Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
oman19
All Star Starter

Schedule Request Balanced Schedule

Hello friends. I'm in need of a schedule

Every team plays 18 games against everyone in its own division: 72 games
Every team plays 6 games against everyone else in its league: 60 games
Every team plays 6 games against every team in a division in the other league: 30 game

Total = 162

Basically you get a home and home with every other team

Only thing is I need 3 versions of this schedule. Where the inter league division you play is rotated similar to the NFL.

For example one year the AL East plays the NL East, the next the NL Central, and the one after the NL West.

If you could jumble up each of the 3 versions a little to give it a little variety that would be nice.

I would like an All-star break and dates to closely resemble today's MLB.

Any help would be much appreciated

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
Balanced
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Also, you requested a pretty similar one five years ago, albeit with fewer interleague games: Rotating Interleague Schedule

Last edited by bwburke94; 03-25-2014 at 03:26 PM.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
cheo25
All Star Reserve

I can probably help. I was hoping to wait for BigRod's schedule creator to get more automatic features, but his version 2.0 is enough for me to probably make it work. I have the framework for the matchups in place. I just need to create the actual schedule.

One question: Because you want more interleague games than MLB currently plays (which means 1 less game vs. 10 teams in the same league), almost every series will be a 3-game series. That means it's almost impossible to use a squeeze week or two to fit the schedule into 25 1/2 weeks. Are you OK with it being 27 1/2 weeks long? Basically, I would tack on one week at the beginning and one week at the end.

I can try to squeeze together some series, but that would result in some weird series durations (Wednesday through Friday once or twice, for instance) and I'm not sure I'd be able to shorten it into the current 25 1/2-week framework.

Your call on this.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #4
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Also, you requested a pretty similar one five years ago, albeit with fewer interleague games: Rotating Interleague Schedule
Yes. I love those schedules that GMO made for me but I am looking for something a little more even. His came close but figured out this set-up was exactly what I was looking for.

I so wish I knew how GMO pumped these schedules out so fast. Even using Bigrod's schedule creator tool it is taking me a 2 nights and I am just finishing up May. Granted I am being pretty picky on how often teams play each other and taking travel into consideration.

You are correct. I was wrong on what I thought balanced meant. What I am looking for is that everyone within a division plays the exact same schedule. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
I can probably help. I was hoping to wait for BigRod's schedule creator to get more automatic features, but his version 2.0 is enough for me to probably make it work. I have the framework for the matchups in place. I just need to create the actual schedule.

One question: Because you want more interleague games than MLB currently plays (which means 1 less game vs. 10 teams in the same league), almost every series will be a 3-game series. That means it's almost impossible to use a squeeze week or two to fit the schedule into 25 1/2 weeks. Are you OK with it being 27 1/2 weeks long? Basically, I would tack on one week at the beginning and one week at the end.

I can try to squeeze together some series, but that would result in some weird series durations (Wednesday through Friday once or twice, for instance) and I'm not sure I'd be able to shorten it into the current 25 1/2-week framework.

Your call on this.
You are using the exact same format I'm working on myself. I started the season a week earlier and plan on finishing it a week later. I also am building it using all 3 game series having Thursday off for every team. If you have some tips on how to do this faster it would be much appreciated!

Old 03-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Not really. I haven't gotten the hang of BigRod's schedule creator yet, so I would probably use the schedule editor in the game to actually schedule the games off my matchups.

If you're working on it, then I'll stop what I'm doing on it. But if you need me to do it, I'll be happy to do mine because I could probably implement it in about a night or so if I can find my matchup sheet on my work computer.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #6
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Would it be possible to edit the 2013 schedule (can't be 2014 due to opening series issues) and replace duplicate league opponents with interleague opponents?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Would it be possible to edit the 2013 schedule (can't be 2014 due to opening series issues) and replace duplicate league opponents with interleague opponents?
Basically, you want to keep the divisional games the same but just have 3-game series against everyone else? That's possible but it would be easier just to create a new schedule.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #8
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
I might be mistaken but I thought currently you sometimes have 18 divisional games and sometimes 19.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
I might be mistaken but I thought currently you sometimes have 18 divisional games and sometimes 19.
No, everyone has 19 divisional games vs. each team since Houston moved to the AL. The current MLB breaks down as follows for each team:

19 games vs. 4 div. opponents = 76
7 games vs. 6 intraleague opponents = 42
6 games vs. 4 intraleague opponents = 24

3 games vs. 4 interleague opponents = 12
4 games vs. 2 interleague opponents (one designated as "regional" rival) = 8
Old 04-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the boards, but I was wondering how to import the schedule files that I found in the downloads section. I'm new to the game and really looking forward to it but I'm not quite sure where to put the schedule files. Thanks in advance!! :-)
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote