was hoping for something that looked more like the NCAA playoffs.

EDIT: Sorry, it appears I was editing this to clarify my thoughts better as a reply was being written

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 11-16-2019 at 06:43 AM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #69
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Then this is not a double elimination tournament. I'm not certain what this would be called, but double elimination should mean double elimination, otherwise it is something else.

As a fan of college baseball, I was hoping for something that looked more like that...
Yeah, it's a modified double elimination.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:44 AM   #70
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah, it's a modified double elimination.
Double elimination implies that two losses are required to be eliminated. This needs to be explained better to allow players to set appropriate expectations and not be frustrated when the outcome does not match their expectations and we get bounced after a single loss.

Primary Team

Old 11-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #71
daves
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way to see all tournaments you participated in rather than 6 on the main page?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #72
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Is there a way to see all tournaments you participated in rather than 6 on the main page?
click the 'your tournaments' tab.... it will show all the tourneys you signed up for...
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #73
TheNamelessPoet
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Then this is not a double elimination tournament. I'm not certain what this would be called, but double elimination should mean double elimination, otherwise it is something else. The tournament descriptions need to be reworked as what is currently displayed is EXTREMELY unclear and confusing.

As a fan of college baseball, I was hoping for something that looked more like the NCAA playoffs.

EDIT: Sorry, it appears I was editing this to clarify my thoughts better as a reply was being written
we always call it just Modified Double elimination. you are not guaranteed 2 loses but you are guaranteed 2 matches

* edit
just realized it was already explained sorry

Last edited by TheNamelessPoet; 11-18-2019 at 02:10 PM.
TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #74
mondokoko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great! This is reassuring.
mondokoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:14 PM   #75
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNamelessPoet View Post
we always call it just Modified Double elimination. you are not guaranteed 2 loses but you are guaranteed 2 matches

* edit
just realized it was already explained sorry
Thank you all for the explanations. However, to help all players manage expectations appropriately, please explain this in game. It is great that we are consistent with the terminology, but this "we" excludes many of us who have been ignorant.

Primary Team

Old 11-18-2019, 06:35 PM   #76
TheNamelessPoet
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thank you all for the explanations. However, to help all players manage expectations appropriately, please explain this in game. It is great that we are consistent with the terminology, but this "we" excludes many of us who have been ignorant.
agreed. it's easy to forget (myself anyway) that just because I know due to my own relative unique situation, that others dont know what was meant :-)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:50 AM   #77
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Yeah, we've added a little extra to the detailed tournament description in-game with the latest update.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:56 AM   #78
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah, we've added a little extra to the detailed tournament description in-game with the latest update.
Awesome! Thank you!

And to clarify (especially since it was mentioned that user response is causing a move away from this setting), there is nothing inherently wrong with Modified Double Elimination. It was simply that I was expecting something very different from what I got. Had my expectations been more aligned with this tournament, I would have had no issues with any of this whatsoever. Sorry if I came across as too critical of either tournaments or of Modified Double Elimination.

Primary Team

Old 11-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #79
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

This above. In no way was there an explanation for the "modified" part, so it invariably ended up throwing people (me included) well off. That is the main problem here.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #80
skep
Minors (Double A)

A few points of feedback.

- I'm really enjoying this.

- There should be daily/weekly tournaments for bronze.

- Focus should be on larger daily/weekly/monthly tournaments.

- If queues are filling up really quickly, you should make the # of players larger. The small bronze queues are filling up too quickly, make those 8s into 16s and those 16s into 32s.

- There should be a way to blank slate your team to start from scratch. I've currently got a mess of default teams that aren't what I want and the tournaments go off before I can fix the team!

- On that note, there should be a way to create a team outside of the pressure of a queue or scheduled start. Let us select Tournament > Bronze or lower and then have an environment similar to the tournament roster to create our team and save to file.

- Cap tournaments should be the "premiere" tournaments because the range of strategy is so wide.

The big Sunday Bronze tournament with 128 players may not have paid out prizes. I got 3rd/4th and never got my gold packs.

All in all I think you've done a pretty fantastic job for the first iteration of this. Cheers.

Last edited by skep; 11-19-2019 at 04:29 PM.
skep is offline   Reply With Quote