Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 12-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #181
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 25th, 1985

Still in San Diego. It seems weird to think that the season will be over soon and I will be back in Victoria. It will be nice to see the family.

Today the Giants are pitching Mike Krukow (12-13, 4.32).
The Padres are using Mark Thurmond (12-7, 3.81).

I am 0 for 2 vs Thurmond. Not much of a sample.

I led off the game by making that 1 for 3 as I singled to right! I easily stole base #119. That put me into 2nd for the most stolen bases in a season in the modern era! Rickey Henderson is in 1st with 130. After John Castino grounded out I stole 3rd for #120! Then Chili Davis singled and I scored!

Giants lead 1-0.

In the 2nd Krukow hit a two out double to score Terry Harper! I flew out to John Kruk in left to end the inning.

Giants lead 2-0.

I made my first defensive play in the 3rd, getting a Terry Kennedy grounder for the 1st out.

I came up in the 4th with one out, Terry Harper on 3rd and Mike Hargrove on 1st. I struck out.

In the bottom half Kevin McReynolds hit a solo homer to put the Padres on the board. Krukow then walked the next three batters. He left them all there.

Giants lead 2-1.

In the 5th the Padres tied it up when Pat Casey scored on an Alan Wiggins ground out. I took an Ozzie Guillen grounder for the last out.

Game tied 2-2.

In the 6th Krukow walked the first batter he faced before being lifted for Curt Brown. I started a Priske - Castino - Hargrove double play to erase McReynolds and Randy Ready.

Nestor pinch hit for me in the 7th. We ended up winning 5-4 when Rob Deer pushed the winning run across in the 9th.

Back to .500. 76-76.

I went 1 for 3 with a pair of stolen bases and a run scored.

The Dodgers clinched today.

Tomorrow is an off-day and then we face those same Dodgers. Maybe they will ease off a little.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:05 AM   #182
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 27th, 1985

Down to our final ten games and we are in L.A. to take on Fernando Valenzuela (18-8, 2.40) and the Dodgers.

The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (7-12, 5.30).

This our last road stand before heading home for the duration.

I have gone a big ONE for 18 vs Fernando.

That doesn't change right away as I lead off the game with a walk. I immediately steal base #121 before John Castino walks behind me. Then Chili Davis singles and I score.

Giants lead 1-0.

The lead is short lived as Mike Marshall homers on the bottom half. I catch an RJ Reynolds pop for the 3rd out.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Mike Hargrove on 1st. I flew out to Pedro Guerrero in centre.

It got worse in the 2nd as Rich Dauer hit an RBI double, scoring Mike Scoscia. Then Fernando hit a sac flay, scoring Dave Anderson. Mariano Duncan singled home Dauer.

Dodgers lead 4-1.

In the 3rd Reynolds scored on a Scoscia ground out. I took an Anderson grounder for the 3rd out.

Dodgers lead 5-1.

I got the 1st out in the 4th, handling a Dauer grounder.

I led off the 5th by striking out.

In the bottom half Marshall scored on a Scoscia single.

Dodgers lead 6-1.

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the 6th, now with Mark Grant pitching for us, off another Dauer grounder. Fernando and Duncan both score on a Pedro Guerrero single.

Up 8-1, Reynolds stole 2nd. That does not sit well with a lot of the team. It doesn't bother me much.

Grant only pitched the one inning before Randy Morse took over in the 7th.

I led off the 8th by taking my second walk of the game. I was quickly erased as Castino hit into a double play.

In the bottom half I was the pivot on a Morse - Priske - Hargrove double play to end the inning.

We never even made a game of it.

We are now 76-77.

I went 0 for 2 with a pair of walks, a stolen base, and a run scored.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #183
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 28th, 1985

We are in L.A. and facing Orel Hershiser (18-6, 2.95).
The Giants are pitching Atlee Hammaker (13-13, 3.51).

I am 1 for 9 vs Orel.

The Dodgers are on an 8-game winning streak.

I started off the game by grounding out to Mariano Duncan at short.

In the bottom half I got the 3rd out, handling a grounder by RJ Reynolds.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 3rd and Mike Hargrove on 2nd. I grounded out to Duncan again, but this time I got an RBI as Lee crossed.

Giants lead 1-0.

In the 5th the Dodgers got on the board when Hershiser scored on a Mike Marshall ground out. Later Duncan scored on a Pedro Guerrero ground out. I took another Reynolds grounder to end it.

Dodgers lead 2-1.

I led off the 6th by striking out.

In the bottom half I started a Priske - Castino - Hargrove double play to erase Mike Scoscia and Dave Anderson to end the inning.

With two out in the 7th Atlee got pulled in a double switch (with Brian Harper replacing Kenny Oberkfell), when he gave up a double to Duncan. Mark Davis came in and got the out on one pitch.

I came up in the 8th with one out and flew out to Franklin Stubbs in right.

We were unable to scratch that last run across and lost 2-1.

We are now 76-78.

I went 0 for 4 with an RBI.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:52 AM   #184
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 29th, 1985

Today the Dodgers were throwing Rick Honeycutt at us. (11-9, 4.20).
The Giants were going with Jeff Robinson (9-12, 4.40).

A very different match-up from the last couple.

I am 3 for 11 vs Honeycutt.

Make that 3 for 12 as he struck me out to open the game.
The rest of the inning went better as Lee Mazzilli singled and Rob Deer walked, setting up Bob Brenly for a three-run homer.

Giants lead 3-0.

I came up again in the 2nd with two out and Fran Mullins on 1st. I singled through the left side, moving Fran to 2nd. Mazzilli grounded out.

I made my first defensive play that inning, taking a Dave Anderson grounder for the 1st out.

In the 3rd Chili reached with a hit-by-pitch. One out later Brenly, Kenny Oberkfell, and Terry harper hit three straight singles that resulted in two runs.

Giants lead 5-0.

I led off the 4th by popping up to Darrell Evans at 1st.

In the bottom half I got the first out by taking a grounder from Rich Dauer.

I don't know what was up with Robinson, but he left the game in the 5th, gassed. He was pitching a shutout.
Randy Morse took over.
I started a Priske - Mullins - Mazzilli double play that inning to erase Mike Marshall and Evans. I then took a Pedro Guerrero grounder to account for all the outs.

I led off the 7th, now facing Randy Lerch, by working a walk. I moved to 2nd on a deep fly by Mazzilli. I scored on a two-out single by Deer.

Giants lead 6-0.

In the bottom half I got the 2nd out off an RJ Reynolds grounder. I snagged a liner by Marshall with Mariano Duncan standing on 3rd to end the inning.

Mark Grant took the mound for us in the 8th. The Dodgers finally got on the board that inning when Jim Dwyer hit a two out double to score Pedro Guerrero from 2nd.

Giants lead 6-1.

I led off the 9th, now facing Brian Holton. I struck out.
Chili homered that inning.

Giants lead 7-1.

In the bottom frame the Dodgers loaded the bases with two out. Guerrero hit an infield single to score one. With the bases still juiced, Nestor went to Ron Davis. Mike Scioscia singled for another run. Dwyer singled for two more.
This was getting serious.
Pinch hitter Sid Bream hit a screamer to me. I got the out at 2nd to end what turned into a closer game that we would have liked.

We won 7-5.

We are now 77-78.

I went 1 for 4 with a single, a walk, and a run scored.

Are last seven games are all at home - two vs the Reds, two vs the Astros, and three vs the Braves.
A week from tomorrow I'll be back in Victoria, looking towards next season.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #185
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 30th, 1985

It is hard to believe that I should have just finished my first month of Grade 12. I have a tutor and homework during the season, but mostly I am going to finish things up during the winter. I might even do some more schooling in the offseason after I finish my high school.

Today we have the Reds and Jeff Russell (11-9, 4.72).
The Giants are going with Mike Krukow (12-13, 4.31).

I am 3 for 9 vs Russell. Maybe it is because of his name.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by grounding out to Tracy Jones at 2nd.

The Reds opened the scoring in the 3rd when Dan Driessen doubled Kurt Stillwell home.

Reds lead 1-0.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and dropped a ball into right for a single. Stolen base #122 quickly followed. I moved to 3rd on a Kenny Oberkfell ground out. Chili Davis then parked one for a two run homer. Rob Deer made it back to back jacks with a solo bomb.

