Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-30-2015, 08:28 PM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

I'm sorry but after more than 9 hours no one answered my question on the "quick questions" thread.

I am having trouble getting player pictures in the game. I have thousands of png files in the blah, blah, blah, saved_games/xxx.lg/graphics/player_pics folder on my MAC.

However, all I seem to be able to get is nothing (turn off facegen), or facegen pictures. I saw an option to change to a real picture (import photo file) but that looks in a documents folder on my MAC instead of the player_pics folder.

1. How do I get real pictures into the game?
2. Please tell me I can do this with one action and not one player at a time.

Thanks.

And a 3rd question. Do you have to do your mods for every season, or is there no default folder for all the pics and things you might want to use?

I use a MAC (as I said), and if possible, I would appreciate answers to my questions. I'm sure they're not brain teasers. If no one knows, that's sad. If someone knows, I'd be grateful.

Thank you.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:25 PM   #2
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

I don't have a Mac but here is where I unzipped player photos:

Documents > Out of the Park Developments > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > quickstart_games > Majors.quick > graphics > player_pics

The quickstart folder should be in the same directory as the saved games folder. Putting graphics here should make them show it up in every modern day game you play.

Hope that helps a little.
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:27 PM   #3
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

If the league is already created and they didn't copy over, you have to move the pic files into the Saved games folder for the league to pick them up.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:57 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

I haven't tried non-facegen pictures in quite a while, so things may have changed, but I believe the /photos folder in the top-level documents directory is the default storage spot for non-facegen portraits, and will copy them to any new game. I'll have to check with Sebastian in the morning if that's the case for Macs, though, he's the one that'll know for sure.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #5
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Yes they should but not if the league was created before they were there. Should check to see if the files are in the saved game folder
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:17 AM   #6
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Using OS X 10.10
To either get to the folder for the logos and such either at the FHM 2 launch screen choose
Preferences<Troubleshooting and click open customizable data folder.
That takes you to the os x file directory and you can replace folders in the quickstart_games folder inside the graphics folder and then in the sub-directories for each season.
You do have to create some of the folders yourself or if you use the files in the mod section of the form here most have created the actual folder for you to drop in.
For your saved seasons you have to go in under saved_games as the above only works for new seasons created after you have updated.
It does cover this in the manual as well under modding.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:37 AM   #7
mking55
All Star Starter

I have OS 10.10.

For my already created game I put the pics in a folder named blah/blah/blah/unde/saved_games/xxx.lg/graphics/player_pics. I got there through the main screen and "trouble shooting". The pictures did not show up in my game.

I put the pictures in the historical quick start (through trouble shooting). I just copied the graphics folder and all beneath it with my pictures in it and started a new game. I don't get any pictures.

I put the pictures in the pictures folder I can see through trouble shooting. I get no pictures.

I tried Jeff's idea and put the player_pics folder in my documents folder. I get no pictures.

That is no pictures for my already created league, or any league I start.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:40 AM   #8
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunt3m View Post
I don't have a Mac but here is where I unzipped player photos:

Documents > Out of the Park Developments > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > quickstart_games > Majors.quick > graphics > player_pics

The quickstart folder should be in the same directory as the saved games folder. Putting graphics here should make them show it up in every modern day game you play.

Hope that helps a little.
I believe you did this on a Windows computer. In the MAC setup there is no "Franchise Hockey Manager 2"" folder in the "Out of the Park Developments" folder in the Documents folder.

Am I right or did my computer not do something right when it ran setup?

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:17 AM   #9
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheat42 View Post
Using OS X 10.10
To either get to the folder for the logos and such either at the FHM 2 launch screen choose
Preferences<Troubleshooting and click open customizable data folder.
That takes you to the os x file directory and you can replace folders in the quickstart_games folder inside the graphics folder and then in the sub-directories for each season.
You do have to create some of the folders yourself or if you use the files in the mod section of the form here most have created the actual folder for you to drop in.
For your saved seasons you have to go in under saved_games as the above only works for new seasons created after you have updated.
It does cover this in the manual as well under modding.
Unlike "Jerry Maguire" where he got Renee Zellweger at "hello", you lost me at "replace folders in the quick start_games folder inside the graphics folder and then in the sub-directories for each season".

