Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 11-05-2017, 06:54 PM   #161
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 3rd,1985

Today the Phillies are going with John Denny (9-11,4.38).
The Giants have Atlee Hammaker (11-12, 3.39) on the mound.

I am only 1 for 8 vs Denny. Yesterday's lifting still stings. I need to show Nestor that it is a mistake not to count on me.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by hitting a grounder that didn't even reach the grass. Grounded out the Ernie White behind the plate.

In the 2nd Von Hayes hit a lead-off homer to open the scoring. I took a Juan Samuel grounder for the 3rd out.

Phillies lead 1-0.

In the 3rd I snagged a Tim Raines liner for the 2nd out. Nice play.

In the home half I came up with one out and dropped the ball into shallow left for a single. I quickly picked up stolen base #103. I now have the fifth most in a single season in the modern era. Next stop, Maury Wills.
I move to 3rd on a Kenny Oberkfell groundout. That should have been it but Samuel throws away a Chili Davis grounder and I score.

Game tied 1-1.

The Phillies get the lead back in the 4th as Denny singles home Rick Schu. I grab another Samuel grounder for the final out.

Phillies lead 2-1.

In the top of the 5th I take a Mike Schmidt grounder for the last out.

Into the bottom half I led off by grounding out to Craig Reynolds at short. Kenny O was then thumped by a pitch and Chili made them pay by hitting a two run homer.

Giants lead 3-2.

Philadelphia tied in back up in the 6th when Hayes scored on a Whitt sac fly. Schu grounded to me for the 2nd out.

Game tied 3-3.

I was pulled for a pinch hitter in the 7th again.

We ended up losing 4-3 in 13 innings.

I watched nearly as much as I played.

We are 68-63.

I went 1 for 3 with a run scored and a stolen base.

Jose Cruz of the Astros got his 2000th hit. If I am going to get there, first I have to gain the trust of my manager.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:08 PM   #162
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 4th, 1985

Today the Phillies are going with a pitcher who got 3 games of work at the big-league level back in '83. Tony Ghelfi has not pitched dint he bigs since then.
The Giants are going with Jeff Robinson (9-10, 4.18).

Here we go!

I led off the bottom of the 1st, as the first to face Ghelfi in a couple of years and I made the least of it - grounding out to Craig Reynolds at short.

He did not get out of the inning unscathed, however, as Lee Mazzili drove Chili Davis across.

Giants lead 1-0.

I came up again in the 2nd, with two out and Terry Harper on 1st. I grounded out to Reynolds again.

The Phillies tied it up in the 4th when Von Hayes knocked Reynolds across. It didn't stop there as Tin Raines crossed on a Mike Schmidt groundout. Hayes nearly scored on an Ernie Whitt sac fly but Rob Deer threw a laser beam to gun him down at the plate.

Phillies lead 2-1.

In the 4th I came up with two out and Terry on 3rd this time. Ghelfi squeezed me a bit too much and I was on with a hit-by-pitch. He then walked Kenny Oberkfell to load 'em up. Chili grounded out to end the threat.

In the 5th the Phils got another as Cliff Johnson scored on a Ghelfi sac fly.

Phillies lead 3-1.

We got to Ghelfi and the Phils hard that inning. With one out he walked both Mazzilli and Brian Harper. Terry then smacked a double, scoring Lee. They intentionally walked Fran Mullins to face Jeff. That worked out as he hit a weak grounder that led to Brian out on the force at home. With me due up they pulled Ghelfi and brought in Arturo Gonzalez. We walked me with the bases loaded and then gave up a run scoring single to Kenny O.

Giants lead 4-3.

Oddy, after letting him hit last inning, Jeff gave up a single to the first batter and was pulled for Curt Brown. Brown gave up the lead pretty quickly as Hayes hit a two-run double. Two batters later Mike Schmidt hit a two run homer. Curt never even got an out before he was pulled for Bill Laskey. He retired the next three.

Phillies lead 7-4.

In the bottom of the 6th Rob Deer led off with a single and then scored on a Mazzilli double. Lee later scored on a Terry Harper single.

Phillies lead 7-6.

Laskey was lifted for a pinch hitter so Frank Williams took the mound in the 7th. He gave up a couple of baserunners but kept them from scoring.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Bill Dawley. I grounded out to Reynolds for the third time today.

I made my first defensive play in the 8th, handling a Cliff Johnson pop-up.

Another pinch hitter for us that inning led to Scott Garrelts taking over mound duties in the 9th. I got the 2nd out for him on a Juan Samuel fielder's choice.

Bottom of the 9th, down by one, facing the Philadelphia closer Willie Hernandez and this time Nestor is leaving me in! I really feel like I need to prove a point here... and I do! Single through the right side! I am erased pretty quickly, though, as Kenny O hit into a fielder's choice. Chili singled, moving Kenny up a bag. Mike Jones was put on 2nd as pinch-runner. Deer flew out and we were down to our last out. Hernandez through a wild pitch and now the tying run was on 3rd and winning run was on 2nd.

Hernandez struck out Mazzilli to end it.

Phillies win 7-6.

We are 68-64. That is 4 losses in a row.

