Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-19-2014, 04:52 AM   #81
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger300 View Post
Nick Biancalana, Dominique Key, Jake Drada,Trevor Bragadeste, Seth Elledge, Sims Grifith, Bryan Pall, and Justin Sparby have major league stats.
There was an error in the import of the draft players, we are working it out now. Hopefully all of them are fixed by Monday.
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #82
stevens84
Minors (Double A)

Leonardo Heras of the Houston Astros is missing his Mexican League stats, same thing with Japhet Amador?

Both were purchased by the Astros toward the end of last year.

Leonardo Heras Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

Japhet Amador Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com
stevens84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #83
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Houston Astros Colors

Houston Astros colors aren't right. They should be a navy or an orange. Instead it is still the same color scheme from two years ago. They changed their colors last year. Thanks. Game looks great.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #84
stevens84
Minors (Double A)

Blake Smith of the Dodgers minor league system has some very good hitting ratings for a pitcher.

I know he used to play the outfield up until last year, but there's a reason he moved to the mound…he can't hit.

Blake Smith Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com
stevens84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #85
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Just took a quick look at the 2009 Yankee team. It lists two 13 year olds Riley Burton and Nathan Alberius listed as played, both mirroring the stats of Angel Berroa and Juan Miranda. Just checked and the same issue is occuring with the 2001 Yankees listing 5 year old players.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #86
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

In many places, the weather does not correlate correctly for ballparks. Each ballpark needs to be checked and updated if necessary. Also...the Arizona Diamondbacks GCL team has the wrong stadium assigned. They now play in Salt River Fields at Talking Stick...and never (I don't think) played in Tidal Waves Park.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #87
Daletiel
Minors (Single A)

Darren Oliver appears as a free agent despite retiring after the end of the 2013 season
Daletiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #88
Rebington
Minors (Single A)

Contract issue:

Joe Blanton SP actually was signed by the A's to a minor league deal (he's on the Sacramento River Cats roster), in the game it's a huge 2 year deal (2yr/ $15.5m!)
Rebington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #89
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebington View Post
Contract issue:

Joe Blanton SP actually was signed by the A's to a minor league deal (he's on the Sacramento River Cats roster), in the game it's a huge 2 year deal (2yr/ $15.5m!)

didn't he sign that contract last year, with the Angels?
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #90
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
Just took a quick look at the 2009 Yankee team. It lists two 13 year olds Riley Burton and Nathan Alberius listed as played, both mirroring the stats of Angel Berroa and Juan Miranda. Just checked and the same issue is occuring with the 2001 Yankees listing 5 year old players.
Yep. You'll find an explanation previous page. We're working on fixing this asap...
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #91
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens84 View Post
Leonardo Heras of the Houston Astros is missing his Mexican League stats, same thing with Japhet Amador?

Both were purchased by the Astros toward the end of last year.

Leonardo Heras Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

Japhet Amador Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com
Yes, I know. I have a db of nearly 5,000 missing stat lines that need to be sorted and sent to Markus for import. It'll take a while to get them sorted, but it'll happen.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #92
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

the same issue has followed from 13 to 14 to 15: DUPLICATE MINOR-LEAGUE STATISTICS!!!!

This seems to be a carryover issue I addressed last year and so far, its the same players all over again

See: Corky Miller. Has stats for Richmond (AA) and Gwinett (AAA). Richmond was the AAA affiliate for the Braves, but he has Braves AAA and Giants AA stats. The simple solution to me is to either give him Gwinett stats or no stats at all, since coding the Richmond Flying Squirrels will always be kicked by to AA league stats in stats editor, even if you list the league as "2".
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #93
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
the same issue has followed from 13 to 14 to 15: DUPLICATE MINOR-LEAGUE STATISTICS!!!!

This seems to be a carryover issue I addressed last year and so far, its the same players all over again

See: Corky Miller. Has stats for Richmond (AA) and Gwinett (AAA). Richmond was the AAA affiliate for the Braves, but he has Braves AAA and Giants AA stats. The simple solution to me is to either give him Gwinett stats or no stats at all, since coding the Richmond Flying Squirrels will always be kicked by to AA league stats in stats editor, even if you list the league as "2".
This is not a high priority thing

Heck some guys guys are missing all their minor league stats. See two posts above on that. There's only two of us who work on stats and we can only do so much. Getting the int league and DSL/VSL stats in game and updating the 2013 MLB/MiLB stats took precedence.

We'll get to it eventually.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-19-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #94
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Dempster are suspended for 365 games, when the clear intent was to suspend them for 365 days i.e. 162 games. Same goes for the 180-game suspensions.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #95
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Dempster are suspended for 365 games, when the clear intent was to suspend them for 365 days i.e. 162 games. Same goes for the 180-game suspensions.
Seems the field in our editor is mislabeled as days, not games. We'll have to re-enter these.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #96
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:

Is this for 2013 or previous years?
I was the only one doing those stats at that time and it was in excess of 300 hours work. Markus wanted to list all stats for defunct teams as 0 (no team) I chose to keep them with the most precise team as possible and leave it up to the user to lookup the player to find the correct team as I believe it's the stats that are importand not the team played for. If there was a current team name with the same name as a defunct team, I used that. If an organization's team was no longer, I used there team that replaced it or one in the closest level that matched. So teams may not match the acutal organization or level. Hopefully some day we can keep old team IDS rather than replacing them with new team names/affiliations.
Also, I'm bound to make a mistake or 2 when figuring stats for over thousands of players and having to depend on other people's/sites's data.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-19-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #97
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
I was the only one doing those stats at that time and it was in excess of 300 hours work. Markus wanted to list all stats for defunct teams as 0 (no team) I chose to keep them with the most precise team as possible and leave it up to the user to lookup the player to find the correct team as I believe it's the stats that are importand not the team played for. If there was a current team name with the same name as a defunct team, I used that. If an organization's team was no longer, I used there team that replaced it or one in the closest level that matched. So teams may not match the acutal organization or level. Hopefully some day we can keep old team IDS rather than replacing them with new team names/affiliations.
Also, I'm bound to make a mistake or 2 when figuring stats for over thousands of players and having to depend on other people's/sites's data.
If I remember what he told me last year it was just that a couple years worth of stats for a couple MiLB teams got duplicated somehow. Maybe from like 2009 or something.

No big deal, I honestly didn't even think it was a big enough issue to bother you with or work much on myself..
Old 04-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #98
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
I was the only one doing those stats at that time and it was in excess of 300 hours work. Markus wanted to list all stats for defunct teams as 0 (no team) I chose to keep them with the most precise team as possible and leave it up to the user to lookup the player to find the correct team as I believe it's the stats that are importand not the team played for. So teams may not match the acutal organization. Hopefully some day we can keep old team IDS rather than replacing them with new team names/affiliations.
Or just delete those relocated teams while adding a new one much? I think that could fix the problem personally .

These are not 2013 stats. These are stats anywhere from 1997-2011. It's mostly teams like the Carolina Mudcats/Pensacola Wahoos, Gwinett Braves/Richmond Flying Squirrels, and others all the way down to the Appy, Pioneer, and other leagues. It can be a headache, but can be found when you look at the IL, PCL, EL, single-season records of who has double stats at times.

I've offered in the past over and over to cleanup the stats page, or offer the input and have either been told no or no response
Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #99
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Or just delete those relocated teams while adding a new one much? I think that could fix the problem personally
That's not really a practical solution. We're not working in game, our setup is a bit different.

Quote:
I've offered in the past over and over to cleanup the stats page, or offer the input and have either been told no or no response
I'm sorry to be a little personal here but the issue is that when you've offered to do stuff before and I've taken you up on it, you don't do it and then disappear and never get back to me. We can't use that kind of "help". We have too many guys who do that already, we don't need another.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but your criticisms over a really minor issue kind of force me to be direct here.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #100
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I'm sorry to be a little personal here but the issue is that when you've offered to do stuff before and I've taken you up on it, you don't do it and then disappear and never get back to me. We can't use that kind of "help". We have too many guys who do that already, we don't need another.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but your criticisms over a really minor issue kind of force me to be direct here.
No offense taken, but I don't remember ever disappearing when asked. If I did, you might have to PM me or remind me what it was. I didn't mean to be that "flaky" guy if it came off that way.