Giants lead 3-1.

I made my first defensive play in the 5th, taking a Russell grounder for the 2nd out. I followed it with doing the same to Kat Daniels for the 3rd.

I then came right to the plate, leading off with another grounder to Jones.

I came up next in the 7th, with one out and Warren Brusstar now pitching. I outran an infield single to 3rd. You know what's next. Stolen base #123. Kenny O walks. Chili flew out and then we went for a double steal but they caught Kenny at 2nd.

Ron Davis took the mound for us to start the 8th. He allowed three baserunners across two innings but no runs as we got the 3-1 win!

Back to .500! 78-78!

I went 2 for 4 with a run scored and two stolen bases!

Old 01-05-2018, 09:33 AM   #186
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 1st, 1985

The Reds are pitching Jay Tibbs (12-9, 4.09).
The Giants are using a call-up in his major league debut - Eric King.

Eric picked really well in AA and AAA this year. He is also a young guy - 21. I could see him as a roommate next year if he can stick.

I have done really well against Tibbs. 7 for 11.

Things got off on a bad foot for Eric after he gave a two run homer to Nick Esasky in the 1st.

Reds lead 2-0.

I led off the bottom half by hitting an infield single to 3rd. Chris Brown flew out but with Chili Davis up I moved up a base on a passed ball. I was left there.

I made my first defensive play in the 2nd, taking a Tracy Jones grounder for the 2nd out.

When Eric got his first major league strikeout in the 3rd it was, somewhat ironically, Nick Esasky.

I came up in the bottom half with one out. I struck out.

I got the last out in the 4th, off a Kurt Stillwell grounder.

We got back in it that inning as Chili led off with a double and scored off a ground out by Mike Hargrove. Terry Harper followed with a solo homer to tie things up.

Game tied 2-2.

I got the 2nd out in the 5th, erasing Dan Driessen on an Eric Davis fielder's choice. Davis then stole his 75th base. That would be impressive in other years.
Essay grounded out to me to end it.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and Eric King on 1st. I grounded out to Driessen at 1st.

We took the lead in the 6th. Chili reached 2nd on an error and scored off a single by Brian Harper.

Giants lead 3-2.

With one out in the 7th, Nestor lifted Eric for Mark Davis, along with John Rabb coming in for Brian harper in a double switch.
Eric did pretty well. He walked too many but he pitched into the 7th, only giving up two runs and was in line for the win.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and Tibbs struck me out again.

Eric would have to wait for another day to get his first big league W as Eric Davis clocked a three-run homer in the 9th. Scott Garrelts took over after that chased Mark Davis. It was another double switch as Steve Nicosia took over for Rabb.

Reds won 5-3.

Back to 78-79.

I went 1 for 4.

The Astros are in town tomorrow.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #187
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 2nd, 1985

The Astros are in town and are pitching Mike Scott (13-15, 3.59).
The Giants have Terry Mulholland (7-13, 5.41).

I am 3 for 9 vs Scott. That is pretty good.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by grounding out to Doug DeCinces at third.

In the 2nd I returned the favour, throwing out DeCinces for the 1st out.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Mulholland on 1st. I struck out.

In the 4th the 'Stros opened the scoring when Jerry Mumphrey crossed on a Jose Cruz groundout. Then Ken Landreaux singled, scoring Keith Hernandez and DeCinces. All the run scame after a Kenny Oberkfell error so they were unearned, but they still showed up on the scoreboard.

Astros lead 3-0.

In the bottom half Chili Davis hit a solo homer to narrow the gap.

Astros lead 3-1.

In the 5th I came up with one out and Terry Harper on 2nd. I struck out again.

In the 7th Ron Hassey belted a two run homer.

Astros lead 5-1.

With two out and a man on in the 8th, Nestor went with Frank Williams to finish the inning.

After he got his out, Chris Brown pinch hit for him and got a single, which brought me up. I flew out to Mumphrey in right.

Curt Brown came in to pitch the 9th. I got the 2nd out for him, off a Dickie Thon grounder.

It never got any better and we lost 5-1.

The Giants are now 78-80.

I went 0 for 4.

The Mariners clinched the AL West today. It is only the AL East still up in the air, with he Blue Jays and Tigers tied and the Red Sox back by a couple of game.

With the Giants out, I know all of Victoria is hoping for Seattle vs Toronto.

Hey, some good news for the last few days of the season... Colin Ward was activated from the D.L.

Speaking of... I checked out how my buddy Dave Linton was doing. He is in Fresno and... yeah. Things have not gone well for him.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:53 PM   #188
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 3rd, 1985

Today the Astros are pitching Ray Burris (12-10, 4.25).
The Giants are answering with Atlee Hammaker (13-14, 3.49).

I have gone 3 for 16 vs Burris.

I led off the home half of the 1st by grounding out to Bill Doran at 2nd.

In the 2nd we opened the scoring when Rob Deer crossed on a Lee Mazzilli sac fly.

Giants lead 1-0.

I led off our part of the 3rd by being robbed of a hit by a great snag by Chuck Jackson in centre.
I was followed by a Kenny Oberkfell triple. He scored on a Chill Davis single, and Chill scored on a Bob Brenly double!

Giants lead 3-0.

In the 4th Jackson hit a two run homer for Houston.

Giants lead 3-2.

I came up that inning with two out and John Castino on 2nd. I grounded out to Keith Hernandez at 1st.

I got my first defensive play in the 5th, taking a Doran grounder for the 1st out.

In the bottom half Kenny O scored on a Deer single.

Giants lead 4-2.

In the 6th I took part in a Castino - Priske - Mazzilli double play to get Doug DeCinces and Jose Cruz out.

In the bottom half I came up with one out and both Mazzilli and Castino in scoring position. I not only grounded out to Hernandez, but I couldn't even push a run across. Thankfully Kenny O cashed them both in with a double.

Giants lead 6-2.

Bill Laskey took over pitching for Atlee, who was lifted for a pinch hitter last frame. I got the firs tout for him, handling a Dickie Thon grounder.

I came up in the 8th with one out and pinch hitter Tom O'Malley on 2nd. Mark Knudson was now on the mound. I did better against him as I was able to work a walk. Kenny O singled to load 'em up. Chili singled and both O'Malley and I scored. Deer followed with a big three run homer.

Giants lead 11-2.

Mark Grant came in to pitch the 9th. I got him the 1st out off a Cruz grounder.

We ended up with an easy win.

No thanks to me. I went 0 for 4 with a walk and a run scored.

We are 79-80.

Tomorrow we kick off our final series of the season, as the Braves come to town.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:22 AM   #189
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 4th, 1985

Finale series of the year and the Braves are pitching Len Barker (5-17, 5.15).

The Giants are going with Jeff Robinson (9-12, 4.31).

We have already blown away general expectations for the team, but if we can go 2-1 we also hit .500 for the season.

I hope to do my part. I have gone 3 for 8 vs Barker.

The Braves got on the scoreboard early as Ron Cey walked with two out in the 1st and then scored on an Andres Galarraga double. I grabbed a Reggie Jackson grounder for the 3rd out.

Braves lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half by flying out to Reggie in right.

I got the 3rd out again in the 2nd, grabbing a Milt Thompson grounder.

In the 3rd Atlanta loaded the bases with none out. We got Reggie and Galarraga in a Priske - Castino - Hargrove double play, but they scored a run. I got a Dusty Baker grounder for the 3rd out for the 3rd staring inning.

Braves lead 2-0.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and struck out.

In the 4th I caught a diving liner by Paul Zuvella. I hit the ground hard and it find of hurt my leg. Not too bad, though. I shook it off.

In the 5th I came up with two out again. This time I grounded out to Dusty Baker at 1st.

In the 6th Nestor switched to Frank Williams on the mound. He gave up a run in the 7th when Reggie doubled to score Galarraga. After loading the bases with two out Nestor switched to Pat Perry. Zuvella grounded out to me to end it.

Braves lead 3-0.

I got the 1st out in the 8th, taking a grounder from pinch-hitter Christopher Clark. I then did the same to Milt Thompson for the 2nd out.