I went 1 for 4 with a walk and an RBI.

Tomorrow is an off day and then the Expos are in town.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #163
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 6th, 1985

The Expos are in town and they are pitching Ed Whitson (9-6, 3.10).
The Giants are going with Mike Krukow (11-11, 3.94).

I have gone 4 for 10 against Whitson. Hopefully that will bear out today.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by striking out. Not the best start.

In the 2nd I was the pivot on a Mullins - Priske - Mazzilli double play off AL cowers, also getting Gary Carter.

In the 3rd I got the 3rd out, taking a Pat Tabler grounder.

I led off the bottom half but sneaking a ball through the right side for a single. I quickly picked up stolen base #104. I then scored on a Kenny Oberkfell single. A couple of batters later Rob Deer belted a two run homer.

Giants lead 3-0.

Montreal got not he board in the 4th as Gary Carter matched Deer's feat with a two run blast. I got the 3rd out that frame, handling a grounder by Al Cowens.

Giants lead 3-2.

I then had the 1st out in the 5th, off a Tom Foley grounder, but Lee Mazzilli dropped it at his end. He later scored on a Toby Harrah single, tying the game.

Game tied 3-3.

I led off the bottom of the 5th but Whitson struck me out again.

In the 7th I took a Cowens grounder for the 1st out.

I was lifted for a pinch hitter that inning. 1 for 3 isn't good enough, I guess.

Have you picked up on the fact that I really hate being pinch hit for?

The Expos scored 3 times in the 8th. We picked one up in the 9th but still lost 6-4. That is five losses in a row.

We are 68-65.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #164
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 7th, 1985

Today the Expos are pitching Andy McGaffigan (5-10, 3.09).
The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (7-9, 5.05).

I am 0 for 3 vs McGaffigan.

The Expos got to us right away as Pat Tabler scored on a wild pitch by Terry. Things didn't get better as Terry's 4th walk of the inning pushed Dale Murphy across. His 5th did the same for Gary Carter.

Expos lead 3-0.

I led off the bottom half, trying to get some back, and I took a walk on four pitches. Believe it or not, I got thrown out trying to steal. Carter has a rifle! Bob Brenly did the job, though, hitting a two run triple, scoring Chili Davis and Rob Deer.

Expos lead 3-2.

Montreal didn't slow down in the 2nd as Al Cowens hit an RBI single.

Expos lead 4-2.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Lee Mazzilli on 3rd. I cashed him in with a single to left. RBI! This time I got the steal! #105! Kenny Oberkfell hit one into the left field corner and I crossed to tie the game!

Game tied 4-4!

In the 4th Murphy hit one past me that I really should have had. They didn't give me an error, but still.

In the bottom half I came up in the exact same situation as last time. Mazzilli on 3rd with two out. This time I grounded out to Toby Harrah at 2nd.

The Expos got the bases loaded with none out thanks to an error and two walk sin the top of the 5th. Nestor gave Terry the hook after giving up a total of eight walks. Mark Grant took over. He got in 6 games for the team last year, but it is his first taste this season. He got Leon Durham for the 1st out, but it was a sac fly to cash in an inherited runner. He got the net two to minimize the damage.

Expos lead 5-4.

The lead was short lived as Dear singled home Chili in the bottom half.

Game tied 5-5.

In the 6th I came up with two out (again) and Fran Mullins on 2nd. It was Vern Ruhle pitching now. I grounded out right back to Ruhle.

In the 8th I got a Cowens grounder for the 3rd out.

In the top of the 9th Ron Davis came in to pitch in a multi-way switch that brought Guy Sularz, Chris Brown, and Mike Aldrete into the game.

I got Ron the 1st out, taking a Tim Wallach grounder. I then got him the 3rd out, doing the same to Bryan Little.

Nestor pinch hit for me in the 9th. I feel less put out this time (though I would have preferred to stay in), because he is pulling lots of guys today.

Brenly ended hitting a walk-off solo homer in the 10th to give us a 6-5 win to end the losing streak.

We are 69-65.

I went 1 for 3 with an RBI, Run Scored, Walk, and Stolen Base.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:38 PM   #165
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 8th, 1985

Today the Expos are pitching David Palmer (3-11, 5.38).
The Giants are using Atlee Hammaker (11-12, 3.40).

I am 0 for 3 vs Palmer.

I got the 3rd out in the first frame, making a good play on a Gary Carter grounder.

I led off the bottom half by hitting a roller over the bag into centre. Kenny Oberkfell nearly hit into a double play but Toby Harrah screwed it up and we were both safe. I ran to 3rd for stolen base #106! Palmer struck out the next three and I was left there.

In the 3rd I got the 3rd out again, this grounder was by Pat Tabler.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and worked a walk. I moved to 2nd on a Kenny O ground out. That's as far as I got.

I took a Dale Murphy grounder for the 1st out in the 4th. I pivoted a Mullins - Priske - Mazzilli double play to get Al Cowens and Carter to end it.

I led off the bottom of the 6th by grounding out to Harrah at 2nd.

I got Carter for the 1st out in the 7th, handling an easy grounder. I did the same to Tim Wallach for the 3rd.

