Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-29-2020, 06:29 PM   #1
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

Tactical settings

This subject seems to generate a lot of discussions mainly because a lot of users dislike the current system.

I don't disagree with that, however where most would like to get direct feedback on what works and doesn't work, I don't necessarily agree due to the dynamic nature of hockey and the different results one would get when opposing a specific line to an opponent's line where players all have different strengths and weaknesses. But what about something similar to what is being used in Websim Hockey. There's not a whole lot of options but here is what you get for selecting aggressive forecheck :

The simulator chooses a play within a pool of possible plays, with higher chances of selecting a play for which the player as higher abilities and then the efficiency to succeed that play, also dependent on the player's attributes.

As seen in the photo above, the tactics in Websim change the probabilities of selecting a specific action as well as modifying efficiencies and tell you the percentage of all that is being modified by that tactic.

I'm not sure if the simulator in FHM works in a similar way but I do like the transparency and ease of readability of the tactical options in Websim.

Just an idea...

Last edited by KevT90; 01-29-2020 at 06:40 PM.
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote