Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 12-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #21
wodi
All Star Reserve

No, I'm saying that since I'm not playing historical and the draft classes are all random this issue with most pitchers in the league being starters will occur

I believe part of the problem is the random draft classes generate too many starters and not enough relievers

Another problem I think is in the games coding, where starters are valued over relievers no matter what, so if the CPU is looking to fill a bullpen spot they would rather use a starter
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #22
phillupi
All Star Reserve

I'll have to start a fictional league and see what happens. How many teams do you have and how many years have you played?
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #23
wodi
All Star Reserve

I'm in 2048..... This has been happening for a number of years, with most of the CPU teams
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:48 PM   #24
BradC
All Star Starter

Have you guys posted about this in the Suggestions For iOOTP 2015 thread?
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #25
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillupi View Post
I have a pitcher I drafted a few years ago. He's now 23. He has an 18 Stamina. (20) point system. His potential is 60+. As a reliever he is 63-63. I change him to a starter and he is 21-62. (80) point system. Why?
I believe the ratings are changing for two reasons:

1. He has more experience at one position and is closer to his potential at that position; and

2. His rating is partly based on comparing him to other players at that position. So if you have a 5 star catcher and turn him into a 1B his rating could be 5 stars, 4 stars, or 3 stars -- it depends on how he compares to other 1B in the league.
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #26
Nerdly
Bat Boy

Boop
Nerdly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #27
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

Better late than never...

Pitchers that are relievers get a "stuff" bonus. This is done as means of reflecting that relievers will typically throw with more effort knowing they don't have to touch as many innings.

When changing position to starting pitcher he is losing that stuff bonus so the game now sees him as a less effective pitcher.