I was lifted for a pinch hitter in the 8th. It was still 0-0. To be fair, Mike Hargrove did hit a sac flay in that spot to score the only run.

We won 1-0.

70-65

I went 1 for 2 with a walk and a stolen base.

Atlee got the shut out!

Tomorrow we are in Houston!

Old 11-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #166
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 9th, 1985

We are the only NL game going today for some reason. We are int he Astrodome and Houston is pitching Bob Knepper (11-12, 3.41)
The Giants have Jeff Robinson (9-10, 4.28).

I have gone 2 for 10 vs Knepper.

I started things off by launching a ball into left field for a single. Terry Harper bunted me over to 2nd. (Why didn't I just steal? I can beat Hassey.) I, of course, stole 3rd. SB #107. I couldn't move up the last 90 feet.

Things go against us in the bottom half as Jose Cruz belts a two run double to take the lead.

Astros lead 2-0.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and struck out.

Houston kept at it that inning as Jerry Mumphrey hit a two-run dinger to extend their lead.

Astros lead 4-0.

I made my first defensive play in the 4th, snagging a Chuck Jackson grounder for the 2nd out.

I led off the 5th and Knepper pitched me inside... too far inside. I glared at him but didn't want to give him he satisfaction. Besides, putting me on base is punishment enough. Yep, stolen base #108. No scoring though.

Frank Williams took over pitching duties for us in the 6th. He only faced one batter, but was successful.

I came up in the 7th with two out and grounded out to Doug DeCinces at 3rd.

Bill Laskey was next on the hill for San Fran.

I got the 3rd out in the 8th, taking a Ron Hassey grounder, saving a run.

We were never able to score and lost 4-0.

We are 70-66.

I went 1 for 3 with a pair of stolen bases.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #167
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 10th, 1985

We are in Houston and pitching Randy Morse (1-2, 5.45).
The Astros are pitching Bert Blyleven (9-15, 4.13).

I am 0 for 5 vs the vet.

I kicked off the game by making it 0 for 6. Blyleven struck me out.

I wasn't happy with my defensive play in the 1st either. With two out Doug DeCinces snuck on east me to score Bill Doran from 3rd.

Astros lead 1-0.

We tied it up in the 2nd when Mike Aldrete hit a solo shot.

Game tied 1-1.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and Fran Mullins on 1st. I popped out to Keith Hernandez at 1st. Happily Kenny Oberkfell doubled and cashed in Fran.

Giants lead 2-1.

I got the 3rd out in the bottom half, taking a grounder from Jerry Mumphrey.

In the 4th Mike Aldrete had to leave the game after a collision on the base paths. He looked pretty out of it. Maybe a concussion.

The Astros tied it back up in the 4th when Dickie Thon hit a sac fly, cashing in Hernandez.

Game tied 2-2.

I came up in the 5th with one out and Morse on 1st. I worked a four pitch walk. Kenny O hit another double and we both scored! It was followed by a single by Chili Davis and another 2-run double by Mike Hargrove!

Giants lead 6-2!

In the 6th I came up with two out and Fran on 2nd. I was facing Michael Anderson who came on in relief last inning. I grounded out to Doran at 2nd.

In the bottom half the 'Stros came roaring back when Chuck Jackson smashed a three-run dinger.

Giants lead 6-5.

The 7th was another big inning for us! Starting with two already out, Hargrove singled. Bob Brenly singled. Brian Harper singled. Rob Deer based a big three-run double. Fran doubled him home.

Giants lead 10-5.

Mark Calvert took over pitching for Morse in the bottom of the 7th.

He did not do well. He gave up three straight hits, including an RBI single for DeCinces. Hernandez tried to score on a Jose Cruz fly ball but Chili gunned him down!

Giants lead 10-6.

I led off the 8th, now facing Jeff Calhoun, by grounding out to Hernandez at 1st.

Calvert continued his struggles that inning, giving up a two-run homer to Jackson. He didn't last much past that as Nestor went with Ron Davis. He fared now better, giving u a solo homer to the first batter he faced, Bill Doran. I took care of a Mumphrey grounder for the 2nd out and a Hernandez grounder for the 3rd.

Giants lead 10-9.

Ron gave up a hit to lead off the 9th and by the time I took a Ron Hassey grounder for the 2nd out, pinch runner Joey Cora was standing on 3rd. Terry Puhl came in as a pinch hitter and smacked a ball to the right but Fran grabbed it to preserve the win.

A win for us!

71-66

I went 0 for 4 with a walk and a run scored.

Last edited by rpriske; 11-18-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #168
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 11th, 1985

The Astros are pitching Ray Burris (12-7, 3.81).
The Giants are going with Mike Krukow (11-11, 3.89).

I have gone 3 for 13 vs Burris.

I kicked off the game by watching strike three.
Before the inning was up Lee Mazzilli had singled home Kenny Oberkfell.

Giants lead 1-0.

I got the 1st out for Houston, taking grounder from lead-off hitter Bill Doran.

In the 2nd I came up with two out and Fran Mullins on 2nd. I flew out to Chuck Jackson in centre.

The Astros tied things up that inning when Jackson doubled Ron Hassey home. The tied was short lived as Doran hit a two-run, two-out homer.

Astros lead 3-1.

I got the 2nd out in the 3rd, handling a Hassey grounder.

In the 4th Fran go bus one back, with an RBI single that scored Brian Harper. I came up with one out, Fran on 2nd and Terry Harper on 3rd. I flew out to right. Mumphrey caught it too shallow for Terry to score. Kenny O did the work, though, smacking a double, scoring both. Then Chili Davis hit a two-run blast. Before it was done we got two more as Brian Harper hit a two run single.

Giants lead 8-3!

I got the 2nd out in the bottom half, on a grounder by Doran. Chuck Jackson scored on the play, though. I then made a great catch on a Jerry Mumphrey liner to end the inning.

Giants lead 8-4.

I came up in the 5th, facing Sam Moore, with two out and Terry Harper on 2nd. I hit what looked like a double or even triple into the corner but Mumphrey nixed me with a highlight reel diving catch.

In the bottom half Doug DeCinces hit a two-run homer, closing the gap to two runs.

Giants lead 8-6.

We got them back the same ay as Chili hit a two-run homer in the 6th!

Giants lead 10-6. (Our second straight double digit game!)

I came up in the 7th, now facing Mike Madden, with two out and Fran on 2nd. I struck out. This is a pretty bad day for me at the dish!

Curt Brown took over on the mound for us after Krukow was pinch hit for.
He gave up a run on a Hassey single, scoring Mumphrey. Then Dickie Then did the same, scoring Hernandez.

Giants lead 10-8.

In the 8th I got the 1st out behind Curt, taking a grounder from pinch hitter Joey Cora. After he gave up a couple of hits, Nestor pulled Curt for Frank Williams. He got out of it.

He got the 1st two outs in the 9th before nicking Juan Delgado. With Mark Bailey at the plate, Brian Harper threw down to 1st and picked off Delgado to end the game!

Another big win!

72-66.

I was a big goose egg for 5.

Mike Aldrete was put on the disabled list with a concussion. It looks like he is probably down of the rest of the season, or at least most of it.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #169
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 12th, 1985

Today the Astros are throwing Mike Scott (10-14, 3.69) at us.
The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (7-9, 5.16).

I am 1 for 6 vs Scott.

I led off the game by riving a liner to right for a single. Unfortunately Kenny Oberkfell then hits into a double play.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half, with me on 2nd and 3rd, catching a pop up by Keith Hernandez. Doug DeCinces then scored both with a single. I erased DeCinces on a fielder's choice by Jose Cruz.

Astros lead 2-0.

In the 2nd I was the pivot on a Mullins - Priske - O'Malley double play to get Dickie Thon and Chuck Jackson.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Fran Mullins on 3rd. I hit one to the wall in centre, scoring Fran, and nabbing a double!

Astros lead 2-1.

I ended the inning in the bottom half by starting a Priske - Mullins - O'Malley double play to get Hernandez and DeCinces!

I came up in the 5th with one out and Mulholland on 1st. Scott struck me out.

In the bottom half I got the 2nd out, catching a Bill Doran pop up.

In the 6th I got the 1st out, snagging a Hernandez liner in a great play!

Things were tough for Mulholland in the 7th. He loaded the bases with only one out and then uncorked a wild pitch that scored Thon. Then Doran scored the other two with a single before Nestor went to the pen and brought in Pat Perry. We finished things off with an Oberkfell - Priske - O'Malley double play.

Astros lead 5-1.

I led off the 8th, now facing Frank DiPino, by lining out to Hernandez at 1st.

We weren't able to get any more accomplished and lost 5-1.

We are 72-67.

I went 2 for 4 with a double and an RBI!

Tomorrow we are in Atlanta.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #170
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 13th, 1985

Friday the 13th! Good thing baseball players aren't superstitious (/sarcasm).

We are in Atlanta facing Len Barker (5-15, 4.90) and the Braves.
The Giants are pitching Atlee Hammaker (12-12, 3.26).

I am 2 for 5 vs Barker.

Let's go!

I led off by hitting one deep to centre, but it was caught out there by Gerald Perry.

I get into right away not he defensive end, taking a Brad Komminsk grounder for the 1st out. Perry followed with an infield single and scored on an Andres Galarraga double. Galarraga later scored on a Reggie Jackson single.

Braves lead 2-0.

In the 2nd Mike Hargrove knocked Bob Brenly across to get one back.

Braves lead 2-1.

In the bottom half I got the final out off another Komminsk grounder.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Barker struck me out.

In the bottom half Galarraga smoked a two-run homer.

Braves lead 4-1.

In the 4th I got the 3rd out again... again on a Komminsk grounder.

I came up next in the 6th, with one out, and I belted my 5th home run! Wooo!!!

Braves lead 4-2.

Hammaker reached the end of the line in the 7th. He left the game for Frank Williams, along with Brian Harper replacing Terry Harper in left in a double switch.

I came up in the 8th with one out and Brian Harper on 1st. I was now facing Steve Howe. I hit another deep one but Perry caught it in deep centre. Behind me Kenny Oberkfell, Chili Davis, and Rob Deer hit consecutive singles to score two more runs to tie the game!

Game tied 4-4!

I was set to come up in the 9th with two out and two on and Nestor lifted me for Tom O'Malley.

Apparently even hitting a home run isn't enough to keep me in the game.
That's some bull right there.

All right, so Tom hit the game winning single. Hard to stay mad.

We won 5-4.

We are 73-67.

I went 1 for 4... but what a 1! Home run!

Old 11-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #171
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 14th, 1985

Today in Atlanta we are facing Mike Payne (1-9, 7.64).
The Giants are pitching Jeff Robinson (9-11, 4.35).

I am 3 for 7 vs Payne.

I really feel like we need a win today and I need a big game.

I lead off with a little roller to the right side that manages to get through. Single. Stolen base #109. With that I move into 2nd on the all-item single season list (Modern, anyway). Ricky Henderson nabbed 130 in '82. Lee Mazzilli pops out but then when I try to steal 3rd, I not only get Stolen Base #110 but Galarraga throws it away and I score. Later Chris Brown knocks in Chili Davis.

Giants lead 2-0.

I came up in the 2nd with one out and Fran Mullins on 2nd. This time Payne struck me out.

Chili led off the 3rd with a solo homer.

Giants lead 3-0.

I came up in the 4th with two out and grounded out to Dusty Baker at 1st.

In the bottom half Reggie Jackson scored on a Gerald Perry sac fly. Then Address Galarraga scored on a Paul Zuvella fielder's choice.

Giants lead 3-2.

Mark Grant took over for Robinson in the 5th. He gave up a three-run homer to Reggie. Then Dusty scored Galarraga with a double. I caught Perry's pop up for the 2nd out.

Braves lead 6-3.

Bill Laskey took the mound for us in the 6th. Brad Komminsk scored on an errant throw by Bob Brenly. Dave Concepcion scored on a Ron Cry single that involved a Rob Deer error. We have made three errors already.

Braves lead 8-3.

Atlanta is not a strong team and it is a very weak pitcher, yet this is how we play?

I led off the 7th by working a walk. Stolen Base #111. The tv announcers considered a 'dubious move'. I say it is only 'dubious' if you think they can catch you. Mazzilli walked behind me, making it moot. I went to 3rd when Chili hit into a double play. I was unable to cross.

I snagged a wicked liner off Perry's bat for the 1st out in the bottom half.

In the 8th Chris Brown made our 4th error and it cost us when he was followed by a Reggie homer.

Braves lead 10-3.

I came up in the 9th with one out and Sixto Lezcano on 1st. I was now facing Craig McMurtry and he walked me. Brian Harper followed with a pinch hit double that scored Sixto and put me on 3rd. Chili singled and I scored. Brian scored on a Deer sac fly. The Braves switched to Ken Dayley but he allowed Brenly to single before Chris Brown ground out to end it.

We lost 10-6.

That is kind of an embarrassing loss.

I went 1 for 3 with 2 walks, 2 runs scored, and 2 stolen bases. Not bad.

We are 73-68.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #172
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 15th, 1985

Today the Braves are pitching Tom Glavine (2-10, 7.64).
We are going with Randy Morse (2-2, 5.75).

Not exactly a Cy Young battle.

I have gone 1 for 4 vs Glavine.

I started off the game by doing something I do very rarely. I hit my 6th ever home run on 3-1 pitch! Boom!

Before the inning was up Brian Harper had knocked Chili Davis across as well.

Giants lead 2-0!

In the bottom half I caught an Andres Galarraga pop up for the 2nd out.

In the 2nd Morse helped the cause by singling home Terry Harper. I came up with Morse on 1st and one out. This time Glavine struck me out. (I think I was over-swinging that time.)

Giants lead 3-0.

In the 3rd Brad Komminsk did what I had done and hit a lead-off homer. I then made the 1st out on a Dave Concepcion grounder.

Giants lead 3-1.

I came up in the 4th with, again, Morse on 1st and one out. I blasted a liner to centre but Gerald Perry snagged it.

I came up in the 6th with two out and Mike Hargrove on 1st. I lined out to Reggie Jackson in right.

Morse had left the game for a pinch hitter so now Frank Williams took over for us. He gave up a single to Dusty Baker but then we completed a nice Oberkfell - Priske - Hargrove double play on Perry to erase him.

The 7th was huge for us.

First Chris Brown was hit by a pitch but then picked off 1st. Then Chili doubled and they intentionally walked Rob Deer. After a wild pitch moved the runners up they intentionally walked Brian Harper. Kenny Oberkfell was then UNintentionally walked, pushing Child across. Then Terry Harper was ALSO walked, to score Deer. Hargrove singled, scoring Brian Harper. Alejandro Sanchez pinch hit for Frank and hit a sac fly, scoring Kenny. They finally lifted Glavine and Duane Ward came it to strike me out.

Giants lead 7-1.

Mark Calvert took over pitching for us. I caught pinch hitter Milt Thompson's pop up for the 1st out. With two out Mark allowed a walk, a hit, and a walk to load the bases. He then gave up a one run single to Reggie. A wild pitch then scored Galarraga. He walked Dusty Baker to reload the bags. Perry grounded out to end it.

Giants lead 7-3.

In the 8th Brian Harper singled Deer home.

Giants lead 8-3.

I came up in the 9th with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 1st. Craig McMurtry was pitching. I singled, moving Lee up a bag. I was erased on a Chris Brown fielder's choice.

Mark Grant pitched the bottom of the 9th for us. He allowed a couple of baserunners but defensive replacement at 1st, Guy Salary, started and finished a Salary - Priske - Salary double play to end the game.

Giants win 8-3!

I went 2 for 6 with a home run!

We are 74-68.

It was nice to see my name on the news. I was even interviewed afterwards!

Tomorrow we are going to Cincinnati.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #173
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 16th, 1985

We are in Cincinnati.

The Reds are pitching Jay Tibbs (10-9, 4.40)
The Giants are going with Mike Krukow (12-11, 4.00).

This is good news for me as I have gone 5 for 8 vs TIbbs.

Hey, our old teammate Kenny Smith is catching for the Reds today!

Let's start it off right.

And I do! I smacked a ball to the wall in right canter and legged out a double! I then went for 3rd and Ken Smith threw it away! Stolen base #112 and a run scored!

Giants lead 1-0!

I got the 2nd out in the bottom half, catching a Dan Driessen pop up.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Fran Mullins on 3rd and Krukow on 1st. I grounded out to Driessen at 1st.

Things got a little rough for Krukow int eh bottom of the 2nd where his third walk of the inning was against their pitcher with the bases loaded. Then Kal Daniels singled for another run. Lee Mazzilli bobbled an easy grounder for another. Eric Davis walked. Nick Essay cleared the all off with a grand slam.

Wow. Ugh.

Reds lead 8-1.

In the 4th Fran Mullins singled home Terry Harper for a run. I came up with one out and Mike Jones on 2nd and Fran on 1st. Mike tried to steal 3rd and was gunned down.

That was about the stupidest play I have seen. Trying to steal when down by six and it doesn't even break up a double play? What was he thinking?

I singled. Mike would have scored on that hit.

Kenny Oberkfell grounded out.

Reds lead 8-2.

Mark Calvert took over for us on the mound in the bottom half.

Daniels scored on a Davis sac fly.

Reds lead 9-2.

I got the first out in the bottom of the 5th, handling an Eddie Milner grounder.

I came up in the 6th with two out and worked a walk. I stole 2nd and took 3rd with Ken Smith threw the ball away again. Sorry Kenny. Stolen base #113. I didn't score.

In the bottom frame Daniels scored on a Davis sac fly again. Then Esasky hit his second homer of the game. This time it was two-run shot.

Reds lead 12-2.

Mark Grant took over pitching for us in the 8th. The first batter he faced was Kal Daniels who hit a solo home run. I got the 2nd out, taking a grounder from Davis.

I led off the 9th, now facing Joel Lono. I grounded out to Skeeter Barnes at 1st but he dropped the ball, allowing me to reach on his error. Kenny O singled behind me, moving me up to 2nd. Chili Davis walked, loading them up. I scored but on a double play ball by Bob Brenly. A run for two outs is a pretty bad trade right now.

It ended at 13-3.

Terrible game for us, but a pretty good one for me.

2 for 4 with a single, a double, a walk, a run scored, and two stolen bases.

We are 74-69.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:38 AM   #174
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 17th, 1985

Today the Reds are pitching Charlie Puleo (0-1, 9.90).
The Giants have Terry Mulholland (7-10, 5.24).

None of us have ever faced Puleo.

I start the game off by striking out.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and dropped a ball into short right for a single. That is quickly followed by stolen base #114 AND #115. I then score on a Kenny Oberkfell ground out.

Giants lead 1-0.

The lead doesn't;t last long as Dan Driessen hits an RBI double in the bottom half, scoring Eric Davis. Then Eddie Milner scored Tracy Jones and Driessen with a single.

Reds lead 3-1.

It got worse in the 4th when Nick Esasky hit a two run homer.

Reds ;had 5-1.

I led off the 5th by hitting one up the middle for a single. I advanced to 2nd on a Kenny O ground out. Chili Davis walked. I tried to steal 3rd and I was actually thrown out! That doesn't happen very often!

I made my first defensive play that inning, snagging a nice liner by Puleo for the 3rd out.

Mullholland was lifted for Curt Brown in the 6th.

I came up in the 7th with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 1st. Joe Price was now on the mound. I walked. Kenny O hit a triple scoring us both!

Reds lead 5-3.

Mark Davis took the mound for us in the bottom half. He pitched one inning before turning it over to Scott Garrelts in the 8th.

I led off the top of the 9th, now facing Donnie Moore. I grounded out to Bill Russell at 2nd. We were unable to score and lost 5-3.

We are now 74-70.

I went 2 for 4 with a walk, two runs scored, and two stolen bases.

We are back home tomorrow to face the Padres.

Last edited by rpriske; 12-08-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:02 AM   #175
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 18th, 1985

I had written up this game but for some reason it is gone.

