Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #1
baseketballboy22
Minors (Double A)

Request - 48 teams, 2 subleagues, 8 div, 162 games, interleague

Ive been messing with the schedule mod but can't seem to figure it out

Thank you!

Last edited by baseketballboy22; 06-05-2016 at 10:15 PM.
baseketballboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #2
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

I'll take this one - it's been a few months since I made any schedules but it should be a good one.

What kind of format are you looking for? Here's what I'm thinking - let me know if you want something different:

For each team it will be as follows - 14 games against each division rival (70 games), 6 or 7 games against each team from another division in their subleague (38 games), 3 games against each team in the other two divisions in their subleague (36 games) and 3 interleague games against one opposite division (18 games). 70+38+36+18 = 162, although as slated this schedule is slightly shorter than an MLB schedule in terms of off days.

Do you want an all-star break?
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

There is a 48 team 6/6/6/6 6/6/6/6 format that plays 186 games 12 against each divisional opponent, 6 against each league opponent (not in div) and 3 against 6 interleague opp.

If you subtract one from the 18 league opp and one from each of the interleague opps you get 24 games 186-24= 162....

Put this in a grid in a spreadsheet and the scheduling could be done in about 30 minutes. You would only need to worry about non-div league opp. in the grid. take a game from 9 opp then check off the game in the grid both ways (if you were to have team 1 take a game fro team 7 then you would check the 1-7 box after deleting the game and then also check the 7-1 box so team 7 doesn't select team 1 as an opponent to subtract a game from). You do this 9 times for each team going from 1 to 24. then do the other league. If your concentration is good you can do both at the same time by adding 24 to the first combination so if you mark 1-7 you would also do 25-31 and so on. I ran a small test with fewer teams and it works perfectly.

The hard part is to shuffle the schedule a bit when you are done to reduce the number of game days from 220 to a more reasonable number. The lowest I got it in a quick test was 198 game days. If you started your season around March 25 and let it go to around October 8 it might be acceptable.

I hope you don't mind me expressing these thoughts about this challenging schedule. I used to do schedules but haven't for a while and this interested me a bit. Any way have fun with this.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:35 PM   #4
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
There is a 48 team 6/6/6/6 6/6/6/6 format that plays 186 games 12 against each divisional opponent, 6 against each league opponent (not in div) and 3 against 6 interleague opp.

If you subtract one from the 18 league opp and one from each of the interleague opps you get 24 games 186-24= 162....

Put this in a grid in a spreadsheet and the scheduling could be done in about 30 minutes. You would only need to worry about non-div league opp. in the grid. take a game from 9 opp then check off the game in the grid both ways (if you were to have team 1 take a game fro team 7 then you would check the 1-7 box after deleting the game and then also check the 7-1 box so team 7 doesn't select team 1 as an opponent to subtract a game from). You do this 9 times for each team going from 1 to 24. then do the other league. If your concentration is good you can do both at the same time by adding 24 to the first combination so if you mark 1-7 you would also do 25-31 and so on. I ran a small test with fewer teams and it works perfectly.

The hard part is to shuffle the schedule a bit when you are done to reduce the number of game days from 220 to a more reasonable number. The lowest I got it in a quick test was 198 game days. If you started your season around March 25 and let it go to around October 8 it might be acceptable.

I hope you don't mind me expressing these thoughts about this challenging schedule. I used to do schedules but haven't for a while and this interested me a bit. Any way have fun with this.
I appreciate the idea, but I honestly prefer to build them from scratch. I feel like it gives me more control, and this way I was able to squeeze the schedule into 175 game days (maybe too short, but an MLB season is only eight days longer than that, and that's including the all-star break).

Anyway, I have a prototype of this schedule done; I just need to open up OOTP and test it out.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:08 AM   #5
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Alright, here we go.

* 48 teams, 6/6/6/6-6/6/6/6, 162 games with interleague
* Season begins on the first Monday in April and ends on a Sunday in late September
* 14 games against 5 division opponents (7/7 - 35/35)
* 7 games against 2 conference opponents (4/3 and 3/4 - 7/7)
* 6 games against 4 conference opponents (3/3 - 12/12)
* 3 games against 12 conference opponents (3/0 and 0/3 - 18/18)
* 3 games against 6 interleague opponents (3/0 and 0/3 - 9/9)
* Total of 162 games (81/81)
* No all-star break included
* Four-year rotation included to ensure that every team will eventually play each other
* Interleague opponents will change from year to year, as will the division that is played home-and-home within a team's subleague.
* All interleague games are played within a nine-week stretch in the middle of the season (from the last week of May through the end of July).

I can't remember exactly how to name the files to make sure the next year will load automatically, but it isn't too much of a hassle to reload it each season anyway.

Hope this is at least near what you were looking for - I think it at least resembles an MLB schedule.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl 48team_8D_2SL_IL_1.lsdl (190.1 KB, 235 views)
File Type: lsdl 48team_8D_2SL_IL_2.lsdl (190.1 KB, 158 views)
File Type: lsdl 48team_8D_2SL_IL_3.lsdl (190.1 KB, 147 views)
File Type: lsdl 48team_8D_2SL_IL_4.lsdl (190.1 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by Ruwisc; 06-08-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:54 PM   #6
baseketballboy22
Minors (Double A)

Sorry for being MIA... Like I stated in another thread I work MiLB so free time at this time of year is few and far between! Thanks a lot!

That was exactly what I was hoping for! I appreciate it a lot!
baseketballboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote