Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Baseball Union, my shot at stats only

I started a fictional league using teams from Canada and the US and fictional players. I started running the league in 1988 and simulated it thru the 2014 season to have a fresh league with all game created players.

After the sim, I chose one of thee worst teams in the Canadian League, the Regina Minutemen and am going to try running them.

Over the course of the league, the Minutemen have won 2 championships, including the one in the first year of the league and then again in 2006. in between, they have made the playoffs 3 other times in the league so a fledgling team to say the least. The best thing about the team is that they have a solid following and a solid fan base though even that is dwindling over the time that they have started losing the past few seasons.

In 2013, the Minutemen finished the season 73-89, last place in the division and missed the playoffs for the 6th season in a row. The team can hit and score some run but stopping them is a real chore and they don't have a lot of pitching prospects coming up. Things will take a bit to get better.

I'm looking forward to the challenge of this, I hope I can keep an interesting dynasty.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Pitching and Line Ups

ROTATION
1. Vincente Rico 28 years old. Quality pitcher, not a 20 game winner but will pitch well enough to win. Need a big season from Rico this season.

CAREER - 30-21 2.94

2. Diego Cuevas 23 years old. Future pitching prospect, not fully sure if he is ready or not but this will be a test.

CAREER - NONE YET

3. Tony Prieto 31 years old. Not a great pitcher but my best option at 3rd starter for the season. Hope he can mature a little to help the club.

CAREER - 87-96 4.10

4. Ron Wilkerson 30 years old. This is more or less a filler type of starter. If he pitches .500, I would be happy.

CAREER - 9-5 4.47

5. Mike Russell 30 years old. Another filler type pitcher and he gets the nod as the 5th starter. This could be a multiple type of spot in the rotation.

CAREER - 9-15 4.59

The bullpen is just bad. Not much point in talking too much about them. This is by far the worst area on the team.

LINE UP
1. Julio Zapata - CF Average hitter, can get on base and runs very well.
CAREER - .266 4 23

2. Manuel Garcia - 2B Solid bat but not much power. VEry little K's.
CAREER - .309 100 686

3. Paul Holamn - LF A huge slugger that should hit around .275. Draws walks
CAREER - .268 116 410

4. Tim Anderson - RF By far the best overall hitter on the team. Doesn't draw a lot of walks but hits a tun
CAREER - .282 41 134

5. Brendon Marshall C Very solid, power hitting catcher. Decent defense
CAREER - .247 130 488

6. Woody Campbell - DH Inconsistent hitter but has a lot of power.
CAREER - .241 23 95

The rest of the line up is no big deal. Just some scraps I picked up to see if they can do something.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
YanksFan
Minors (Double A)

Starting an MLB-based, fictional player stats only league myself so i may not post much but i'll be following. Good Luck.
YanksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Pre-Season prediction

The game has the Minutemen predicted to finish 2nd last in our division with a 73-89 record, 16 games back from the front runner, Edmonton Northstars.

Not much respect for our offense, they list us as scoring only 671 runs, far in the bottom of the Canadian League and allowing 795 runs, at the top of the runs allowed but in a bad way.

I don't think that this team is that bad but I guess time will tell.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

First Month of the Season

After trying to get a player claimed on waivers, we decided to move him out. There was just no room for him and we could use some help in pitching so we made a deal with the San Fransico Frenzy and picked up Bobby Marsh. Marsh is a decent arm who can start when needed.

Marsh is 10-13 in his career, with a 4.75 ERA. Not great stats but will help and can hopefully turn in a solid season.

Ending the month strong, we finished at 13-15 and are 2nd last in the division but we started 1-9 in the first 10 games. We lost 2 starting pitchers in the first month, both to 3 month injuries. Tony Prieto (0-1 3.18) is suffering from shoulder inflamation and will miss 2-3 months and Mike Russell (2-0 5.73) will miss about the same time with a sore forearm. Both of these guys are pitching fairly well and we could use them back.

Taking theor place will be the recently traded for Bobby Marsh (1-1 5.11) and minor league call up Curt Shelton (1-1 4.32). Shelton was a bubble guy who was a tough guy to send down and will pitch in the 5th spot.

We picked up a new closer, he was unhappy where he was and the scouts say he is a very, very good arm and should help us nail down some games that we shouldn't have lost. Julio Guerrero is a 33 year old and should stabalize the bullpen.

On the other side of the ball, Woody Campbell, 23 year old DH has started the season very well. He has 4 homers and 14 RBI to go with his .290 average. Ken Davis, 3B has the team lead in homers with 6 to start the season along with his 17 RBIs. Catcher Brenden Marshall is struggling hard with his .182 average though he has been very good this season behind the plate and really is one of the better defensive catchers in the game.

AROUND THE LEAGUE

The Indianapolis Red Knights are leading the league this season at 20-8 and are playing very well in all aspects of the game. On the Power rankings for the month, we are 17th and moving up but we really do have to get going to get higher. Some ugly injuries through the league and a lot of solid players sitting on the DL for a while.

The Seattle Whitehawks, Evan Prendergast hit his 2000 base hit in the best way you can. HE slugged a 3 run bomb vs the Xplorers on a walk off shot to win the game. The 37 year old has had an outstanding career hitting .290 with 73 homers and 641 RBIs in his 1894 games to go along with his 566 stolen bases.