The short version: The Padres beat the Giants 10-8.

I went 0 for 3 with a walk and a hit by pitch as well as a run scored and an RBI.

We are 74-71.

Last edited by rpriske; 12-12-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:37 AM   #176
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 19th, 1985

Today the Padres are pitching Dave Dravecky (5-12, 4.22).
The Giants have Jeff Robinson up there (9-11, 4.40).

I have gone 2 for 7 vs Dravecky.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by striking out.

In the 2nd I was the pivot on an Oberkfell - Priske - Hargrove double play to get Randy Ready and Pat Casey out.

In the bottom half we started the scoring when Mike Hargrove singled Terry Harper home.

Giants lead 1-0.

I led off the 3rd by legging out an infield single. Then came stolen base #116. I moved to 3rd on a Chris Brown ground out. I was left there.

We lost the lead in the 4th when Ready hit a two-run homer with one out.

Padres lead 2-1.

I got the 1st out in the 5th, handling an Alan Wiggins grounder.

I came up with two out and John Kruk stole a hit from me out in left.

After allowing the first batter to reach in the 6th, Robinson was lifted for Bill Laskey. Laskey gave up a gopher ball to the first batter he faced, Larry Parrish.

Padres lead 4-1.

In the bottom half we came roaring back when, with two out, Rob Deer tripled, Brian Harper singled, Ken Oberkfell doubled, Dravecky balked, and Terry Harper singled.

Game tied 4-4!

I got the 1st out in the 7th, catching a pop up from pinch hitter, Al Newman.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and Craig Lefferts on the mound. I flew out to Kevin McReynolds in centre.

Scott Garrelts took over pitching for us in the 8th. Ron Davis got the nod in the 9th. He was unable to hold it and two Padres scored on a two-out single by Wiggins. He then stole 2nd and scored on an Ozzie Guillen single.

Padres lead 7-4.

And that was where it finished.

We were now 74-72

I went 1 for 4 with a stolen base.

But more importantly, we were officially eliminated from the play-off picture.

We hadn't seriously thought we were going to make it, and this was a big upswing from last year's team, but still. Losing isn't fun.

The Dodgers are in town tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:48 AM   #177
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 20th, 1985

The Dodgers are in town and they are pitching Alejandro Pena (4-2, 2.47).
The Giants are answering with Randy Morse (3-2, 5.32).

I am 1 for 5 vs Pena.

I got into in the 1st, taking a Pedro Guerrero grounder for the 3rd out.

I led off the bottom half by fanning on a full count pitch. Right behind me, though, Kenny Oberkfell walked and Rob Deer smacked a two run homer.

Giants lead 2-0.

Things started falling apart in the 2nd when a double, single and walk loaded the bases.Then Randy walked Dave Anderson, plating a run. Rich Bauer singled and the game was tied. Mariano Duncan singled Chuck Lynn across. Anderson scored on a wild pitch.

Dodgers lead 4-2.

I got the 3rd out int he 3rd, off a Lynn grounder.

I led off the bottom of the 3rd by striking out again.

In the 4th Duncan hit a home run with Anderson standing on 3rd.

Dodgers lead 6-2.

Mark Calvert took over pitching for us in the 5th. I got the 1st out for him, catching a Guerrero pop up.

Duncan got to us again in the 6th, as he hit an RBI double, scoring Pena.

Dodgers lead 7-2.

I led off again in the bottom of the 6th and I pushed one through the right side for a single. I was erased pretty quickly, though, as Kenny O hit into a double play.

I got the 3rd out in the 8th on a nifty back-hand pick off Mike Marshall.

I cam up int he bottom half with one out, now facing Randy Lerch. I flew out to R.J. Reynolds in left.

Mark Grant came in to pitch the 9th for us. He served up a two run gopher ball to Darrell Evans.

Dodgers lead 9-2.

That is how it ended.

We are now 74-73. We have lost five in a row and are in danger of going below .500

I went 1 for 4.

Nestor just told me that he is giving me tomorrow off.

I get it. We are eliminated and there are other people who need reps and maybe I could use the break.

But I would rather play.

Last edited by rpriske; 12-15-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #178
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 21st, 1985

I got the day off versus the Dodgers. It was my first missed game all year.

We lost 5-2.

That puts us back at .500 for the first time in quite a while.

74-74

The good news today is that after the game, John Castino was activated from the D.L.

Fran Mullins has been a okay replacement, but his hitting is much weaker.

September 22nd, 1985

I am back in the lineup to face Fernando Valenzuela (17-8, 2.44) and the Dodgers.

The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (7-11, 5.34).

I am a mere 1 for 14 vs Fernando.

We gave up a run in the 1st on the first hit of the game as Mariano Duncan walked an eventually scored on a Dave Anderson single.
I got the 3rd out on a Darrell Evans grounder.

Dodgers lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half by fanning on a Fernando slider.

I also got the 3rd out in the 2nd, handling a Rich Dauer grounder.

In the 3rd I got the 2nd out off an RJ Reynolds grounder, but Duncan scored on the play. I also got the 3rd out off an Anderson grounder.

Dodgers lead 2-0.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and grounded out to Evans at 1st.

