Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 08-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #21
Recte44
Global Moderator

Morning bump. We really need a dedicated, committed owner (preferably committed to some sort of mental institution) who is willing to join an obscenely active writing league and take on one of the greatest financial challenges of all time.

PM me.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:10 AM   #22
JoshSamBob
Minors (Double A)

GUBA am worst thing since bizarro unsliced bread.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:03 PM   #23
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Guys, I just joined this league, and I have to say the participation is amazing. I can barely keep up on the forums. I recommend you check it out.
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:54 AM   #24
truthserum
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster1225 View Post
Guys, I just joined this league, and I have to say the participation is amazing. I can barely keep up on the forums. I recommend you check it out.
Like.....today? Did you take over the 'one of the greatest financial challenges of all time' team?

Just wondering....your bump is confusing and thus, must be confusing to others, that could, perhaps, or more for that matter, take over this greatest challenge of all time. As it stands, I think, so others must think, that this greatest challenge has already been filled.
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:21 AM   #25
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthserum View Post
Like.....today? Did you take over the 'one of the greatest financial challenges of all time' team?

Just wondering....your bump is confusing and thus, must be confusing to others, that could, perhaps, or more for that matter, take over this greatest challenge of all time. As it stands, I think, so others must think, that this greatest challenge has already been filled.
Nope, I joined a few weeks ago.
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #26
JoshSamBob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Truth, can I buy some of those extra commas you have?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #27
truthserum
All Star Starter

I dotted at the beginning, just for kicks.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #28
truthserum
All Star Starter

dola

I would love to join this league, but the writing requirement just isn't conducive to me being home only a couple days out of the week.

But your html is oh so sexy.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #29
JoshSamBob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
dola

I would love to join this league, but the writing requirement just isn't conducive to me being home only a couple days out of the week.

But your html is oh so sexy.
Truthfully, it's not that hard to hit 20 PPTs. I think I got 22 this season, thanks to 6 Team News postings (2 PPT each), 1 preview of the World Series (6 PPT), and 1 League Feature (4 PPT).
Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #30
arlo53z
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Still need a Louisville owner.
OK. I'll give it a shot. Email = arlo53z@roadrunner.com

Cheers,

Arlo
arlo53z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #31
Recte44
Global Moderator

We filled Louisville, but we'd still like to see new folks around, even if it's only to be observers. We pride ourselves on the participation levels, and want more people who want that in a league.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:08 AM   #32
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Long Beach opening

The Long Beach Surfers are available in the GUBA.

Led by starting pitcher Ed Hendrix, aging but still awesome closer Andrew Robinson, and slugger Jose Guerrero, the Surfers finished 3rd in their division last year at 76-86.

They'll need some careful tweaking as they're currently over budget by several million dollars and finished in the red last season, but it's not a full rebuild project by any means.

If you're interested in the team, head on over to the GUBA Forums and fill out an application.

Hope to see you soon!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #33
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Long Beach still open. The Rule V draft has just been completed and the 3rd of 5 free agency sims will be run tonight. It's really a perfect time to get in to the league, as there is some time before Opening Day and you can get a handle on the roster and minors.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #34
Recte44
Global Moderator

Long Beach filled. We'll be back when the next team opens up, but that shouldn't stop you from registering and applying now. Active vultures always get first priority.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #35
Recte44
Global Moderator

The Vancouver Mounties are now available. After going 63-99 in the first GUBA season, the Mounties are def. a rebuild project, but one that has been fiscally responsible and thus an attractive franchise for a new owner.

RF Carlos Aguilar, 24 years old, is at the forefront of a decent core of young talent the Mounties have available. He batted .264 with 13 HR in his rookie season, and looks to be a breakout player in 2008.

23 year old reliever Ken Jin is listed as a reliever, and served in that role as a first year player last season. Jin, however, looks as if he might be a great starting pitcher, if a club is willing to live with some long balls.

3B Andrew Murphy is the Mounties' top prospect, and he's close to the majors after batting .306 in AAA last season. What he lacks in power and plate discipline is more than made up for with his sweet contact stroke.

Interested? Register for the GUBA Forums, PM me here and I'll approve you, then fill out a new Membership Application in the forum entitled "New Applicants". We'll take it from there!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #36
Recte44
Global Moderator

Still a chance to get your name in the hat for the Mounties. I plan to make a decision later tonight.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #37
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Opening day is today in the GUBA...

Get in now before the season gets too far underway
Old 09-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #38
JoshSamBob
Minors (Double A)

GUBA owners love the A's.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #39
Recte44
Global Moderator

One thing I've learned in a couple years of GUBA is that it's going to take a special person to become a long term owner here. GUBA has a ton of really good owners, but the thing is, it's a 36 team league. We've had some good guys join, then realize what an active league this is and what the demands are and/or have very important personal issues come up, only to quit shortly therafter.

That's exactly what's happened this season. Now, we're looking at three open teams, and one team in need of a co-GM due to an event here at OOTP!

1. Moscow Enforcers

2. London Spitfires

3. Louisville Sluggers

In need of an AGM/co-GM because of Steve Battisti's recently new job with OOTP: Pago Pago Coconuts

Interested? Register for our forums, then PM me here and let me know who you are so I can approve you (damn spambots). I'll give you instructions from there.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #40
Recte44
Global Moderator

Moscow and Louisville filled. I really, really need a long term active owner for London.

Inquire within.