I have no "quick start" games so I went into the quick start folder and put my pictures in the historical quick start since I'm running historical seasons. No luck.

Nothing works. Any other ideas?
Old 10-01-2015, 04:28 AM   #10
mking55
All Star Starter

When I put logos in the logo_teams folder in saved_games for my league, they show up. If I put a logo_teams folder on top (where all the other game related folders are), nothing appears.

Where's the default? Why aren't I getting my pictures? Is this really worth all the time I'm spending on it and how crazy it's making me?

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:35 AM   #11
mking55
All Star Starter

A small favour from those using a MAC with real-life photos if you please.

Could you put up a screen shot of your folders where I can see the folder where the photos are, and could you put up a screen shot of the "get info" from one of the pictures.

Who knows? Maybe I'm crazy or maybe I'm missing something.

Thank you.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:07 AM   #12
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Let's take this step by step (not a Mac person myself) and bring them up in an existing save first.

Your locations looks ok, so maybe it is the naming. Do you use a face pack from this side or your own? Can you post the filename of e.g. Patrick Kane?
Old 10-01-2015, 07:13 AM   #13
mking55
All Star Starter

Is it my naming convention?

Here is Mr. Kane, currently out of the Buffalo City Prison.

The file name is Patrick_Kane.png and this is where it is stored.

/Users/martinking/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.fhm2macappstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/saved_games/NHL61.lg/graphics/player_pics

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:28 AM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thats it, it should be Patrick_Kane_19_11_1998.png.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
Is it my naming convention?

Here is Mr. Kane, currently out of the Buffalo City Prison.

The file name is Patrick_Kane.png and this is where it is stored.

/Users/martinking/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.fhm2macappstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/saved_games/NHL61.lg/graphics/player_pics

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:33 AM   #15
mking55
All Star Starter

Thank you.

I don't see a naming convention style in the manual. Where is it?

What does the _19_11_1998 mean? (I think you meant 1988 and it's the birthday. Is that correct).

Do I have to use the birthday in the name?

Is there a place to drop all the photos so no matter what historical league I set up, it will use those photos? Or, do I have to put them in every saved game I use?

Thanks again.

Last edited by mking55; 10-01-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #16
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Sorry, should have been 1988.

Yes, it is the birthdate and it is needed for player with the same name.

You can copy the pics to the quickstarts (historical and/or modern) and the game will copy them to the saves when starting a new game.

Just use the troubleshooting menu to go to the data folder and then:

.../data/quickstart_games/Historical.quicks/graphics/
Old 10-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #17
mking55
All Star Starter

I've tried this about 7 times now and one time it seemed to work. I put 2 players in this folder:/Users/martinking/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.fhm2macappstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/quickstart_games/Historical.quick/graphics/player_pics

One was named George_Armstrong_6_7_1930.png and the other was named Johnny_Bower.png.

Every time I created a historical league except once, George Armstrong was that generic picture the game puts in. One time it was the real picture. I kept going back to the folder above and the George Armstrong picture was the real one. Why would the historically started season not use the picture you have led me to believe it should use?

As for Johnny Bower, I guess even if there is only one Johnny Bower I have to use his birthdate. Is this correct?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to go look up every players birthday since 1931? I have no idea why you need this. The baseball game doesn't. I almost think this is a personal attack upon me.

I put the correct George Armstrong picture in the saved games player_pics folder for the correct saved game and when I loaded it next time, I got the phony picture. It was the only picture in the folder. Why wasn't the real George Armstrong picture used for the saved game?

If you could answer this, I'd appreciate it. I can't explain how annoying this whole process is.