Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 11-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Scheduling issues....

I copied this from a schedule request thread.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...leheaders.html

I wanted others to look at it and see what insights people have about.

1) Is the tiebreaker game for the playoffs hard coded to be the day after the season?
It is quite common to have ties in with only a 20 game season, and my set up has only one team making the playoffs. Using 2-man rotations and having the tiebreaker the day after the season's final doubleheader, well, it means the most important game of the year will be decided with a severely depleted pitching staff.

2) Playoffs Hard coded as well?
I looked at the custom playoff section, but there seems to be no control over what day or days off there will be. I wanted 3 game series, but spaced out over 7 days so you could still stick to two man rotation

3) All star game (ASG)
When I play this schedule (the 20 game one) with an ASG it will move all games after the break to Wednesdays. To improve these great schedules can you move the all-star break towards the end of the season, say after the 18th game, play it on a Sunday and then resume the regular season the following Sunday?

4) Minor league development
I set my minors to play the same 20 game schedule, and it seemed as if no players developed at all. (I only went 4 or 5 years, but none of my top prospects budged in development. I assume I need to either adjust the development modifiers way up, to account for less game experience, or let the minors play a normal schedule. Do you have any recommendations here? And is the same lack of games played affecting the growth (and decline), or lack thereof, of my major league players?

5) Scheduling of non-game dates (winter break, FA, etc...)
I am at work not and can't remember what other important dates can, and seemingly cannot be edited. I know you can select the call-up date, which I liked to do for the last two weeks (4 games) of the season. Both rule 5 drafts and amateur drafts I schedule for December. I assume Free Agency is hard coded for after the playoffs end. I wish there was a way to control that so no moves could be made until after the 1st of the year. What happens if you try to schedule a season that runs into December?

also...
6) Star Ratings
It seems the shorter seasons are affecting some of the Star ratings (which can be edited to not include so much emphasis on the previous season). I theorize that high averages and other percentages factor normally for the star ratings, but the low totals for the other stats such as HRs and RBIs are not scaling down to the number of games played.

7) Accomplishments
This has been mentioned before, but it seems the Accomplishments are hard coded for a 162 game schedule. Anyway to modify more realistic single season accomplishments based on a smaller game schedule?

Would love to hear your input on these issues and find out if we can improve these schedules.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxvain View Post
I copied this from a schedule request thread.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...leheaders.html
Sorry I never got back to those questions.

Quote:
1) Is the tiebreaker game for the playoffs hard coded to be the day after the season?
Yes.

Quote:
2) Playoffs Hard coded as well?
I looked at the custom playoff section, but there seems to be no control over what day or days off there will be. I wanted 3 game series, but spaced out over 7 days so you could still stick to two man rotation
I have actually not even played OOTP9 yet, so I am not familiar with the customizable playoffs. But I assume that it is remaining that the playoff schedule in terms of when the games you select are played.

Quote:
3) All star game (ASG)
When I play this schedule (the 20 game one) with an ASG it will move all games after the break to Wednesdays. To improve these great schedules can you move the all-star break towards the end of the season, say after the 18th game, play it on a Sunday and then resume the regular season the following Sunday?
I believe you are making a mistake in the settings for the All-Star Game. The date of the ASG is specified in the schedule file (at least that 20-team, 20-game one) as are the subsequent games. What I assume is happening is that you are selecting the option (sorry, I do not remember what exactly it is) that inserts an ASG when you do not need to do that. When the option is chosen it inserts a 3-day break and shifts the games after it.

As for everything else it does not really relate to schedules, which only involve putting games on the calendar. I know some of those other things like development with short seasons have been discussed in the general forum.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Thanks for your input GMO.

I will try to track down other threads for the player dev and other date questions I had. Or perhaps others here will chime in. I thought the bunch of us in this forum who like alternate schedules might have some input here, but perhaps General would get more attention.

As for the ASG thing, yes, I did modify the settings. I can't remember the exact options right now (at work), but I know I did try to change it up a bit from the schedule you created. The problem was, the voting was done too early (6 games into the 30 game season I think). I wanted to push the ASG to the Tuesday before the last weekend of the season. Would it be easy for me to modify this in the schedule you made, or can you create a new one for me?

About the custom playoffs feature, it has some good things, like the ability to seed the playoffs, or seed each round, or select the matchups more precisely. But the dates are hard coded like a "normal" schedule with game, game, travel, game, game, travel, game type thing. No options on selecting the dates.

Thanks again for your imput and scheduling making.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wanted to push the ASG to the Tuesday before the last weekend of the season. Would it be easy for me to modify this in the schedule you made, or can you create a new one for me?
For this particular schedule it is a routine change. I took out the weekend that had the All-Star Game in the middle of the season, thus bumping all the subsequent games up a weekend, then inserted the ASG on the Tuesday before the last weekend (two days after the games of the next to last weekend).
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILY_BGN_G20_SL1_D1_T10_SL2_D1_T10_C_a2_gmo.zip (1.6 KB, 34 views)
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Scheduling playoffs...the game will auto set the playoffs, but you can alter the games and when they're played (but not the matchups) by deleting all of the games and then scheduling the same number of games in the series (in a best of seven, schedule 7 games) to your preference within the game's schedule editor.

I've done this for years and it works without a hitch.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As for the ASG thing, yes, I did modify the settings. I can't remember the exact options right now (at work), but I know I did try to change it up a bit from the schedule you created.
When importing a schedule file that has an All-Star Game date specified in it, do NOT enable the "Automatically schedule All-Star Game" option. Just enable the "Hold All-Star Game" option; that's all you need.

The "Automatically schedule All-Star Game" option is intended for use with schedules files that do not have an All-Star Game break and date specified in them. Using this option with such schedules causes OOTP to insert a three-day break about half-way through the schedule and schedule an All-Star Game on the middle day of the break. All the games after the break are thus pushed back three days from where they were originally scheduled.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote