Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 11-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #21
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves2011 View Post
How do I make adjustments to this? Maybe that is the issue?

I also tried removing spring training and all-star game, but to no avail ....
Well, having taken a closer look, I realize it's a single-league setup, so the interleague option isn't even available on the Schedule Settings sub-menu. So that can't be the problem. And if you have the balanced schedule box checked, then I'm leaning toward what everyone else has said: one or more of your divisions doesn't have the right number of teams. Given the enormous size of the league, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:59 PM   #22
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Well, having taken a closer look, I realize it's a single-league setup, so the interleague option isn't even available on the Schedule Settings sub-menu. So that can't be the problem. And if you have the balanced schedule box checked, then I'm leaning toward what everyone else has said: one or more of your divisions doesn't have the right number of teams. Given the enormous size of the league, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
It's not a balanced schedule. By definition it can never be.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:15 PM   #23
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
It's not a balanced schedule. By definition it can never be.
Again, this schedule was created for a college feeder that I created for my league. This league does not have a balanced schedule as there are divisions with odd number teams. Also, no teams play each other outside of their respective divisions.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #24
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Again, this schedule was created for a college feeder that I created for my league. This league does not have a balanced schedule as there are divisions with odd number teams. Also, no teams play each other outside of their respective divisions.
Exactly so one should not have balanced schedule checked as I said several posts ago.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 11-15-2015, 11:52 PM   #25
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Exactly so one should not have balanced schedule checked as I said several posts ago.
On the contrary, you must have balanced schedules checked. The schedule has balanced games="1" in the elements line, which means the balanced games box in the Schedule Settings sub-menu must be checked, or else the schedule won't load.

In fact, it really doesn't matter if the schedule is actually balanced or not, so long as the box is checked or unchecked to match the elements line on the schedule. If the schedule says it's balanced, then the balanced games box must be checked, regardless of whether the schedule is really balanced or not.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:55 PM   #26
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On the contrary, you must have balanced schedules checked. The schedule has balanced games="1" in the elements line, which means the balanced games box in the Schedule Settings sub-menu must be checked, or else the schedule won't load.

In fact, it really doesn't matter if the schedule is actually balanced or not, so long as the box is checked or unchecked to match the elements line on the schedule. If the schedule says it's balanced, then the balanced games box must be checked, regardless of whether the schedule is really balanced or not.

Joe, it's an unbalanced schedule. I was the one who requested this type of schedule 6 years ago. My intent was to have teams play only scheduled games within their division.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:57 PM   #27
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

I built this college feeder and wanted a schedule for teams to play regular season games within division only. Division/Conference winners would make the playoffs and then play each other. I wanted divisions/conferences to matter.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:59 PM   #28
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Joe, it's an unbalanced schedule. I was the one who requested this type of schedule 6 years ago. My intent was to have teams play only scheduled games within their division.
I understand that. But what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter whether the schedule is actually balanced or not. The only thing that matters is whether the schedule says balanced games="0" or balanced games="1". This schedule says it's the latter, so the balanced games box in the Schedule Settings sub-menu must be checked. Otherwise, the schedule won't load.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:42 AM   #29
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Well, for what it's worth, I couldn't get the darned thing to work for me either. So I tried a "back door" method that lionden_56 once suggested: I exported the game-created schedule and then copied-and-pasted the gmo schedule to that file. Worked like a charm. Here it is:

ILN_BGY_G64_T307.lsdl

There must be something wrong in the header that I'm just not seeing, and the error message isn't very informative. Sometimes, you have to pull the plug on these things and start over again.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #30
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

I was able to get the schedule to work for me. I don't remember if I had to make any adjustments to it before using it. It's been awhile since I played with this league.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #31
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Do you remember which college conferences those 34 divisions were supposed to represent?
Old 11-16-2015, 09:27 AM   #32
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you remember which college conferences those 34 divisions were supposed to represent?

I don't remember off the top of my head- but I do have a copy of that feeder. It's formatted for earlier version of OOTP. I'll look for it in my backups when I get home from work tonight.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:18 AM   #33
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
If it was to mimic NCAAD1, roughly around 2008-09, there was either 30 or 31 conferences at that time playing baseball, as the Big Sky Conference is the only D1 conference not to sponsor baseball.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #34
braves2011
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Well, for what it's worth, I couldn't get the darned thing to work for me either. So I tried a "back door" method that lionden_56 once suggested: I exported the game-created schedule and then copied-and-pasted the gmo schedule to that file. Worked like a charm. Here it is:

Attachment 427955

There must be something wrong in the header that I'm just not seeing, and the error message isn't very informative. Sometimes, you have to pull the plug on these things and start over again.
Have no idea what you actually did... but this link worked like a charm.. now to edit the team names and begin baseball again... MUCH OBLIGED to everyone who contributed to this situation!!!
braves2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:45 AM   #35
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves2011 View Post
Have no idea what you actually did... but this link worked like a charm.. now to edit the team names and begin baseball again... MUCH OBLIGED to everyone who contributed to this situation!!!
Glad you got it working. No matter what happens in a thread the goal is to get people playing again,

RichW

Old 01-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #36
mnyakko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I don't remember off the top of my head- but I do have a copy of that feeder. It's formatted for earlier version of OOTP. I'll look for it in my backups when I get home from work tonight.
Was just curious if you found this in your backups.
mnyakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #37
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnyakko View Post
Was just curious if you found this in your backups.

I haven't had a chance to look for it. I will look for it in my backups this weekend