Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 01-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #61
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Someone take over my Tortugas!

Great league - extremely active messageboard.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #62
ronzonie007
Minors (Single A)

Now that Joel no longer has a team, we pride our selves on being 100% awesome. You can do no better when it comes to an online OOTP league.
ronzonie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #63
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Two more openings

Disregard these two teams. Vancouver and Bogota owners have reconsidered.

That's how awesome the GUBA is. People can't leave. We have an awesome community.

Last edited by mikev; 01-08-2008 at 03:28 PM.
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #64
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

The playoffs are just about to start so there will be plenty of time to get ready for the upcoming offseason with any of these 'great' teams in what is the best league ever
karadur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #65
JQLorenz
Minors (Double A)

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the perfect league to join now that Joel is out of it.... no more ogre's!!
Plus the league needs a new owner that can fill Recte's shoes of playing the butt-pirate to the new owners. Sure we've got a few Canucks in the league, but they aren't so bad once you have proper filters in place to ignore them.

JOIN You'll have a blast if you do it!
JQLorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #66
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Also, hold off on Bogota being open... he may stick around after all
Old 01-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #67
ronzonie007
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQLorenz View Post
This is the perfect league to join now that Joel is out of it.... no more ogre's!!
Plus the league needs a new owner that can fill Recte's shoes of playing the butt-pirate to the new owners. Sure we've got a few Canucks in the league, but they aren't so bad once you have proper filters in place to ignore them.

JOIN You'll have a blast if you do it!
Nice avatar.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #68
Braveheart
Minors (Double A)

Great league to join fellas. We are super active and a huge community.

I would think it's a great testament given that 3 former owners have pimped the league - and 6 owners have posted here in less than a day.

This message brought up to from the same people you brought you "FREE BIBS"
Braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #69
mikev
Hall Of Famer

GUBA hosting an Open House and Meet-and-Greet

The GUBA, one of OOTP's oldest online communities, currently has a couple of team openings, and would like to invite anyone interested to come over to the league's forum and introduce yourself. With an ownership base of 36 along with numerous vultures, clingers on, former owners, and groupies, this league is a perfect fit for someone who is interested in joining a fictional baseball league with strong participation from every member. Former alumni include such notable names as Recte44, Draven, Battists, and many other names that you've seen frequent the OOTP Boards over the years (yes, even Fittdog).

The GUBA is a merger of the old MBBA and FIBB leagues into one 36 team league. We are currently in the playoffs of the third season since the merger. This would be a perfect time for new owners to step into the shoes of a GM. Come over and join in on the fun, read the league's constitution, peruse the 'Off Topic' chatter, and perhaps put in an application to take on one of the open teams.

Normally, we have the GUBA forums set to require admin approval (me) for registration. It helps to keep the spam and bots away. For the next day or two, I'm going to go ahead and open up registration so that anybody that's interested can jump onto the forums without waiting for me to approve the registration. Think of it as an Open House, if you will. We'd love to have some new blood, and we think you'll find that the GUBA is a pretty fantastic community full of guys that are pretty diehard about fake internet computer baseball.

Click here to visit the GUBA forums

Current Openings:

Want more of a challenge? Take the "in-the-midst-of-a-failed-rebuild" Las Vegas Hustlers. Other than perennial MVP candidate Sam Rigsby and wunderkid closer Iestyn Lenton, Vegas doesn't really have any star power. Financially they're in okay shape, so it's just a matter of good drafting and growing the system from within to bring Vegas back to prominence. VEGAS FILLED

The Santo Domingo Tortugas are probably the most desireable of the open teams. A shrewd initial draft focusing on pre-arbitration twentysomethings has resulted in an above .500 squad led by all-everything slugger Angel Filgueira and a solid but not spectacular pitching staff fronted by Graveyard Shimizu. The Turtles are on the fence -- a new owner could choose to sell off all their quality big leaguers and build for the future, or pull out all the stops and make a run next season.

Last edited by mikev; 01-10-2008 at 05:50 PM.
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #70
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Join, you won't be disappointed!

In just about a month in this league and with prior experience with the owners group I can say honestly that this is one of the best online leagues EVER, hands down. All these teams have a good history and have a chance at a one or two year turn around. there are lots of active posters in the forums and helpful with all the questions I've had getting used to OOTP2007.

Join now before it's too late.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #71
ronzonie007
Minors (Single A)

The GUBA is the land of opportunity...

Where else can you get any question answered by the wise Braveheart? http://www.theguba.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6816

Where else can you help decide the top music album of All Time?
http://www.theguba.net/forums/index....topic=6251&hl=

Where else can you join in and kill zombies? (or hunt brains!)
http://www.theguba.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6118

We even have our own city!
http://www.theguba.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6566

Fantasy Sports leagues? Politics? Foootball? Gambling? Annual secret Santa participation? Even WoW talk? That's right, the GUBA Off Topic forum is open for business 24 hours a day, and nearly anything goes.

Oh yeah, we also sim fake baseball, too! Three sims a week, rarely late, for going on 5 years of real time. If you're not in the GUBA, I don't think you exist.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #72
joshuaaaaaa
All Star Reserve

Not to mention that if you amuse me, I'll give you a character in our Sims2 house. A couple of the existing characters are getting pretty old and will die off soon.

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do."

~Henry Ford ~
joshuaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #73
ronzonie007
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaaaaaa View Post
Not to mention that if you amuse me, I'll give you a character in our Sims2 house. A couple of the existing characters are getting pretty old and will die off soon.
It might help if you post pics of your wife. I might join a second time.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #74
mikev
Hall Of Famer

For anybody who isn't sure where to start with the GUBA forums, I created an "Open House" thread over there for you to stop in and say hello.

Feel free to ask questions about the GUBA over there.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #75
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Also, I forgot to mention: Yes, there will be punch and pie!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #76
ronzonie007
Minors (Single A)

Bumping this for a fresh day...

I believe we still have at least one opening, so hurry on over to the boards and introduce yourself!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #77
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Playoffs just wrapped up, New York wins an exciting 7 game series over Moscow. As is it looks like Las Vegas and Santo Domingo are still open. Come on over and have a
Old 01-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #78
mikev
Hall Of Famer

One of Las Vegas/Santo Domingo is possibly taken, meaning there is still one and possibly two open teams.

With the offseason set to begin, it's really a perfect time to get in and start shaping the team in the way you want to run it.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #79
royalpj
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Interested in Santo Domingo

I've had plenty of sim experience on OOTP6...been out of the game for a few years.

Royalpj
AIM: pizimprock
email: themidnightowl@gmail.com

thanks,
patrick
royalpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #80
mikev
Hall Of Famer

The Las Vegas Hustlers have been filled, and we potentially have an owner for Santo Domingo.

We'd still love to have some new faces join up, though. There's a great community as well as fake online baseball to be enjoyed.