Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-14-2020, 06:08 PM   #41
WarningTrakPower
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Braves win 2019 World Series!!!

Below is glimpse at the 2019 playoff tree!

Game 7 and Atlanta beats Cleveland on the road!!!
Attached Images
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:35 PM   #42
WarningTrakPower
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Thumbs down Review of Owner Goals!

Asdrubal Cabrera was a good pickup.
He was obviously not going to continue the scorching hot start he had to the season, but how does that not satisfy his request? Haha

I assume that a "power hitter" only refers to homers, but he was tied for the AL lead in doubles.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-14-2020, 07:56 PM   #43
WarningTrakPower
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Gardenhire and Avila Retired!

So we have to hire a new Assistant GM and Manager.

I have gone through the options and I have settled on:

Gabe Kapler as the new Manager - Even though his "personality & style" and his "managing attributes" don't directly lineup with my personal preferences.
I do appreciate how he will allow me to dictate all of the game strategy.
His "Bad Relationship" with a couple of our good young pitchers does worry me a little, but I think it is worth the risk.

Chaim Bloom as the new Assistant GM - I just really like his overall profile and think he is going to be a very good GM in MLB.

Below is a snapshot of each person.

*Both have been offered contracts and we will wait for their response.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-14-2020, 08:46 PM   #44
WarningTrakPower
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Salary Arbitration!

Here is a look at what we are seeing in Salary Arbitration:

There is four guys who will be non-tendered, only two worth mentioning.

John Hicks - I didn't want to "force" Gardenhire to play him more, but maybe I should have. He put up good stats (small sample size) and wants around 3 million. We have Jake Rogers to team up with Grayson Greiner for 2020 and hold down the catcher spot until Adley eventually makes his way up. Hicks is also 30 years old and out of minor league options.

Yolmer Sanchez - Fan of this guy in real life, one reason I picked him up for this team (plus White Sox paid him 100%). Started really good and faded as the season went on. We have lots of guys who we can replace his spot on the team with. He also wants about 6 million, and he would be a backup probably.

Mikie Mahtook - Going in to his 30 year old season. Wouldn't have cost us much, but I have a few other guys I want to play over him. Out of options, so we shopped him around and Oakland will take him. One interesting player we receive is "Alberto Tirado". I think I am going to convert him to a reliever and see how he makes out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM   #45
WarningTrakPower
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Talking Max Schrock

St. Louis added Schrock to their 40 man on July 29th when Kolten Wong got injured, but the optioned him back to AAA on July 30th and recalled Ramos Urias.

Max was recalled from AAA on September 1st and got his first 31 days of MLB service time. He picked up a hit, a single, in his first MLB at bat (on the first pitch he saw) off of Derek Holland.

In his MLB start on September 18th, Schrock went 3 for 4 with 2 homers and a double while driving in 4 runners and scoring 3 runs.
His first homer was off of Max Scherzer (Max on Max crime right there) in the 2nd inning.
In the bottom of the 8th, with his team trailing by a run, Schrock came up a hit a clutch 3 run homer to put the Cardinals ahead for good.
He was named player of the game.

On September 24th, his last plate appearance of the 2019 season, he drew a 4 pitch walk off Matt Koch.He later came around to score.

For some reason St. Louis decided to DFA Max Schrock at the start of the offseason (they had 3 guys who needed to be activated off the 60 day IL to the 40 man). Since he had two option years remaining, and has just turned 25, I thought he was worth the waiver claim.

If I was Cardinals GM, I would have DFA'd Drew Robinson over Max Schrock. Drew is going to be out of options next season and they probably won't have room for him after spring training (even though rosters will now have 26 players to match real life).

Below is a collection of clips from his player profile. I thought he was worth the waiver claim. He looks like a versatile player with high contact and low strikeouts.

Let me know what you think!!!
Attached Images
Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM   #46
WarningTrakPower
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Adiaos Derek Dietrich!

Derek Dietrich did really well for the Tigers after coming over from the Reds.

In 236 plate appearances he hit .299/.364/.460/.824 for an OPS+ of 113.
He had 13 doubles, 3 triples, 5 homers and 29 RBI.

I am looking to play a few other guys in the OF for 2020, so we really didn't need him. He only got 3 million in arbitration, but when I was shopping him around I saw that the White Sox would give us Zack Burdi.

Zack Burdi is a former first round pick and just made his MLB debut in 2019 (see below for player profile page).

Who do you think won this trade?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #47
WarningTrakPower
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Thumbs up Ryder Jones!

Decided to move on from Christin Stewart. It may be a bit too soon to let him go, but you never know.
I have a different direction for the OF and he is below average defensively and his offensive output was worse than I had expected.

We are able to pickup a lefty 3B in Ryder Jones. He will need to be protected from the Rule V draft.

We are also able to grab a pitcher named Seth Corry. I am going to use him as a reliever (OSA has his control at a 35/50). He does not need to be protected from Rule V draft.

Sandy Baez was a throw-in they wanted to even out the trade (25 movement and 1 option remaining).
Attached Images
Image Image Image