In the 4th we got on the board due to a Chili Davis solo homer.

Dodgers lead 2-1.

I got the 3rd out yet again in the 5th, grabbing a pop by Duncan.

In the 6th I got the 1st out with a diving catch on a Reynolds liner.

I came up that inning with one out and Fernando struck me out again.

In the 7th Jeffrey Brown and Rich Bauer added to the L.A. lead with a pair of solo homers.

Dodgers lead 4-1.

We ended the 8th with a Priske - Castino - Hargrove double play, getting Reynolds and Anderson out.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 1st, after he pinch hit for Terry. I hit into a double play.

Ron Davis took over mound duties in the 9th.

In the bottom half Chili Davis hit ANOTHER solo homer.

Good day for Chili. Bad day for the rest of the Giants.

We lost 4-2.

I went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.

We head down the coast tomorrow, to face the Padres in San Diego.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:01 AM   #179
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 23rd, 1985

We are in San Diego to face Eric Show (12-10, 3.33) and the Padres.
The Giants are going with Atlee Hammaker (12-13, 3.51).

We have lost seven in a row.

I have gone zero for 11 vs Show.

Sigh.

I lead off the game by striking out. Why can't I solve Show?

My teammates did a little better as Rob Deer knocked John Castino across to open the scoring.

Giants lead 1-0.

In the 2nd I come up with Brian Harper on 3rd, Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd, and two out. A good time to crack that egg.

Instead I ground out to Ozzie Guillen at short.

In the bottom half John Kruk tied it up with a solo homer.

Game tied 1-1.

In the 3rd Kruk struck again as he scored Kevin McReynolds with a double.

Padres lead 2-1.

In the 4th Lee Mazzilli singled and reached 2nd on a error before scoring on yet another error.

Game tied 2-2.

I finished the 4th by trapping a liner by Al Newman and throwing him out at 1st.

I led off the 5th by reaching an a Kruk error - the 4th of the game for San Diego. I went to 2nd on a bunt by Castino and moved to 3rd on a passed ball. I was unable to score.

IN the 6th Sixto Lazcano hit for Atlee with the bases loaded and connected with a two-run double! I came up with Terry Harper on 3rd and Sixto on 2nd with none out. I reached on yet another San Diego error. Terry scored and I was given an RBI. Sixto then scored on a sac fly by Castino. I picked up stolen base #117. Show then walked both Chili Davis and Rob Deer behind me to re-load the bags. Mazzilli singled and I scored. Brian Harper did the same. Kenny O grounded out while Deer crossed. Terry singled and Mazzilli scored.

When the dust settled it was Giants lead 10-2.

Randy Morse took over pitching that inning. (Interesting. He has been starting...)

I led off the 7th by flying out to Larry Parrish in right.

In the bottom half Benito Santiago hit an RBI triple with none out. He scored on an Alan Wiggins sac fly.

Giants lead 10-4.

In the 8th Rob Deer hit a solo homer.

Giants lead 11-4.

In the bottom half that was matched by Parrish.

Giants lead 11-5.

I come up in the 9th with one out and now facing Goose Gossage. I finally hit - a single to right. Stolen base #118 follows. That's it.

Mark Grant took the mound for us in the 9th. I got the 1st out off a Wiggins grounder.

Big win for us.

I went 1 for 6, though reached base two other times. I scored once, had one RBI, and stole two bags.

We are back to .500 - 75-75.

The Mets have clinched the NL East. Our division is down to the Dodgers and the Reds, but L.A. looks like a stone cold lock.

The Jays and the Tigers are in a dogfight int he AL East and the Mariners look to have it in the bag for West.

Wow, a Blue Jays / Mariners ALCS would have been a dream for me back home.

Last edited by rpriske; 12-24-2017 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:19 AM   #180
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 24th, 1985

We are down to a dozen games and would really like to finish above .500.

Today the Giants are pitching Jeff Robinson (9-11, 4.43).
The Padres are going with Dave Dravecky (5-12, 4.23).

I am 3 for 10 vs Dravecky.

I led off here at Jack Murphy Stadium by grounding out to Alan Wiggins at 2nd.

I made the 2nd out in the 2nd, handling a Larry Parrish grounder.

I then made the 1st out in the 3rd off a Randy Ready grounder. Later that inning the Padres opened the scoring when Wiggins singled Mark Gillespie home from 2nd.

Padres lead 1-0.

I led off the 4th by working a walk. Was erased on a Terry Harper fielder's choice.

In the bottom half Parrish hit an RBI double, scoring Kevin McReynolds.
I got Terry Kennedy for the 2nd out.

Padres lead 2-0.

I made the 3rd out in the 5th, taking an Ozzie Guillen grounder.

I came up in the 6th with one out and struck out.

Frank Williams came n for us with two on in the bottom half. He worked out of the jam.

I came up with one out in the 8th. I grounded out to Gerald DeSimone at 2nd.

Mark Davis came on to pitch the 8th for us. He was unable to hold San Diego as Kennedy singled home John Kruk.

Padres lead 3-0.

We couldn't break the goose egg and lost.

We are now 75-76.

I went 0 for 3 with a walk.