Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #1
THEMURPH
Minors (Double A)

Some thoughts for 21.

1. Team Rivalries.
2. Team vs Team Record All Time.
3. Longest HR History. A top 5, 10 or 20 list. Keeping the length of all Hrs would take up a lot of data.
4. Longest HR per Stadium History again Top 5 or 10.
5. Alternate Uniforms instead of standard Two with the ability to change pants color.
6. Team Hall of Fame
7. Annual Team Awards
8. Team Trophy Room. ROTY, Cy Young Awards, Pennants etc..
9. Spring Training - Grapefruit / Cactus league, Split squad games.
10. Some type of Player Training program for development of players.
11. When making shortlists would like the option to assign different colors for different lists.
12. Option to play as Team Owner/GM. Set budget, keep profit.
13. In Staff Search a filter for Player Development Influence / Player Relationships with. To eliminate the click back and forth stress disorder.
14. Bench Player if DTD Injury change standard to Severity At Least Minimal instead of Let Manager Decide.

Last edited by THEMURPH; 12-13-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
THEMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
Cod
All Star Reserve

I'd love to see #10 happen. The player development aspect of this game is very basic really: hire coaches to fit your system and throw money at the problem. Even the solutions mentioned may not yield a productive player. There really needs to be more in-depth ways to develop players via something like "hitting programs", etc..
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
illflow
Bat Boy

Good suggestions. It's a great game and hope they continue to add and improve.

#1 Team rivalries - Esp when it comes to trading. When shopping a player as the Red Sox, my best offer shouldn't come from the Yankees. Even teams in the same division are typically reluctant to trade with each other by default, unless there's a huge competitive gap, like Balt/Bos.
#2 Team/team all time records. I was surprised and a little disappointed when I saw this wasn't in the game.
#3 HR distance I suspect that there is a default max HR distance and any top ten list would just be 10 guys tied at that max distance - #4 Same
#5 Would it really be worth the effort given there isn't enough detail on the graphics to see logos, or jersey numbers?
#6 Team HOF. Would be great.
#7 Team awards. Too many awards might overly clutter up the player's histories, but a 10th player award for the valuable bench guy who would be nice.
#8 Team trophy room - How is this not on the team's history index? Each year's HOF inductees, all-stars and league award winners should be listed under the team's history index. Also - Under league history you should be able to sort which franchises have had the most Cy-young/All-stars, HOFers etc.
#9 Yes..No offense, but Spring training options are still stuck at the PS3 level.Also need option to allow 9 innings ties.
#10 I suggested the ability to spend money on roving instructors and assign them specific players or teams to boost development. In fairness, it would probably be a big add in itself. Without any crossover benefit to perfect team, I don't see it happening.
#11 I've seen a few people ask about differentiating short lists by color/font, or at least put a space for it on the profile page. Hope it happens.
#12 There were versions of Madden you could play as the "owner." Seems like there's a lot of potential. But after building a few stadiums, and relocating the NY Giants to Anchorage, AK out of spite, it quickly gets tedious.
#13 Staff search - And/or be allowed to assign your assistant GM to fill the farm system's coaching positions.
#14 Haven't tried, but can't we set the strategy for the entire organizational if we want. Which would convert everyone to DTD don't play (except where manager has total control)

Last edited by illflow; 12-21-2019 at 08:01 PM.
illflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:02 AM   #4
THEMURPH
Minors (Double A)

#3 HR distance I suspect that there is a default max HR distance and any top ten list would just be 10 guys tied at that max distance - #4 Same

Very good point did not think of that.
THEMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote