Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
hockey72
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking for 2 new schedules

I'm looking for...

Using the historical league for 2006...

First one:
30 Teams, 2 Leagues, 4 Divisions in each League, Interleague Play, Balanced, anywhere around 162 games (would prefer 167 over 157 games if that was a choice). So the NL has 16 teams divided up equally into 4 divisions. The AL has 14 teams, with 2 divisions having 4 teams and 2 divisions with 3 teams.

Second one:
Then I would expand the AL by 2 teams so its the same as the NL layout.

If anyone could help that would be great. Now if the first choice isn't possible, then the second one would be just as great. The 30 team league schedule will only be used once in the first season, after that it would be with the 32 team league schedule. I just want the 2 new teams to have the ability to go through the expansion draft and the chance to sign some free agents. If I start the season with the 30...expand league by 2...it will only have the expansion draft...free agents would have to wait until the following season. Trying to give the new teams a little head start.

This is the way they should divide up the real ML's anyway with the 32 teams (obviously expanding by 2 teams - I've been going with New Orleans or Carolina and San Jose - by doing that, each division would have 2 teams starting with the same letter...weird I know).

Last edited by hockey72; 03-08-2008 at 02:47 PM.
hockey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that first option will require a little more thought.

Balanced would probably work out with about 9-10 games per league opponent. You did not intend the interleague to be part of the balanced, right? I am figuring something around 18-24 interleague games per team.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:14 AM   #3
hockey72
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not exactly sure what "balanced" schedule really means. I guess it could mean different things. I want it to mean the following by using KC as the example in my league...

They play the following...
AL East - 4 teams * 6 games each = 24 total games
AL NC - 4 teams * 6 games each = 24 total games
AL SC - 3 teams * 12 games each = 36 total games (more because thats the division they are in)
AL West - 4 teams * 6 games each = 24 total games
NL East - 4 teams * 4 games each = 16 total games
NL NC - 4 teams * 4 games each = 16 total games
NL SC - 4 teams * 4 games each = 16 total games
NL West - 4 teams * 4 games each = 16 total games

It comes out to 172 games, which isn't much more than they play now, even though some would agree their season is already too long. I have thought about changing the division one down from 12 times to 8 times, which would knock the total games down to 160 games. Probably would prefer 160 games over the 172.

Thats as close to "balanced" I would want. The interleague play would be "balanced" because the AL teams would play the NL the same and vice versa. The only difference in "balanced" is that some divisions are stronger than others, so BAL, for example probably would not agree because they would have to play TOR, BOS and NYA more than other teams because they are in the same division. Teams like KC, where I have TB, TEX and the expansion team CAR, would benefit more than BAL since they would only have to play those teams 6 times each, instead of 12.
I'm not sure how they schedule their games in MLB, but in the NFL, they play their division rivals twice (1H, 1A). I think College Basketball does the same thing. So this kind of goes along that same line. Playing against their own league is more important than playing against the other league. They also play each team the same amount of times at "home" than they do "away".
Like I said earlier, BAL wouldn't agree with the "balanced" schedule, but things change. KC use to be good in the 80's, just like BAL use to be great a while back.
The easy way of making a schedule would to just have KC play all 6 times against BAL, then have them play 6 times versus NYA and so forth. But I want a more "balanced" schedule where they would play BAL 3 times before the All-star game and then 3 times after the All-star game.

I hope that answers your question(s).

Last edited by hockey72; 03-09-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to make you go into such depth. "Balanced" in this scheduling context means playing all opponents the same number of times. Makes perfect sense playing with one division, but debatable with multiple divisions. What you describe with playing division opponents more is "unbalanced".

It appears you want an interleague series for each team against each team in the other league, correct? Are you tied to the number of games you have listed above? Preliminarily, I think it would work out with 42 division games (12-15 per opponent), 72 other league games (6 per opponent), and 48 interleague games (3 per opponent).

How does that sound?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
hockey72
Minors (Rookie Ball)

that would be fine. the reason for them playing each team in even games (like playing interleague games in 4) is so they play each other at home 2 games and away 2 games. i know in an older version of ootp, they had home field advantage as an option, but i'm pretty sure they don't have that option anymore.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
...I think it would work out with 42 division games (12-15 per opponent), 72 other league games (6 per opponent), and 48 interleague games (3 per opponent).
The attached has these parameters.

The 30-team schedule is probably never going to happen. It is a nightmare to try to balance asymmetric configurations like that with interleague.

Last edited by gmo; 03-23-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Fixed an error in schedule before anyone downloaded it