Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 01-31-2020, 01:54 AM   #161
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

More of the same

Max threw a no-hitter, Yates had a 4 strikeout inning and went to the AS game. Pitched an inning, walked a couple of guys and threw a WP just to add to the crazy, and got the save.

July 11-13 (.458). Season 49-56 (.467). Division 3rd, Overall 15th.

Steady decline that will not stop until the season does. Too many teeth in the water makes for some uninteresting reporting.

Maybe we’ll bottom out below the death line, that’d be great! 57 games of snapping teeth remain.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:16 AM   #162
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Patiently waiting

For this season to end. Plonked in the middle, neither rising nor falling. Perfect Hell.

60-73 (.451). Division 3rd Overall 15th. September will be worse, but not enough worse.

What’s the bloody point?

Hope the sharks are having fun. Someone should.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:07 AM   #163
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

It's finally over. 77-85 (.475) Division 3rd Overall 16th.

Shark Prime (.784) and 4 minnows (49 or more games back). In the NCE, #2 team was 54 GB. The league has six hundred-game winners and a lot of bait. Very very exciting and soooooo competitive.

No, really. Having the playoff teams decided by the end of April is what baseball is all about. A real thrill for all the fans.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:34 AM   #164
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post

Shark Prime (.784) and 4 minnows (49 or more games back). In the NCE, #2 team was 54 GB. The league has six hundred-game winners and a lot of bait. Very very exciting and soooooo competitive.

No, really. Having the playoff teams decided by the end of April is what baseball is all about. A real thrill for all the fans.

yeah, it does kill the interest level when one team completely obliterates the rest of the league.... last season in my league I had one of the only truly competitive divisions (the gap between 1st and 5th place in my division was smaller than the gap between 1st and 2nd in 4 of the other 5 divisions ); and it wasn't like mine was the sad-sack sub-500 bunch as I won 92 games....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #165
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

I was just grumpy in general that mornin'.

Collections aren't going well, either.

Captain Grumpypants may just let the teams drift for a while.

Working on the ez collection, useless but at least the speculators don't have them all locked up in their vaults. Well, not all of em.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:14 AM   #166
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

2064 Season preliminary

Well, looks like this season is the opposite of the last. There are definitely sharks, but the majority are all piled into one division. Which means that, like sharks, they’re going to devour each other in a feeding frenzy?

They venture out of their division, too. But for much of the season, our waters are (relatively) shark-free. Looks like June is the primary gnashing teeth phase of this season, but zomg is June going to be ugly. Why are they all in our waters at the same time? Great White migratory pattern? Ask the scheduler. :shrug:

Apart from June, the rest of the season looks…average. So discounting the 15-20 games (plus or minus) we drop in June, we should be all right.

First month: Mar-Apr 14-12 (.538). Division 2nd, Overall 12th.

George Sisler stole home on against CC Sabathia. Sabathia can hold a baserunner, but he was distracted by a blonde in the stands (or something). Two pitches later Fisk hit a double, so it was rather a wasted effort.

A fairly unremarkable month otherwise.

Last edited by Lemandria; 02-04-2020 at 03:15 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:07 AM   #167
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post

At least the seasons are nice and compact...you can fit like 24 of them into a real one. So kinda if 1 of those 24 goes well, if you can reallllyy enjoy it, worth it.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:46 AM   #168
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Calm before the storm

Had one of those up and down months, hammered early and winning later, so in the end it all worked out to a draw. But this might be the season’s peak, because next month the sharks (virtually all of them) come to visit. I’ve hoisted the Shark Warning flags and ordered all of my Penguins out of the water, but you know they have little Penguins to feed.

It’s going to be grim and bloody. Just in time for the all star voting, too!

For May (most of it) 12-14 (.462). Overall 28-26 (.519), Division 2nd Overall 12th. The pitchers are not having great seasons, even before the sharks arrive, but at least the defense is defending. Batters are very hot (Pinson) or icy cold (Betts), so meh.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:12 AM   #169
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Pound of flesh

We actually played better than the model said we would, but those shark bites hurt. June was definitely oogly.

Everything is sunshine and roses from here on out, right? Well, better, anyway. More home games in the second half, for one thing, and quite a few less shark attacks in general. This should be the lowest point of the season (at least according to the modeling.)

For June, 11-15 (.423) Overall 39-43 (.476) Division 2nd Overall 16th. We’re 7½ GB of the division leader, so we probably won’t be catching him [FFXIV, MercuryLampe]. We’re not doing well in head-to-head play, so I presume he’s safe. Looks like we might have a decent crack at the wildcard, pending unforeseen disasters.

If Max doesn’t continue the way he’s pitching now. Ooof, it’s been a bad year for the staff Ace, worst ERA on the team. Offense has been pretty rotten, too.

We’re projected for 78 wins (way out, lots of error margin). I think we can do much better, once the sharks have moved on and the stars align.

Have faith, Penguin fans.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:46 AM   #170
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

And our All Star nominee is…

Ryu? Pitched one scoreless inning, one hit. At least he actually appeared in the game.

For July, 12-11 (.522). For the season, 52-54 (.491) Division 2nd Overall 15.

We’re out of the wildcard race, as far as I can see. It’s either catch up to the division leader or watch the post-season on television. We’re 5 GB, and we don’t do well against FFXIV. 9 games to play against him, 3 road and 6 home.

Looking pretty long shot, the press is not excited.

Max is finally pitching well, but he’s getting a reputation as a headhunter (12 HP in 23G, wowsa). We moved Clevinger in at #5, because he’s having an amazing year in the bullpen (BABIP .184, ERA 0.53 over 51 IP), so we’ll see if he can stand up in the starter job. Couldn’t do much worse than the previous parade of pitchers through the five hole.

Defense is humming along, the schedule ahead is mildly favorable (except for 26 road/24 home and one brief shark attack). But if we’re going to make up 5 games in two months, the offense needs to step it up.

Last edited by Lemandria; 02-07-2020 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #171
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I don't understand my offense sometimes. Both my 3rd basemen have hit under .200 and over .300 in 200+ plate appearances during different seasons...Mike Schmidt & Al Rosen...and Rosen hit something like .345.....198, Schmidt an even .300, and the same just below .200

Old 02-08-2020, 02:30 AM   #172
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Cooked

Nope, the offense didn’t step up. In fact, we shifted into reverse.

63-70 (.474) Division 2nd Overall 15th. Nothing to report, the season cannot be meaningful now.

The speculators have the collection bottlenecks in a stranglehold.

XX is over, too.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:08 AM   #173
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

2064 Finals

78-84 (.481) Division 2nd Overall 14th

Collections locked down by speculators, no progress in sight.

Awaiting next season’s assignment.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:01 AM   #174
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Welcome to 2065

The division is already decided.

Shark Prime (13 championships, 33 seasons) is off to one of those .815 starts. Oddly, we won’t see much of the Blue Rocks until September (10 games). So let’s hope we’re not in the middle of a tight wild card race in August, because the season will end with an explosion of bloody feathers.

Good news for him and his endgame positioning, I suppose.

The Twinkies (3 time champions) are only one game back. I presume he’ll overtake us at some point, and we’ll fall back to our traditional mediocre spot.

We’re playing well enough so far (16-9). Division 2nd, Overall 7th.

The scheduled shark attacks peak in Jun and Sept. So if you’re a season ticket holder, give tickets for those months to that cousin you don’t much like.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:16 AM   #175
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

I hear opera

Division 5th, Overall 20th. The shark attacks haven’t even peaked yet. It's going to get worse.

Last edited by Lemandria; 02-12-2020 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #176
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

A bit ehbasuhbuhba-er about how often the MLB regular season record for victories is broken.

It's Perfect Team but ...all perfect teams.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #177
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Most teams manage to do better than the 40-120 1962 New York Mets... I know there've been worse...

But I thought the range of wins at P level might end up normally mostly between 53 & 114 or so.

So you could say I'm surprised by the competition.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:26 AM   #178
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Meh. Looking forward at that brick wall heading towards us at high speed, and how many long-term goals I'll never teally finish...

Fresh start will be good for renewed optimism, I suppose.

But all of that unfinished business will just feel...disappointing.

Just get on with it, devfellas.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:29 AM   #179
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

ha

Old 02-12-2020, 09:35 AM   #180
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Will there be a nice big end-of-XX party? Birthday cake for all the kiddies?