Steve Howe relieved for Atlanta that inning and Lee Mazzilli led off with a pinch hit single. I then came up and also singled! Then Gerald Perry threw away the ball when Lee tried to go to 3rd and he ended up scoring while I advanced to 2nd. I went to 3rd on a Chili Davis grounder, but that was the 2nd out.

Then... I saw my opening... and did it.

I stole home.

It worked! My 124th stolen base was a steal of home!

It rattled Howe and he walked Rob Deer. Before the inning was up he came around to score on a pinch hit single by Sixto Lezcano! Tie game!

Game tied 3-3.

Ron Davis came in to pitch the 9th, Guy Sularz was now at 1st after Mike Hargrove had been pinch hit for, quite successfully. Terry Harper was on left, on a double switch
Things went badly for Ron right away. He walked Ron Cey, who was then lifted for a pinch runner - Mike Cole. Then he pitched a little tight on Andres Galarraga and grazed him. Reggie hit into a Castino - Priske - Sularz double play, moving Cole to 3rd. Dusty walked. Gerald Perry singled, and the Braves had the lead back. Zuvella grounded out to me to end it.

Braves lead 4-3.

Bottom of the 9th. Was our comeback for nothing?
Brian Fisher was pitching for the Braves.
John Castino walked!
But then Terry Harper hit into a double play.
It came down to me... but, no. Nestor gave me the word. It was Tom O'Malley going up.
Sigh.
Still, it worked last inning.
He walked, so I guess it worked.
He went to 2nd on a wild pitch.
Ken Oberkfell grounded out and the game was over.

We now have to win both of our last two games to reach .500

I went 1 for 4, with a pretty amazing steal of home.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #190
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 5th, 1985

The penultimate game of the year. We need to win both to end at .500.

The Braves are pitching Tom Glavine (4-12, 7.04).
The Giants are pitching Mike Krukow (13-13, 4.21).

Advantage us.

I have gone 2 for 8 vs Glavine.

Just like yesterday, the Braves score right away. Milt Thompson and Ron Cey both crossed on a Dusty Baker single. We got Gerald Perry and Baker in a Hargrove - Priske - Hargrove double play.

I led off the bottom half by working a walk. Before I get a chance to steal, Terry Harper hit into a double play.

In the 2nd Brian Harper scored on a Fran Mullins double to put us not e board. I got the 3rd out of the inning, popping up to 2nd.

Braves lead 2-1.

The Braves loading them up in the 3rd and then Paul Runge singled to score Milt Thompson. Then Tommy Thompson singled to score Dusty Baker.

Braves lead 4-1.

In the bottom half we got one back when Chili scored on a Chris Brown single.

Braves lead 4-2.

I came up in the 4th with two out and Mike Hargrove on 2nd. I struck out.

I got the 1st out in the 5th off a liner by Gerald Perry.

Chili Davis hit a solo bomb that inning, to put us within one.

Braves lead 4-3.

That didn't last as pinch hitter Christopher Clark singled home Greg Tubbs in the 6th. We ended things with a Priske - Mullins - Hargrove double play to erase Clark and Dave Concepcion.

Braves lead 5-3.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and now facing Ed Vande Berg. I walked. I not only stole base #125, but I moved to 3rd when Thompson threw the ball away trying to catch me. That is as far as I got.

Colin Ward made his first appearance since coming back from the D.L.
The first batter he faced was Ron Cey and he blasted one for a solo homer. I took a Thompson grounder for the 3rd out.

Braves lead 6-3.

After Colin loaded them up in the 9th, Nestor went with Curt Brown to try and get the last out. He did, striking out Greg Tubbs.

I came up in the 9th with one out, facing Ken Dayley. I grounded out to Paul Runge at 2nd.

We lost 6-3 and the chance of finishing at .500 ended.

I went 0 for 3 with two walks and stolen base.

One day left and the AL East is still not decided. The Blue Jays and Tigers are tied and face each other on the final day.

Last edited by rpriske; 01-11-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #191
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

I have been reading this on and off and have finally caught up to the end... What I did notice is you don't include "The Poets" stats. Maybe a monthly recap of how he did, and how the season is going (for next year)... but I do look forward to seeing this years stats and how he finishes the year.

Good luck on the Hall run. At 16 and being on the opening day roster is quite the start.

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:49 AM   #192
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 6th, 1985

Here it is.

The final game of the season. We have outperformed expectations, but I have been pretty unhappy with my hitting. I need to get better... get on base more... if I want to break Rickey's record.

Today the Braves are pitching Pascual Perez (15-10, 4.75).
We are finishing up with newcomer Eric King (0-0, 2.84).

I am 0 for 7 vs Perez.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by making that 0 for 8. Perez struck me out.

A pretty embarrassing month for Eric in the 2nd. He loaded the bases with one out and then walked Pascual Perez to force in a run. That is the only run he gave up but walking the pitcher for a run?

Braves lead 1-0.

We got in back its he bottom half when Rob Deer doubled and later scored on an error by Milt Thompson in left.Later Eric showed that Perez was not the only pitcher who could notch an RBI as he singled home Lee Mazzilli! I even got a single with men on (though no RBI).

Giants lead 2-1!

We had a big inning in the 3rd!

Chili Davis doubled. He scored on a Rob Deer single. Bob Brenly singled. Terry harper singled, scoring Deer. Mazzilli struck out. John Castin o grounded out, but Brenly scored. Eric King doubled, scoring Terry! Then I struck out.

Giants lead 6-1!

I made my first defensive play in the 5th, handling a Dave Concepcion grounder for the 1st out.

Unfortunately, King couldn't get out of the 5th. He pitched (and hit!) fine but he ran out of gas. Mark Grant took over for him with two out and two on. He gave up a single to Gerald Perry, allowing an inherited runner to score. Two more hits and the other inherited runner scored, as well as Perry.

Giants lead 6-4.

Frank Williams took over in the 6th.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Duane Ward. I struck out AGAIN.

Williams gave up a lead-off double to Reggie Jackson in the 7th and was then pulled for Mark Davis. He kept Reggie from scoring.

After being pinch hit for, Davis was lifted for Ron Davis in the 8th. I got he 1st out for him, halting a Run Cey pinch hit grounder. I also got the 3rd out, on a Dusty Baker grounder.

I led off the bottom of the 8th, now facing Ken Dayley. I grounded out to Rafael Ramirez at 3rd.

Int he 9th I started a Priske - Castino - Mazzilli double play for the first two outs.

And that was it. We ended on a 6-4 win, falling just shy of .500 with a 80-82 record.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:50 AM   #193
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

The Tigers edged the Jays on the last day so the playoffs are the Mariners hosting the Tigers and the Mets hosting the Dodgers.

Go Mariners!

Old 01-14-2018, 12:56 AM   #194
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

In the end I played 160 games, which is pretty good. I hit .222, which is not.

My slash line was .222/.285/.299

I stole 125 bases and was caught only 11 times. With my defense factored in, I was considered the Most Valuable Giant among the position players, believe it or not.

Ahead of even Bob Brenly.

Atlee Hammaker took the nod overall.

So, now what?

Back to Victoria to try to get ready for next season.

There are a bunch of teammates who I don't know whether they will be back.

Free agent include Miek Krukow, John Castino, Sixto Lezcano, Ron Davis, Mike Hargrove, and Lee Mazzilli.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:00 AM   #195
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

If we weren't going to be in the post-season, it was nice to see the Mariners in it... but they didn't go any further, losing to the Tigers 4 games to 2.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:01 AM   #196
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

The hated Dodgers beat the Mets in seven games. The World Series was not going to be very popular around the Bay area this year.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:04 AM   #197
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

In the end, the Dodgers couldn't get it done and the Detroit Tigers were the World Series Champs!

One day... I'll be there. Mark my words.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:06 AM   #198
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

The Giants singed team trainer Corey Gianetti to a five-year contract extension.

Huh. That isn't great. I have to take care of my own wheels. He just isn't on the ball with leg injuries.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:09 AM   #199
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Today was a big day on the financial side of the team.

They signed Bob Brenly to a FOUR year extension! That is great!

They also signed a whole raft of players to one year extensions, including Atlee Hammaker!

Old 01-14-2018, 01:12 AM   #200
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Big news!

Today the Gold Glove Awards were announced and I won!!

Woo-hoo! This is the first real hardware for the mantlepiece!