Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 11-02-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

North American Hockey League

Here it goes, my first shot at a fictional League using FHM4. I created an 18 team league using some really nice uniforms and logos that the great people of this forum have made and started the North American Hockey League. 18 Major, 18 Minor and 31 junior teams to supply players.

Sadly, this draft, which I made the AI do the whole thing was 10 times worth of crazy. A lot of teams ended up with 9 or 10 defensemen and little to no forwards and others ended up with a boatload of centers. Not a whole lot of it made a lot of sense so some teams will have to make due with Dmen playing forward and some weird things happening for a few seasons. Hopefully it doesn't put me behind but if it does, I guess things will work itself out.

This league will be a lot higher scoring than most, closer to the 80s than now. I love open hockey and miss the days of players having 100 plus points and lots of them. Makes things a whole lot more exciting. With that little intro, Here is the set up of the league...
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Conferences and divisions

Canadian Conference

Western Division
Saskatoon Bisons
Red Deer Drillers
Edmonton Prospects
Calgary Outlaws

Eastern Division
Hamilton Tigers
Halifax Schooners
Montreal Machine
Ottawa Renegades (my team)
Toronto Rage

American Conference
Western Division
Houston Aeros
Seattle Emeralds
Portland Golden Flashes
Salt Lake Locomotives

Eastern Division
Charlotte Sizzle
Cleveland Snow Leopards
Rochester Jets
Milwaukee Storm
Omaha Red Hammers
Old 11-02-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Breakdown of the Renegades Roster

Screwed this post up, ignore this one and read farther down, sorry

Last edited by tcblcommish; 11-02-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

I'm a long time OOTP fictional player, bought FHM 2 but the game play seemed very buggy. Looking forward to following your fictional league and will maybe invest in FHM4.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:40 PM   #5
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Goaltenders

Last edited by tcblcommish; 11-02-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #6
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Defense

Last edited by tcblcommish; 11-02-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:06 PM   #7
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Forwards

Last edited by tcblcommish; 11-05-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:17 PM   #8
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Lines to start the Season

With the roster in place, the lines will be set as follows...

Some D are stuck as forwards until a couple of seasons go by or some trades open up.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:38 PM   #9
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Start of the 1980-81 Season

Not looking good for the season, they don't have us predicted to do much.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:52 PM   #10
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

First 5 games of the season

Not a great start to the season, we are 1-4-0. We did manage to shut out a team but really not much else going on. Our leading scorer is Dman Roy Dame with 2 goals and an assist. Chris McGee played all 5 games and has a 4.57 GAA. Things will need to get better quickly. This is a very rough start
Old 11-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #11
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Games 6 to 10

Well, the next 5 games were no better though once again seems like the games we win are shutouts. Chris McGee picked up his 2nd shutout of the season and his 2nd win this 5 games.

Brandon Reardon leads the team in scoring now with his 6 points. Captain Ashwood leads in goals with 3. Putrash, Bascombe and Ibbotson are bottom of the team in plus minus with minus 10. A massive problem with the team right now is our 5.6% power play. That needs to change now before long. We need goal scoring.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #12
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Games 11 to 15

This was a much better stretch of games as we went 4 and 1. Some very good goaltending and a much better powerplay. Moved some pieces around on the backend and worked the power play much, much better.

We are now 6-8-1 with 13 points in 15 games. Brian Manchester took over the lead in scoring with just 9 points tied with Reardon. The Captain, Dave Ashwood still leads the team in goals but it is becoming more of a team scoring to grind out game. Hopefully we can keep up the momentum.

GAME 11

GAME 12

GAME 13

GAME 14

GAME 15
Old 11-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #13
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Scoring After 15 Games

Old 11-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #14
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Games 16 to 20

Didn't start great for this set of games but ended well. Moved some players around and seemed to help a little. I think Chris McGee is going to die playing this season, so far he hasnt had a game off. Couple of injuries so far. Hogue and Lowry were both hurt though they won't miss any real time, just a few games.

GAME 16

GAME 17

GAME 18

GAME 19

GAME 20

Old 11-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #15
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Games 21 to 25

This is a very up and down team to say the least. Scoring is getting better I suppose but the D is getting weaker. Holes are being exposed with some injuries and goaltending is suspect at times. We are in desperate need of a back up goalie. Maybe a 5th and 6th D would be good too. So far, we are in a playoff spot, I think but I honestly forget how many teams make the playoffs. Sitting around .500 is about where I expected but hopefully we can push a little higher up the standings.

GAME 21

GAME 22

GAME 23

GAME 24

GAME 25

Old 11-12-2017, 01:33 AM   #16
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Games 26 to 30

Playing a little better the last little while. Ashwood is really showing why we decided to make him the captain. Chris McGee has been outstanding this season even though he is 14-15 but he has a 2.58 gaa and a 918 svpct. Ashwood is leading the team in scoring now, 8 goals and 24 points in 31 games (not sure how I missed one).

GAME 26

GAME 27

GAME 28

GAME 29

GAME 30

Old 11-12-2017, 01:47 AM   #17
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Games 31 to 35

This will actually be 32 to 35. No idea how I missed a game.

GAME 32

GAME 33

GAME 34

GAME 35

We lost a forward this week for 1-2 months with a lacerated spleen. He is our 2nd line RW and we called up 31 year old center Duncan Patrick who has been tearing it up in the minors with 41 points in 33 games. Hopefully he can give us some depth down the middle and see if we can't get over the .500 mark.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:11 AM   #18
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

End of the first half of the season

Well, the season is now 41 games over for the Ottawa Renegades. We stand at 20-18-3 good for 43 points. We are 4th in the Eastern Division of the Canadian Conference and sitting 5th in the Conference. We have scored 98 goals and given up 104. We average 23 shots a game on offense but we are giving up 34 per game which is making it very difficult to win a lot of games. Fortunately, Chris McGee is playing fantastic and has carried us so far to that record but I'm not sure how long he can go without breaking down.

We hold a very good special teams overall. 10th on the power play with a 16.8% and 3rd in the NAHL in penalty killing with a 87.5%. A huge improvement over the first part of the season.

On the injury front, we have only had a few injuries but they have been major players. Curt Lowry missed 14 games, Hogue missed 3 games and now team captain Dave Ashwood is going to miss 1 to 2 weeks and Stefan Benci is going to miss most of the rest of the regular season with his lacerated spleen.

Reardon is leading the way offensively this season with 32 points in 41 games. 14 goals and 18 assists. Other than a handful of players, the scoring is not very good. We need secondary scoring.

GAME 36

GAME 37

GAME 38

GAME 39

GAME 40

GAME 41

Old 11-14-2017, 12:30 AM   #19
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Around the nahl

Here is some stuff from around the NAHL for thee first half of the season

CANADIAN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

AMERICAN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

OVERALL STANDINGS

SKATER STATISTICS

GOALTENDINGS STATISTICS

TEAM STATISTICS

OVERALL TEAM ATTENDANCE

Old 11-14-2017, 12:36 AM   #20
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Just a note

Well, I was trying to figure out a way to show the player stats for the individual teams but it's tedious and looks awful. If I check them from the team roster, it doesn't show the guys that are in the injured list or that were dropped from the team, either to the minors or the Free Agency. I tried in the history part which shows it fine except you can only see about 10 or so lines at a time and piecing it together for each team would take forever and not really worth the effort.

To be honest, this is the thing that drives me the most nuts. Accessing stats to see overall and who you have play any games in the season is ugly and cumbersome to say the least and it's a shame. There should be a good page that shows the current season team statistics so you can view them quickly.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to seeing what this team can do moving forward. Hopefully the playoffs are coming up soon!